Author Topic: Hurricane Displaced Pit Bull needs temp. foster  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Hurricane Displaced Pit Bull needs temp. foster
« on: September 07, 2005, 07:04:57 am »
I received a call last night from a local Noah's Wish volunteer. She needs to place a 4 year old pit bull for a couple months while her dad gets resettled. He lost everything in the hurricane in New Orleans and his company is relocating him to Atlanta. As soon as he finds a place to live, he will take the dog back. According to the volunteer who has the dog right now, he is a pussy cat with people, but is animal aggressive. The owner says he has never been around other dogs or cats and that is probably why he is like that. However, you can take food right out of this dogs mouth and he is very good with small children.

The dog's name is King. He is not neutered, but the owner does not object to having that done. He also said he is not opposed to finding a new permanent home for the dog if that is what must be done, but ideally he would like to be reunited with his dog if at all possible.

Does anyone have any ideas or can anyone foster?? It would be great if we could find a foster home in or close to Atlanta so he could be close to his dog.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Hurricane Displaced Pit Bull needs temp. foster
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 07:53:36 am »
Jeannie,

I do not know anyone who could take him, but I'll ask around. I can foster a dog if you need, but only for 2 months as we will be moving from Texas to the SE/SW, AL/GA area. If you discover the need arises let me know. Dog must be ok with kids (10 months to 14 y/o), cat and dogs. I wish I could take a couple of cats, but my husband has allergies, so we are limited to Turkish Angoras in our house. I will be in and out of town over the next 2 weeks, but will check my email. You may contact me at Dazaroff@msn.com, although we live 6 mi. north of the US/Mexico border. I can pick up a dog in Corpus.

Best wishes, I'll post if I can find him a home.

Thanks,
Deena

P.S. Wish I could help more.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 08:10:36 am »
Oh my gosh!! I have a Turkish Angora foster cat! She was at our municipal shelter next to death from upper respiratory illness. She is absolutely beautiful now!! She is bipolar, though. I named her Luna Lovegood (I'm a Harry Potter freak), but most of the time we call her "Lunatic".  She even has the one blue eye & one gold eye!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 06:25:45 pm »
That's quite a coincidence; Turkish Angoras are few and far between.  Your cat looks alot like my first Turk, Tiffany.  Here's a couple of pictures of our seven year old Turk, Missy.

Hope you get lots of inquiries about the pitbull.

Deena

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 08:17:50 am »
Oh my gosh! They look nearly identical!!

Good news about the pit bull - I think! I got a call last night from a gentleman who has a friend going from Baton Rouge to Atlanta and willing to bring any and all pets he can fit in the back of his pickup with him. I told him about the pit bull and that I would love for the dog to be in Atlanta near his owner and he called the Noah's Wish volunteer who has King to set it up!!

Jeanne