Author Topic: How much to feed?  (Read 2830 times)

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
How much to feed?
« on: September 12, 2005, 10:46:12 am »
I was wondering how much shouls I be feeding Spotakiss?The bag stops at 120lbs and hes now 150Lbs.I know they dont need as much as when he was a pup but please help.

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: How much to feed?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 02:52:27 pm »
Sorry I have never followed feeding instructions that are on the bags of food. My animals would all be FAT. So im intrested also in other means of measuring methods.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 02:57:39 pm »
also depends on what FOOD you're feeding? how many kcals / cup, how many % protein vs fat vs. etc. ? how much exercise your dog gets,

might wanna mention that too.. for canidae, i believe it's 3 cups a day... and of course, you adjust accordingly based on how chub your dog is..

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 03:06:25 pm »
We quit feeding by the bag because Tonka started getting chubby. I think the bad calls for 4-5 cups per day, but we are doing 3 1/2 per day.  2 in the morning and 1 1/2 at night. She also gets atleast 3 Kongs per day and other treats and get exercised regularly.  We just watch her actions and go according to how much exercise she gets.  Sorry I can't be too much help, but this is what we go by.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 07:37:55 pm »
Jules, what food are you feeding?

How much you need really depends on your brand... We feed zoey 5 cups of wellness a day, but it would be different with another food.
RIP former BPO

Offline Saintly Girl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Maxwell
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 04:44:00 am »
I'm feeding Maxwell Wholesome Blend Canine plus large breed puppy food.  We feed him 6 cups a day.  3 in the am and 3 in the pm.  He's definietely not fat and on the lean side.  He's still got that lanky teenager look.  He's over 1 now and I can't get over the height of him.  He's still growing in height now.  I swear he's over 36" !!!  I thought he would have stopped growing in height by now.  But every time I look at him he's taller!!