Author Topic: need help with recently adopted newfie Sasha  (Read 15416 times)

Jen

Re: need help with recently adopted newfie Sasha: UPDATE!!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2005, 09:28:11 am »
We went to the vet and the verdict is in"  WORMS!!!  Tape and hook worms!  She was put on the 3 day granuales and doing better already!!! ;D  Oh we are so happy!!!!!  Thanks for all your well wishes!  The breeder finally called (back from nationals) and we talked a long long long time.  She had a reasonable explaination for all of my concerns and she has redeemed herself but I can't say the same for the fertility vet!!!!  I can't post his info because I was told I open myself to possibilty of a law suit!  Well anyway thanks again for all your support! :-*

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: need help with recently adopted newfie Sasha
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2005, 03:24:58 pm »
EWWW! Poor Sasha!  I'm glad so, so glad it will be a quick "fix".  It's good that the breeder redemed herself a bit. No matter what, you may still  need her to be a resource since there's so much that went on before you adopted your baby.  It just aggravates me to no end that people (clinics, and breeders) can be so casual about the long term effects of what they do to these dogs.  GROWLS!!!

Congrats, again on getting her on the mend! :)

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2005, 03:33:50 pm »
Poor Sasha, but I am glad to hear that it is nothing too serious.  She will be good as new in no time. ;)

Jen

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2005, 10:06:36 am »
Thank you all so much.  Since we still didn't see thing firming up so to speak, they vet has added more medicine to her list.  I forget the name of it but it seems to firm her right up.  She hasn't had any indoor accidents since :D  THAT'S BIG PROGRESS IN MY BOOK! ;D