Author Topic: Fancy meeting you here...  (Read 3267 times)

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
Fancy meeting you here...
« on: September 08, 2005, 07:15:20 am »
Hi all! It's Mamadog. My computer broke...and I've been crazy busy and haven't gotten it fixed yet... but I thought I'd stop in and say hi. Finn and the rest of the gang are still doing great and I will try to get some new pics of him up soon. I can check in when I'm at school (yes, I went back to school!)
I miss you all madly....  Take care
Vicki

Offline TwoNewfies

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Fancy meeting you here...
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 08:03:19 am »
Hi Vicki,

Welcome back! We missed you!  can't wait to see new pics of Finn and hear what antics he has been up to :)
hope all is well back at school!
Gina

All dogs are pets.  Newfoundlands are family!

GR8DAME

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 08:10:58 am »
Hi Vickie, we missed you and Finn. (SHHSSHHH, now, we can't talk about her anymore....) JUST KIDDING! LOL
Stella

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 09:03:53 am »
Hey! I was wondering where you had gone...  Can't wait to see new pictures.  What kind of classes are you taking?  :)
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 09:15:36 am »
Vicki, It really is good to see word from you here!...My computer puked a couple of years ago & I went without one for almost a year...It was horrifying! :D I miss hearing from you here at BP"s!

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 11:10:27 pm »
Evening gang!

Oh my, how I have missed it here!  So yes, Finny is HUGE. He doesn't look so big to me, but we took him to a friends last week and everyone was impressed with how big he is. I'm weighing him on Monday, but my guess is 110. He got worms again (Yikes!) and so his gain was slow for a bit but that's over now. His skin is bad though. He is allergic to fleas. Figures. But we're doing our best to keep him flea free and comfortable. We went bak-packing a couple of weeks ago and Finn went. He did so well. I made his packs myself and he carried his own food. Night number 2 he climbed into our little 2 person tent with us, but it was cozy. (Man I love this dog!)
The girls are doing well too. One has taken to going in the house sometimes which they never did. I'm still working on figuring out why. Only when we're home and mostly in my sons room...hmm... But they are my babies, I'm sure they're unhappy about something. I just have to figure out what.
As for school, I'm a liberal studies major with a concentration in womans studies. All that means I'm going to nursing school but taking my gen. classes at a smaller campus for less money first! I just finished 6 hours of homework and I can't do any more! The 5 page essay and 4 chapters I have to read will have to wait till tomorrow! (A girls gotta sleep sometime!) I'm glad I decided not to run for student gov.... that would about use up my sleep time.

I'm off to bed... sweet dreams everyone. And if anyone knows what to put on a spot that Finn has chewed raw on his butt, that would rock. Going to the vet on Monday, but if there is something that might make him feel better sooner I'm all for it! Puberty is not being kind to him!!!  LOL

Vicki

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 11:37:39 pm »
Hi Vicki!...Sorry to hear Finn is having problems!...Sammy has a minor skin thing going on too...I've been treating it with anti bacterial soap & Gold Bond Powder...That seems to be working for me...For Finn's sore spot I'd try putting some aloe vera on it or triple antibiotic creme with the painkiller in it or how about Desatin?..It's what is used for diaper rash on skin kids...Good luck & let us know how things go for him Monday!...It really is good to see you! ;D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 12:42:29 pm by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 07:46:41 pm »
free computer???!!! Hook me up!!! Perhaps they should give a computer to every student, then they wouldn't have to have a computer lab staff.... I'll talk to the student gov. about this! :)
I have gold bond powder and I didn't think to use it on him, but I will give it a try. The vet was like "well he's allergic to fleas, so we just need to keep him flea free" Good point, but his skin is hurting now! I had a dream today that he chewed off his own tail...it was creepy!
It's nice to hear I wasn't forgotten (Nicker!!)

Vicki