Author Topic: Stupid people making stupid life a stupid living h*ll  (Read 10607 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Stupid people making stupid life a stupid living h*ll
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2005, 08:29:01 am »
OK, call me insensitive or maybe it's 'cause I don't have kids, but I don't feel sorry for the little girl at all. this is how we learn lessons and hopefully she'll learn that you don't approach strange dogs and you certainly don't take them off their run unless you ASK THE OWNER FIRST!

Unfortunately, what she'll probably learn is that if you do something wrong and get hurt because of it you can sue someone, get a lot of money and buy a new bike.

Kudos to you for consulting a lawyer. They were 100% in the WRONG! I don't think I could bring myself to make the first move to smooth things over. I'd be furious, too.

And congrats on the job opportunities.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Anakalia

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2005, 08:29:43 am »
OMG!  Ang, you have the lowest of days then the highest of days, you really need to level them out a bit hun! lol  I'm kidding, but I'm so super happy that todays going better!  What that lawyer says just confirms my belief that the lady is evil!  She doens't have a chance in the courtroom!!  Woohoooo!!  Ang is getting a job... Ang is gonna be rich... Ang is not gonna have to wait 5 min to get to one website anymore!!

Andi

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2005, 08:31:00 am »
PupDaddy, where in the heck do you get all these hilarious pics? LMAO!!!

Andi

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/index2.shtml
here's one place

OMG!...OMG!...LMAO!!!...I love that pic!!!!!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2005, 08:42:42 am »
PupDaddy, where in the heck do you get all these hilarious pics? LMAO!!!

Andi

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/index2.shtml
here's one place

OMG!...OMG!...LMAO!!!...I love that pic!!!!!

Dang it, PupDaddy, I told you not to take that picture of me!!!   ;D

Ang, I am glad that things are looking up today, hon....
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2005, 08:48:32 am »
...  She doens't have a chance in the courtroom!!  ...
Andi
Like h*ll she doesn't! We live in America! Since when does right and wrong, or justice have anything to do being sued? Ang, your best hope is for HER lawyer to realize your got nothing worth sueing for.  (If you've got anything of value, HIDE IT!)

Sincerely,
Mr. I've got a bad attitude because of this whole Katrina Thing and even petting my puppies doesn't make me feel better PupDaddy

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2005, 09:08:22 am »
...  She doens't have a chance in the courtroom!!  ...
Andi
Like h*ll she doesn't! We live in America! Since when does right and wrong, or justice have anything to do being sued? Ang, your best hope is for HER lawyer to realize your got nothing worth sueing for.  (If you've got anything of value, HIDE IT!)

Sincerely,
Mr. I've got a bad attitude because of this whole Katrina Thing and even petting my puppies doesn't make me feel better PupDaddy
Hopefully it won't come to that...PupDadd y, I'm on edge too because of the Katrina tragedy...I'm not sleeping nights & certainly not myself at all...Understn dable....Here's a virtual hig for you. ((((((((((PupDaddy)))))))))))

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2005, 11:34:57 am »
The little girl down the street used to have a habit of walking into my yard to play with the dogs anytime they were out.  Everytime which was about everyday, I would tell her not to come in the yard.  She only let Rocco out once but once is enough with that dork, he runs so you chase him but you can't not chase him because there are alot of streets and tied out dogs.  I put a lock on my gate and she started jumping the fence until one day Rocco ploughed her and started dragging  her around by her ankle.  He was playing but she wasn't.  After I let her have it that time she now comes to the door to ask to play.  I always say no but she keeps asking.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2005, 11:54:04 am »
P. Daddy - lol so very funny with the pics...love them.

Ang - Congrats on the job offers...I am glad you consulted a lawyer.  Hopefully it won't go thar far, but it sounds like this woman likes to go to court so it is a possibility.  I agree that 7 yrs old is young to be motoring around the neighborhood and unhooking dogs etc etc.  My kids didn't even know what the frontyard looked like until they were probably in the 7th grade... I see kids all the time, here in Vegas, out at all hours without supervision... some are little kids..... I would be completely embarrassed and apologetic if it had been my kid that had done the same thing.

Offline WhiteShepherdDog

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Teach your parents well....
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2005, 12:16:17 pm »
Maybe a constitutional amendment for common sense? ;)

#1: Parents: Teach your children NOT to approach any dog without prior permission from the adult owner.

#2: Children:Never approach a dog without asking to; just because a dog is in public does not give you the right to touch it.

#3: Dog owners: Protect your dog by a.) having it with you or b. ) containing it safely in private away from public access   
-------------------------------------------------
Even if this dog was in a fenced area - still unsupervised- the "public" could poison, torment or otherwise harm your dog.

It is the responsible pet owner's job to keep the dog away from the public, as well as keep the public away from the dog. I think this is about supervision of our dogs, too.
Most dogs would rather be with the owner, lying at their feet, wouldn't they than tied down?
IMHO
Regards,
Martha in Texas

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2005, 12:24:03 pm »
Ummmm I don't know if you're talking to me, but my dog is with me practically on a constant basis.  He gets tied out for MAYBE 10 minutes at a time a few times a day because we don't have a fence, and he's starting not to come when called.  (He just turned 1 so he's rebelling)  We working on this with training, but until he can be fully trusted we're putting him on a run.  I would walk him on the leash but he refuses to poop with me there, so the run, until now has worked.

This dog is my life, as previously stated, and he's spoiled beyond all reasonable measures.  I just want to make sure that no one is under the impression that he's an out door dog in any way shape or form, or that he is frequently thrown out there un supervised.  Most of the time when he is out there I watch him from the door and when he's done I go to get him.  I'm sorry that I didn't foresee what was going to happen.  I went to fax something.  Took me about 40 seconds.  I didn't forsee a hellion coming over to comandeer my dog.

ALSO I don't know if you read the whole post or just skimmed this but this happened in a duplex that my grandparents own.  It's a communal yard, seperated by maybe 10 feet of privacy fence between the two patios. 

I took pics of the yard from my window.  Starting from the left side (The side yard is large but not inluded in these) which is our side, and moving to their side on the right.  Also I'm showing a picture of the dividing fence. 

Ang
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 12:37:46 pm by Anky »
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2005, 12:55:09 pm »
Things are looking better today

Ang,

I haven't been around much the last couple of days, so I missed your saga until now.  I don't have anything to add, because I agree with all the sentiments about that woman--ugh!  I am sorry you had to deal with this on top of everything else.  When something crappy like this happend, it feels good to know you didn't do anything wrong.  I'm really glad things are looking up for you today, too.  Hang in there, kiddo!

More importantly, are those poops still solid?  ;D

Holly

Yes the solid poops are what I get up for in the morning :P
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."