Author Topic: almost hate to bring it up but YET ANOTHER ignorant comment!  (Read 9796 times)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: almost hate to bring it up but YET ANOTHER ignorant comment!
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2005, 11:10:43 am »
Frankly, all of YOUR houses sound like the ONLY houses I would want to go visit...   ;D

Whenever I get invited anywhere, like to a party at someone's house, my first question is "Do you have any dogs I can play with?" 
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2005, 11:27:12 am »
You guys are beyond SO great!!!!...Did I mention that when this aunt left I said I really thpought it was rude for her to say that & my family stuck up for her saying "well if she wasn't such a nice person I'd agree with you but I think she was just curious"...She lives like 20 minutes away, shops for her groceries here often & has never been to my home...If she was that curious maybe she should stop by & see for herself!...I too enjoy that I don't get alot of comapany...We have always discouraged company...Mayb e that's why we have all these animals...Insu rance...lol... & do not get me started on the UPS man...Samson was like 8 months old & I pulled up to my house as the UPS truck did so I shut Sammy in the van & walked down my drive to meet the guy & get my package...I saw him eyeing Sammy who was barking in the van (windows shut) & I said he's all bark & as I was reaching for the package from about 2 feet from the guy he DROPS my package on the retaining wall next to my driveway & walks away never saying ONE word to me...It was raining too!!!!...I called & reported his rude a**!!!!!!!!!!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2005, 11:34:53 am »
well, my mom has only been to my house 3 times in 5 years and i live 20 min from her....her excuse - "its to far to drive."  Oh well, I like it like that.  So far no real nasty comments about the animals from the family.

Anakalia

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005, 11:35:20 am »
HAHAHAAA!!  You called and reported the UPS guy?  That's hilarious!!  As for the family thing.... Tony (fiance) has an aunt that comes over often and everytime she does same ol' thing happens.  She walks in and pushes Koby to the side and starts loving on Ramsey the psycho Maltese!  Makes me so darn mad... then the usual comment from her,"Koby's just too big I don't know why you have a dog like that!"  And she has a dissapointed look on her face while saying it!  ::)  She bought Ramsey the psycho for my daughters 3rd b-day so she acts like he's the best thing in the world.  Who buys a dog for a 3 yr old anyway?!!! lol

As for my family I have to laugh, because my dad won't step foot into our house.  He's HUGE 6 ft tall and over 200lbs and yet he's scared sh!#less of Koby!!   Way too funny!  As you can tell I try to find humor in all of this. heheheee ;D

Andi

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005, 11:49:18 am »
"Though I don't know if I'd TRUST any of my family with the lives of my furbabies.
"

Haha, I know exactly how you feel, Moni!!! This past winter, my husband took my daughters to Florida for a vacation, and I stayed home with my pups!
Last time I left my animals to a family members care things did not go well to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!...That was the last time I went on vacation with my family....My kids & hubby have gone to Misourri 3 times without me now...Little do they know I am the one gettting the real vacation! ;D

mcenter

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2005, 12:18:42 pm »
Exactly!!!! 6 years ago, when we had only 1 dog, I boarded him (poor little Toby :'() and all I did the entire vacation was worry about him...and when I picked him up he smelled like BLEACH. Plus they require all those unnecessary vaccines...so that was the last time I ever boarded any of my animals. I havent been on vacation in over 5 years and I really dont miss it. And like Gypsy said, we are really getting the vacation too ;D

Kiahpyr

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2005, 12:53:50 pm »
You can be part of my family. My family and luckily my husbands family are all pet lovers. I do know what you mean though. I also get how's the zoo. People also have told me that after leaving my house that they were surprised it didn't stink. I was like excuse me. I do have to agree that some people are very ignorant.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2005, 01:32:43 pm »
You can be part of my family. My family and luckily my husbands family are all pet lovers. I do know what you mean though. I also get how's the zoo. People also have told me that after leaving my house that they were surprised it didn't stink. I was like excuse me. I do have to agree that some people are very ignorant.
Here what really offended me about the comment my aunt made...Does she think that I would allow my skin kids to live in stink & filth?...That is very offensive to me!

Nicole

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2005, 02:32:39 pm »
AGH! This is so funny. I have the same issues with my family. I have three kitties and one Cabeza and my brother has two kitties and one black lab. He is always on and on about how many animals I've got and how nasty my house is. I'm like, "Um, hello? I've got one more cat than  you!" Is he stupid? (ANSWER:YES!)

My mom lives LITERALLY 5 blocks from me and has been to my house like, 3 times in three years. (AWESOME!)

Thank goodness that Mark's sister and BIL have two dogs and three kitties and a huge fenced in yard. We share dog-watching for one another. We love their babies and they love ours. And, his parents have 5 cats and absolutely LOOOOOOOOVE Cabeza. They often pick him up for the day and take him to get treats and car rides! I'm SO going to get that "Ask me about my Granddog" T-shirt that someone posted a few weeks ago for my MIL for Christmas! She totally treats him like a granddog! She picks him up more than my daughter!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2005, 02:47:26 pm »
I'm thinking we definitely need "Real Women have BIG DOGS" t-shirts with the BPO logo on it. 

It was my BEST comeback EVER!  A real stroke of genius on my part, I think!  LOL!

Nicole

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2005, 02:50:00 pm »
Heather, you are so right. I love it.

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2005, 03:03:32 pm »
So...... What are we going to do with our relatives anyway?.......lol

Frankly a home is not a home if there are no pets there.  I can't stand going to someones house that doesn't have a dog, it can be sooooo boring.

Nicole

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2005, 03:06:41 pm »
Yup! I agree.

GR8DAME

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2005, 03:24:14 pm »
How do people that don't have dogs keep their feet warm on the couch?
Who do they trip over and swear at in the dark on a 2 AM potty run? And most important, who loves and slobbers all over them?

Feel sorry for these stupid people, girls, as they will never open their hard little hearts and recieve the unconditoinal love that we have every day... and they could never give it back.
Stella

Nicole

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2005, 03:27:13 pm »
Stella,
Good way to look at it. You are SO right. They don't even know what they're missing.