Author Topic: Bunch of random dog related rants  (Read 2918 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Bunch of random dog related rants
« on: September 12, 2005, 10:09:39 am »
OK, like I said Petrock was AMAZING, but there were stupid people there, and I just have to talk about them.  We're not going to get into all the stupid size comments about the boys because you guys already hear them all the time.  :P 

We all know about the people with little nasty dogs that think it's cute.  Well, there was a guy with a German shepherd who was trying to attack one of the Danes.  The guy was laughing about it and egging the dog on.  Idiot.

People who think that training collars (ie Prong, choke) are mean and cruel but haul their dogs around on two legs till they gag on flat collars.

There was a woman with an adorable black puppy.  She was wicked nice and I gave her this site.  Her pup started having problems and the breeder wouldn't have anything to do with her.  She had no one to go to about Dane stuff.  I felt horrible.  She's trying to do everything right and there's no one to help her out.

This guy who came up to us when we were running the agility course started asking us dane questions.  No problem, he asked how I got Nee and I told him.  (Long story short, his litter was rescued from an abusive breeder)  He asked how much I paid, and I explained that I had gotten him for no cost.  "Does she have any left?"  What?  "Are there any free puppies left?"  Ummmm no, this was like a year ago, she had them all homed within the week.  We later saw this guy with ANOTHER Dane owner that had me about ready to "P*** blood out of my eye sockets".  (That's what Matt says when I'm really mad)  The guy had a fawn girl, pretty enough, but a horrid crop, and no chest.  She wasn't breeding quality at all.  Well the dane owner was saying that they paid $800 for her, if they wanted to breed her they would have had to pay $1000.  Well their dog was in HEAT!  So obviously the breeder was very stringent about their contract.  And then when we were walking away the Dane guy was pointing to these two mismark black rescues and saying that the blacks are really rare.  WHAT?!?!?!?!  How about the most common and hardest to adopt out dogs!!!!!!  ARGHHHH

A woman who was walking her foof dog suddenly saw Tenchi, gasped in horror, scooped up her little precious and waddled away as fast as her over worked cankles could take her. 

This one doesn't make me mad as much as Sad.  Moni and I couldn't really get a good pic of it but there was this 7 month old Blue Dane puppy (First one we saw) and they had a horrible horrible case of HOD.  Front ankles swollen to the size of softballs, half way up the leg, back hocks almost touching, feet splayed, it was awful.  I talked to the lady a bit, and I'm GUESSING that she bought this dog from a breeder.  I kept leaving open windows for her to talk about the HOD, but she totally flew by them.  The pups ears were cropped, but not taped.  They were saying that they hoped she'd get as big as Tenchi, and honestly, if I had a puppy in that condition I wouldn't take it to an event like this.  It's sad because #1 this poor puppy was obviously in so much pain, and #2 it was like the owner didn't even notice.  Moni and I took pics but I don't think we got anything that really showed how bad it was. 

And to end on a happy note, I was waiting for Moni at a park before the event, and while walking around talked to several people.  I told them I was looking for a friend with a big white dog, but no one had seen her.  When she did come by she was told that her friend was looking for her and a little boy showed her where I was.  He looked at Tench and Nee for a minute and asked "Is the white one the black one's mom?"

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Bunch of random dog related rants
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 10:21:52 am »
I just feel tired and sad today, and I think I might have to have a cry at my desk about the poor puppy with HOD, so am I not going to share my thoughts on all the stupid people in the world. 

However, I did just want to give a shout-out to your use of the phrase "over worked cankles"...  :)
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 10:48:18 am »
Peggy

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 12:15:33 pm »
Sorry to hear about all the stupid people that were at the event.  They far outnumber us normies.  I wonder why that is?   ???  When will they come up with a vaccine for stupidity?

You have not started my day off well, lets hope there are happier threads around here.  :P

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 02:11:50 pm »
Sorry to depress everyone.  I just needed to vent someohow.  If I didn't I'd iimplode and you'd all feel guilty :P
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 02:13:45 pm »
Don't worry about it.  At least this way I know I'm not the only one that is surrounded my morons.  ;)  ;D  ;D

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 07:28:11 pm »
I am sorry that so many of the people at pet rock annoyed you. I found a couple upsetting myself.

I didn't see the dane puppy that you talked about, but I did see a few dogs who made me sad. One was a big poofy dog that I didn't recognize that had stiches all over his forehead from having a tumor removed. Obviously his owner was taking good care of me, but it still made me so sad to see that. Another that I saw that made me sad had the worst elbow sores I have ever seen. I mean, zoey has little red sores on her elbows, but this dog looked like he had turtle shells on his elbows the sores were so bad.

One Old English Mastiff snapped at Zoey, and then it's owners were suprised when Dan walked away with Zoey and expected me to stick around talk to them. I would have been happy to talk to them, but hello, there dog just tried to bite off my babies face. Luckily that was the only dog who was aggressive towards Zoey.

Then there was a rescue group there with a bunch of little puppies there up for adoption. I asked if I could pet one and the guy was like "Uggh, fine. Just don't pick them up and don't take too long". Excuse me, but how are you going to adopt out puppies when you act annoyed by anyone who shows interest i them.

I think that most of all I was disapointed in the saint bernard people. I was SO excited to see other saints, and then all the other saint owners and saint rescue lady were pretty rude to us. They looked down on zoey just because she wasn't a rescue, and that made me really angry. Especially when zoey is the nicest, most beautiful, and most loved dog ever. I was hoping for kinship with other saint peopel and I was really disappointed.

Other than that, we loved pet rock. Pretty much everyone we met was really nice. We got lots of complements about how nice zoey was, and everyone pet her and let her sniff their dogs. The french bulldog kissing booth people were our favorite because they had a big bowl of ice cold water out (one of only a few that I saw) and they were so nice to us when zoey kept going back to drink it all up (she was a thirsty little lady in the heat). And the pomeranian orphan annie costumes in the adoptable dog parade made me smile :)

RIP former BPO