Author Topic: Great Pyrenees  (Read 5389 times)

Offline Lendy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Great Pyrenees
« on: September 12, 2005, 09:31:06 am »
Hello All
 New to this site.  Would love to have information on raising Pyrenees Puppy.
Help

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Great Pyrenees
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 09:46:35 am »
Hello & welcome to BPO!!...How old is your Pyr pup?....What kind of problems are you having?...My boys are just turned 1 & almost 7 months now....They are a joy!...Please be more specific in what you need help with so we can help you!...I am sure you will get some awesome advise here!...What is your puppers name?...Can we get some pictures? :) Again, I am glad you joined us!...You've come to the right place for help & advise!!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 09:49:10 am »
Also, if you post to the Great Pyrenees forum here, there are some very knowlegable Pyr owners who can help! :)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 10:21:06 am »
Welcome,  I have two Pyrs.  Sugar Bear a 14 month old male pyr. Dixie Darlin is a 8 month old female pry.  We would love to know more about your baby. 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Lendy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 10:34:41 am »
Thank you for your wonderful welcome.  She is just 8 weeks old. Her name is SnowFlake. I have already tought her to sit on command and to fetch her bear.( Stuffed animal my grandaughter gave herA) She is doing really good at going to the bathroom outside.  She will be another inside member of my family.  hehe.  I also have a Alaskan Malamute she weighs around 120lbs.  I love large dogs and they are getting along pretty well. SnowFlake keeps nipping at ShyAnnes tail.  I was wanting to know how soon is it to start leash training?  I want to get her spayed I do not want her to have puppies.  How often should I bath her?  I know my Malamute dosent need baths often. I will send a picture when I figure out how to minimize the size of my pictures.  I tried and it said that the file was too large.  But will post pictures soon. 
Thanks so much

Offline Lendy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 10:36:15 am »
How do I post to the Great Pyrenees?  Sorry but new to this kind of forum. So glad to find this site.

Offline Lendy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 11:12:30 am »
here is my Snowflake

Offline Lendy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 11:16:50 am »
Here is another one of SnowFlake in my front yard. She sure has a mind of her own.  :D

Offline Lendy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 11:18:50 am »
Here is a picture of my three dogs.  One is ShyAnne the Alaskan Malamute! SnowFlake.  The other ones name is Bear. I don't know what mix he is I just addopted him as a puppy..

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 11:42:30 am »
Love your babies.  Snowflake's marking are so nice.  It is so a Pyr thing to have a mind of their own.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline CindiJ

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 12:02:23 pm »
Welcome Lendy... sort of still a newbie here myself... Your baby is gorgeous!!!!  I have  a 4 1/2 month old little girl. The Great Pyrenees forum is awesome on here, they have helped me out alot, just in the short time that I have been a member here.

Here's a picture of my 2 monsters..... enjoy your baby,  ;D

Kiahpyr

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 01:11:45 pm »
Snowflake is so cute!! I have a female pyr named Kiah. She's six months old.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 01:20:12 pm »
How do I post to the Great Pyrenees?  Sorry but new to this kind of forum. So glad to find this site.

I would imagine that you should start leash training soon...As far as baths go, Pyrs are kind of "self cleaning"...lol...They dirt falls off of them pretty well but as long as you are using dog safe products it won't hurt to bathe her...My guys get a good washing every couple of weeks.To post to the Great Pyrenees forum go to the right & click on "Home"...When you get there to the home page look to the left for a list of dog breeds...Scrol l down the Great Pyrenees discussion & it will take you there...Your little girl is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!...I love love love color in Pyrs!...Her face is beautiful!!!