Author Topic: Sony DSC-S60 Digital Camera AND CompUSA  (Read 1409 times)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Sony DSC-S60 Digital Camera AND CompUSA
« on: September 17, 2005, 10:43:07 am »
Well, I purchased this camera from Spokane, WA.  This town is not well-known for customer service.  Even the commissioned sales people don't give a rat's arse whether they make more money or not.

So, the camera stutters a lot and to top it off I found out it takes regular batteries that run out extremely fast.  Not only that, but there is something wrong with it where smears of light appear across the LED screen.

They will not allow me to exchange it for a more expensive camera.  I've had it for more than twenty-one days. 

I think when one purchases something from a good store they can bring it back if it is defective or they would like something better.  I think it's messed up to be stuck with something that doesn't work properly.  That's poor customer service.  Maybe HQ can do something for me.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Sony DSC-S60 Digital Camera AND CompUSA
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 02:48:06 pm »
Bummer!
I buy all my Photo Equipment on E-Bay, usually New York City, haven't been burned yet, and the Cust. Service is great.
Get online with Sony and see what they can do to help you. It may be something real simple, or, it may require you to ship to a Sony Service Center. They will tell you the where's and how to's.
Most camera shops rely on the camera manufacturer to be the follow up resource on problems with a product.
CompUSA is, and always has been, a ripoff.
Staffed by arrogant nerds who speak 'computerise', and always make you feel like you've been talked 'down' to!
Hope this helps.
Hope you registered the camera so you can have an option for warranty services!
Just my 2 cents.
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Sony DSC-S60 Digital Camera AND CompUSA
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 07:12:01 pm »
Well, I purchased this camera from Spokane, WA.  This town is not well-known for customer service.  Even the commissioned sales people don't give a rat's arse whether they make more money or not.

So, the camera stutters a lot and to top it off I found out it takes regular batteries that run out extremely fast.  Not only that, but there is something wrong with it where smears of light appear across the LED screen.

They will not allow me to exchange it for a more expensive camera.  I've had it for more than twenty-one days. 

I think when one purchases something from a good store they can bring it back if it is defective or they would like something better.  I think it's messed up to be stuck with something that doesn't work properly.  That's poor customer service.  Maybe HQ can do something for me.

Stuck at a house with old people I read alot of old people magazines.  One of them, forget what the name is, but I swear it's just about how to complain about stuff!  I'd suggest going to the headquarters, either of Sony or CompUSA.  Write them a letter, call them, e-mail, document everything.  If worse comes to worst, go to Good Housekeeping's website.  They have a section where they contact the manufacturer, and they always get good results! :)

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."