Author Topic: Slow Acceptance  (Read 2603 times)

Offline Tpcorr

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Slow Acceptance
« on: September 09, 2005, 04:43:04 am »
We rescued an 11 week old weim pup named Bree, brought her home on Wednesday.  We also have a 3 year old male weim named Casey.  For most of the first day, Casey wanted nothing to do with Bree.  He would not even stay in the same room with her.  Casey usually spends his nights curled up on the floor on my side of the bed.  He usually goes up to bed at the same time I do.

Well Wednesday night he went up to bed right after dinner, very unusual for him, he is a real velcro dog.  He usually goes downstairs to the living room in the early am and sleeps on his doggy bed till I wake up, but not Wednesday night, he spent all night upstairs.  The big bad pup was downstairs, after all!

So last night we're hanging out in the den, dogs kids, hamster and guinea pig.  Casey is stretched out on his back at my feet getting a belly rub and dozing.  Bree comes over and Casey wants to bolt but I tell him to stay.  So Bree curls up next to Casey, lays her chin on his chest and goes to sleep.

He looked at me, sighed, and went back to sleep.  He did come up to bed with us, but this morning I found him sleeping next to Bree's crate!  Cool!

Tom

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Slow Acceptance
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 05:53:40 am »
Sweet :)
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Astrids mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 06:20:46 am »
That is so cute!! Bree loves her big brother Casey, and now Casey has decided that he must love Bree ;D!!

Offline SwissysRock

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • I love my SWISSY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 06:34:30 am »
OOOOh thats adorable!  Post some pictures of the new best pals!
Tina
:)
Riley's Momma

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 07:55:01 am »
Very Cute!!!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 08:09:19 am »
Willow has been in this household since the end of July...my mojos still are not acknowleding that she is here to stay!!!..lol they are in complete denial

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 08:37:27 am »
Sounds like a pretty normal situation to me!  Hang in there - it'll get better!  That sounds way cute of your 3 year old to accept the puppy so fast! :D

It took Casper about 1 1/2 weeks to figure out that those puppies that keep biting his ankles & ears are not going away.  :)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 10:24:13 am »
Awwwe, that's so cute.

I've boarded dogs at my house before (dont' anymore), and it took Keiko over a month to figure out Gunther was not going to leave.  They do play together, but Keiko will never lay next to Gunther on purpose.  She likes her space.