Author Topic: How's the "altered" Angus (no longer Wangus!)  (Read 7904 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
How's the "altered" Angus (no longer Wangus!)
« on: September 07, 2005, 01:36:54 pm »
The last we heard from Nikkers is that she was running back to take care of a crying and whining Angus.  How is he doing??  and how is SHE doing???  Poor BOTH of them!!!

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: How's the "altered" Angus (no longer Wangus!)
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 01:41:30 pm »
I hope they are both doing o.k....Nicks, How's you & Wangus?

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 01:41:50 pm »
As of today (9:30 a.m.) he was up and crying because she would not let him play with Cody. Apparently he is fine and trying to bounce around with a super watchful eye on him. They were both awake until about 5- now he's good as new & she is sleepy. Go figure!

I called the vet's office this morning and they are supposed to call her back and apologize for upsetting her yesterday and explain everything that she has questions about. I hope that they do it soon because they really left a sour taste in her mouth.

As for Cody, he is ready to resume therapy practice with Bear this evening. Woohoo! Even a little surgery won't keep Nicki down.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 01:45:07 pm »
As of today (9:30 a.m.) he was up and crying because she would not let him play with Cody. Apparently he is fine and trying to bounce around with a super watchful eye on him. They were both awake until about 5- now he's good as new & she is sleepy. Go figure!

I called the vet's office this morning and they are supposed to call her back and apologize for upsetting her yesterday and explain everything that she has questions about. I hope that they do it soon because they really left a sour taste in her mouth.

As for Cody, he is ready to resume therapy practice with Bear this evening. Woohoo! Even a little surgery won't keep Nicki down.  ;D
What did they do at the vets office that upset our Nicks???...Do I need to hurt someone??? >:(
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 03:54:14 pm by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 01:56:48 pm »

What did they do at the veys office that upset our Nicks???...Do I need to hurt someone??? >:(

I've got your back, Gyps.  Let's go get 'em!! >:(

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 03:26:52 pm »
What happened to Wangus? 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005, 03:32:52 pm »
What happened to Wangus? 

Wangus got "tutored".  Well, it rhymes with tutored, anyway!   ;)
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

dohertyswissy

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 05:04:12 pm »
Thanks for the update Jamie! 

Someone needs to keep us updated on that crazy bunch ... I worry that she actually HAS taken out someone with a baseball bat if we don't hear from her regularly!   ;)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2005, 05:04:44 pm »
It just sounded as if things might not have gone great at the vet.  Guess we all worry about "little" wangus.

Lisa
What happened to Wangus? 

Wangus got "tutored".  Well, it rhymes with tutored, anyway!   ;)

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Phillips

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Dixie & Brutis
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005, 05:06:34 pm »
GET WELL SOON BIG GUY
Boxer slobbers from Dixie and Brutis

nickerbokker

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 05:31:11 pm »
OH THANKS EVERYONE LOL!  ANGUS SENDS HIS LOVE.

the short version.....

i took ango in for the big neuter at 7 yesterday.  i spoke with the front desk girl for about a half an hour when she tried to come around the desk to put his little collar on him, and he wasn't going to have it....so she asked me to put it on, followed by her going back around the desk, getting this BIG paper filled with BIG RED "USE CAUTION" STICKERS and put them all over his folder, his file, his new cage, and asked me to put one on his fake collar.  i laughed LMAO.  im so proud.  then we took him in back, and i had to leave him in his little cage, and i cried like a baby.  i left, and by 12:30 hadn't heard anything.  i called, they said he had 3 techs and a muzzle on him at that moment, putting him under LMAO.  they called me back a short while later to tell me it went good, and he would be waking up soon.  then it was time to go get him, and i arrived at like 5:15.  i asked to speak with the doctor before i payed, and the girl and i had to go back and fourth a couple of time before she understood I WAS NOT PAYING UNTIL I TALKED WITH SOMEONE....not too much to ask in my opinion.  then, instead of the doctor, which i requested and think was not out of reason for me to do so, a tech came out.  she basically wasted my time, telling me nothing i didn't already know, and sent me on the way.  she brought out angus, he saw me, came over to me, stopped, opened his mouth, and puke flew out all over my face and hands.....swel l.  i got him in the car, he sat in the front seat with drool hanging down almost to the seat itself, and cried until we got home.  when he walked in the door, he started crying harder, and cried until 5 this morning.  jaime can confirm this, she could hear him on the phone lol.  we woke up at 8ish, and he is fine LOL.  i had move the matress out into the living room so he didn't have to jump or step or anything, and he took that whole thing while cody took the couch, i again, was on the floor most of the night.  cody was and is upset, because all he wanted and wants to do is play, and mean mommy wont let him.  angus still isn't peeing.....alt hough they CLAIMED to give him the fluids i paid 75 bucks for....so im a little worried about that.  jaime called them to stand up for me THANKS DUDE.....and the dcotor called me about an hour ago and we talked. 

his elevated liver function, according to her, is nothing to worry about.  it measures the bones more than it measures liver function, and since he's growing "she expected it to be high". 

his weight, according to her, is low (70 LBS MY GOD) because he is so high strung all the time....she wants him on a food with more fat and calories. 

his left hip is popping a lot, but she expects that in a big dog.  whatever. 

they didn't take his temp, which i am not happy about, but she estimates it is always high (according to me), because he is so high strung. 

his runny stool every two weeks is probably because of worms, so he starts his pills tonight. 

his nail, she doesn't remember, but she thinks they cut it too short so the stuff and color isee is the quick stopper and blood.  makes sense, but that REALLY ticks me off.  the nail is cut about 1/4 an inch more than all the other nails, so i dont understand what retard did that. 

she thinks he's cute.

anyway....as you all know, alot more happened in these short 30 hours, but i will spare you the rest.  all i know is, i am happy she called, she doesn't seem to be concerned for him or his health, he has finally stopped crying....HIS SACK WAS EMPTY YESTERDAY AND I LAUGHED LOL.....but today its a bit puffy, so hopefully it goes down soon.  he seems to be fine though.  he wants to run and play and do all the annoying things he usually does, so i have to keep grabbing him and laying with him to calm him down.

oh.....i felt bad for him yesterday, so i tried to put an ice pack on his balls, and he treid to bite me LMAO. 

and finally.....af ter i dropped him off yesterday, i came home and layed in bed with cody for hours waiting to get my baby back .  he is a pain in the butt, and a lot more work than i ever expected when i saw my fluffy little baby curled up under a heat lamp with his 10 brothers and sisters and my heart ached for him for the very first time.....but my god, my life would be empty without him.  i am so glad i have this puppy, he is my life. 

anyway....shor t story made long, but still short.  now, i must go snuggle again. 

thanks for thinkin bout us MIL hehe...and gyp, and dix, and grumpy, and stinky, and phil.....we appreciate it.

a very happy mom with two ballless boys say hello.....and thanks

we will check in soon!

the girls.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2005, 05:37:04 pm »
Ty for the update Nicks!...Pippin was to be neutered today but the vet;s office called to rescedule as dr. Kim had a family emergency...I could have gone with another vet there but I always deal with Dr. Kim & she understands the full consequence on what might happen if one of my furbabies was hurt in any way...lol...An yway, I am glad things seem to be going well...I look for Wangus to get a much better attitude soon! ;D

Icerotti

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2005, 05:37:39 pm »
Good to hear Wangus aka Angus is doing better.  Poor boy. Farley will be joining you soon dude. ;)

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2005, 06:08:57 pm »
Glad to hear things are going better, Lets all observe a moment of silence for Angus's Wangus........ .Amen
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 06:14:15 pm by Rocky's 'Rents »

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2005, 06:10:36 pm »
Whew, glad to hear that things are going better!  I hope you get some sleep, too!  :)