Author Topic: Dr. & animals in New Orleans on hospital rooftop rescued!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3317 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Dr. & animals in New Orleans on hospital rooftop rescued!!!!!!!!!
« on: September 07, 2005, 03:34:59 pm »
The Dr. that chose to stay & care for some 40 or 50 dogs, 13 cats, & 2 hamsters has been saved along with all of the animals!!!...The 1st rescue attempt resulted in the helicopter tipping & crashing...Opr ah Winfrey went in with her people on boats to get the dr. & animals to a makeshift landing pad where they were lifted out to safety!!!!!!!!...This man told the pet owners to get to safety & promised to care for their animals & did!!!!!...WHAT A GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!...God bless him & the Oprah people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiahpyr

Re: Dr. & animals in New Orleans on hospital rooftop rescued!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 03:38:09 pm »
That's so great to hear. It makes me happy to know that there are good people out there.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 05:50:52 pm »
Wow that's amazing. What an awesome person! I can't imagine what that must have been like on the rooftop with all those animals!!! I want pictures!

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 10:26:09 pm »
Great story, was his name Dr. Dolittle perhaps? ;)
Peggy

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 10:53:39 pm »
The were rescued by the Love Boat!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 02:52:32 am »
I saw this on Oprah today...it was Matthew Mcconaughey who helped with the rescue...that doc is a really great man.  I guss a heliocopter crashed ateempting to rescue him the 1st time.... I didn't hear about the G.Pig...they said there was like 50 dogs and cats and 2 hamsters.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 06:52:16 am »
I saw this on Oprah today...it was Matthew Mcconaughey who helped with the rescue...that doc is a really great man.  I guss a heliocopter crashed ateempting to rescue him the 1st time.... I didn't hear about the G.Pig...they said there was like 50 dogs and cats and 2 hamsters.
I guess it was the Oprah people who filmed it...I got confused...Not at all uncomman...lol ...The guinea pig & cat are a different story...Were left in some hospital in a patient room with food but no water as the plumbing had failed. :'(

Anakalia

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 07:56:39 am »
This is a great story!  There's not many postive things going on there right now so it's great to hear stories like this.  And I've always LOVED Matthew McCounaghey as an actor now I can love him for his awsome rescute abilities!!  ;D  As for the Dr. I think that man deserves a medal or something!!  There should be more people in this world like him!!!

Andi

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 08:42:21 am »
This is a great story!  There's not many postive things going on there right now so it's great to hear stories like this.  And I've always LOVED Matthew McCounaghey as an actor now I can love him for his awsome rescute abilities!!  ;D  As for the Dr. I think that man deserves a medal or something!!  There should be more people in this world like him!!!

Andi
That dr. has been my hero since I 1st heard about him...How many people would say, "Get out & be safe....I have no idea what will become of me but I promise to stay & care for these animals"?...That is a hero!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 12:22:32 pm »
Gyp - Matthew was there as part of Oprah's team.  She also has the Travoltas, Lisa Marie, Julia Roberts out in many of the areas helping.  So you were not confused at all.  I agree that doc is a hero..not many people would have done that.  I wish the docs I work with could take a lesson - they are all such Prima Donnas.  They showed him looking all haggard...said it was glad they came when they did cause he didn't know how much longer he could hold out.  He is a truely awesome guy!!!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 04:11:26 pm »
This story makes me smile  :)
RIP former BPO