Author Topic: Hi Everyone Im new  (Read 10835 times)

Offline NewfieLover

• Gnawer
  • *Newfoundland*Lover*
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone Im new
« on: September 08, 2005, 12:40:07 pm »
Hi everyone!         I am so happy i came across this site i have been looking at it for hours. My name is Megan, I'm from Ohio and i own 2 Newfoundlands, a Golden Retriever, and a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. My Newfies are my babys though. My black male is 1yr old and my landseer female will be 1 in November. I am planning to breed them next Spring. My mom got a Newfoundland when i was a little girl so i grew up around one. But unfortunatly Kody(my 1st Newf) passed away early 2004. She lived to be 11 yrs old and she was my baby. I am a animal lover so i got a job at a new pet store in town and the first Newfoundland we got i bought him.  When he came to the store the vet said he was very depressed and no customers were aloud to see him. When i held him i just cried thinking about my first one. A couple days later i bought him and took him home ;D He sat on my lap the whole way home and when i took him inside and sat on the floor with him he started playing ang getting happy! I couldn't think of a name for him and i accidently kept calling him Kody my first one's name so i just named him after her.  He is 1 year old now and i still have problems with him sometimes he likes to jump on me :-\ and he knocks me over evertime.  He loves to play he just doesnt know his own strength!!
   Landie my little girl is my baby! She NEVER barks, she has barked probally twice! She is a very loving dog also. I don't really have a story about her.... I got her from the same place and she came to the store at about 3 months old and she had been very sick with a cold and stuff and i decided to take her home to breed with my male. She would wine at me all day when i was at work to get her out. Lets just say i spoiled her by taking her outside during my breaks ;D      I love to talk to people with Newfies and see pictures!!
*Megan

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Hi Everyone Im new
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 12:46:37 pm »
Welcome NewfieLover! We love Newfies here! hehe..   atleast I do! :)
I love that picture of him being picked up! Amazing strenth there! lol

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 12:52:20 pm »
Hi!  Your newfies are beautiful!  I saw Landie's photo in the PawPrints this morning and was hoping to see more.  She's so cute with her spotted legs!   :)  We have an 8 month old newfie girl, Sasha.  Anyway, welcome!  BPO is a great place!  :)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 12:53:11 pm »
Welcome to BPO. You have to great looking fur-babies.   Please study the health history of both the Sire and Dam before you breed. 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 01:49:00 pm by DixieSugarBear »
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 01:39:55 pm »
Hello Megan & Newfs! Your babies are so cute! I can't wait to see more and hear more about them.
And yes, the pic of the one Newf being picked up is amazing! I am lucky to pick Bear's big booty up!  :D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 01:41:55 pm »
Hi there.  Your puppies are cute. :)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 01:45:49 pm »
You're newfs are gorgeous! Welcome to BPO!

Blair

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 01:55:34 pm »
I love oyur Newfies. Welcome to BPO. Please do research before you breed your babies. There is a lot to breeding, not just having a male and female.

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 01:56:03 pm »
There are some very wonderful knowledgable breeders on her.  Try to soak up as much knowledge as you can from them.  Welcome and by all means post more pictures.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 02:02:29 pm »
Hi! Welcome my name is Megan also! Please do look into breeding before you do breed... are you going to sell the pups to the pet store? Remember that a lot of bad people come into pet stores looking for dogs, my cousin works at a Pet Store in Illinois and she says it drives her crazy sometimes.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline NewfieLover

• Gnawer
  • *Newfoundland*Lover*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 02:25:40 pm »
Hello again! Thank u for all the comment everyone! And about the training, i contacted a lady that lives around here and she is very good and she is helping me out with everything so that way he will be a good dog :) Her training takes place at her house so she takes him for a week :'( But she also is teaching me everything and she said when he comes back he will be able to lay in my backyard with me without a leash. He is a really sweet dog but he just likes to jump and play and considering the fact he weighs more than me he normally wins. I was going to take them to Petsmart, but we dont have one close around here..the closest one is probally 1 hour or so out of the way.
    And about the whole breeding situation.. I'm not positive i am going to do it yet, but i would really like to breed them.  I got them at the pet store i worked at so i got some information, but not much.  Their parents were OFA cert. and my male has champion in his bloodline. I honestly don't know much about breeding but i would love to have lil puppies by them. I did not breed my last female i had because i heard it was dangerous for them to have puppies and that makes me very nervous because if anything happened to them i dont know what i would do! And no i would not sell them to a pet store, because when i worked there people wanted to buy dogs they had no idea anything about and not just anyone can have a newfoundland because they take alot of time and i would hate to have a horrible person have one of my puppies.   At what age should i get them OFA???  Thanks! -Megan

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005, 02:36:20 pm »
Hi Megan,  You will have the OFA's done at 2 years.  There are several great breeders on this site that can tell you what test should be done.  I read and print even one of there post with information about breeding.  I would like to breed my 8 month old Pyr at the age of 2 1/2 - 3 years.  I fell I need a least two year of showing and learning to breed before I make that choice for her.  So for now I am just a daydream breeder.  Dixie Darlin is from the Rivergrove's line of Great Pyreness.  The quality of that kennel in the world of Great Pyrenees is one of the reason I would like to breed.

I love the photos of your babies.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005, 02:44:34 pm »
Hi and welcome to BPO!!

I agree with everyone else.  I thought I knew quite a bit about breeding, and I do (not to toot my own horn), but I've learned so much more on here, especially about the delivery of the pups.  It's alot more work than some think.

I just wanted to say that Gunther turns 1 in Nov, too.  When is your girl's birthdate?  His is the 17th.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 02:51:36 pm »
Hi and welcome..your pups are so cute!!!! you will have a great time here...there are lots of wonderful smart people in this community.
Timmie

Offline NewfieLover

• Gnawer
  • *Newfoundland*Lover*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2005, 02:56:04 pm »
haha yes i have alot to learn but i havent decided its just something i want to do.. (might not be able to do it though) Landie turns 1 Nov 17. Here's a pic of Kod when he was a little baby.