Author Topic: Looking for male AKC bullmastiff to buy or for stud service in TX area  (Read 13548 times)

Offline limochick

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
looking for a male to breed with my 2-1/2 yr old female, in the central tx area

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
Re: Looking for male AKC bullmastiff to buy or for stud service in TX area
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 08:36:24 am »
please do the OFA on hips/elbows before breeding any dog

also check the stud for his certs also

we also do thyroid test on all our breeding dogs/bitches
goal

make better dogs
not more
good luck to you and your bull mastiff
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 09:23:43 am »
No offense, limochick, but I'm not sure this board is really the place to find a mate for your bitch... we are a humble forum of dog lovers sharing information on our loving companions and how to keep them healthy and happy.
 :)

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 09:59:45 am »
kind of strange
why dosent limochick call the breeder to see where there is a male that will compliment the bitch to improve on the pups. that IS what it's all about.
i still am concernd about the OFA on breeding
i am so tired of hearing "it has papers"
any one who buys a puppy mill puppy gets akc papers"'. after reading all the bad hips/health problems in BPO, WE HAVE TO ENLIGHTEN PEOPLE THAT BREED DOGS TO DO all TESTS AND EXRAYS BEFORE BREEDING, ALSO CHECK THE PEDIGREES FOR THE CERTS. TOO!

Breeding is to make better dogs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT MORE!
lets see our champions, in our hearts, be champions in thier health too!
if i am sounding a bit pffft, i am sorry
it's just the way i am, i hate seeing so many unwanted animals, given up, because of bad health, and the buyers did not do the reserch on the breed and pedigree before buying a puppy. i see oh  this pup was 500 dollars less then the other "breeder's" pups,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i wonder why?
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 10:11:12 am »

i am so tired of hearing "it has papers"

Here here!!!!!...An aquaintence called me in tears because the mini chihuahua she bought for far too much in a pet shop has diabetes & assorted other problems :o...She cried over & over "But he's akc registered" when I tried to explain just what went wrong with the pup...She totally didn't want to hear the facts because she was too busy being shocked that an akc registered dog might have health problems...Fin ally I expressed my sypathies & excuse myself from the call...So the akc knows your dog exists ::)...that's fabulous!...God that was irritating! >:(

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 10:22:14 am »
If you were qualified to be breeding animals you would know the answer to that question. Since you are asking here, on BPO, you have no clue to what breeding is, and shoudn't be attempting it.

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 10:30:04 am »
If you were qualified to be breeding animals you would know the answer to that question. Since you are asking here, on BPO, you have no clue to what breeding is, and shoudn't be attempting it.

I think that's a fair assumption.

ann

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 12:01:21 pm »

i too am sick of people breeding any dog..but thier was a time i did not know there was so much to breeding either i think its important to try to educate people...i have never bred any dog but about 15 years ago i considered it with my yorkies thank god it did not happen but i would have responed alot better to someone who gave me good advice and not slam...limochi ck you need to do alot of research and call your local kennel club they would be very happy to help you out....

good luck  ann

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 12:16:21 pm »
I did a simple google search for 'bullmastiff breeders' and found these sites for you.

http://breeders.bullmastiffinfo.org/northamerica/unitedstates/unitedstates.htm

http://www.cyberpet.com/dogs/bullmastiff.htm

http://dir.yahoo.com/Business_and_Economy/Shopping_and_Services/Animals/Dogs/Breeders/Bullmastiffs/

http://www.puppydogweb.com/breeders/bullmastiff.htm

http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/dogs/breeders/1100058/

I don't support any of the above sites, I just copied and pasted for you.  Try to hook up with a Bullmastiff breeder who has years of experience, learn what you can, do what you should and then re evaluate if you want to breed.

Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 12:39:02 pm »

Bullmastiffs are difficult to breed.

One reason I never got into this breed, as I researched it in the mid 90s.

They are lovely dogs, but MOST bitches will have primary uterine intertia and require C sections for whelping.

Most breeders schedule sections as a matter of course.

Plan on an extra $1,000 to $2,000 per breeding, depending on your location.

PIU means that labor never starts. You will see no signs except for an overdue bitch and a putrid discharge. The puppies will separate from their placentas, die in utero, and decay. Labor will NEVER start. The bitch will die if the dead puppies and uterus are not removed.

Breedings and whelping date calculations must be done carefully. Puppies are not really viable much before the 55th or 56th day of gestation.

Here is a link to the Bullmastiff Association of America. More good info for you there.

http://clubs.akc.org/aba/index.html
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 01:00:04 pm »

i too am sick of people breeding any dog..but thier was a time i did not know there was so much to breeding either i think its important to try to educate people...i have never bred any dog but about 15 years ago i considered it with my yorkies thank god it did not happen but i would have responed alot better to someone who gave me good advice and not slam...limochi ck you need to do alot of research and call your local kennel club they would be very happy to help you out....

good luck  ann
I just spoke with Ann & she is right about this...I am guilty of not offering any good advise & I am truely sorry for that...I was lucky enough to have serious dog people in my life before I got dogs...Some people don't & really don't know...Not saying that the origional poster in ths thread doesn't because there isn't alot of info. to go by...This is a subject that most of us feel passionately about & it is easy to get our hackles up...Ann had a good idea & that is we should include a responsible breeding forum or just a place you can click to go for info. on responsible breeding...I am going to pm Bear & Jaba about this....Perhap s some of our responsible breeders here at BPO could help out. :)