Author Topic: Cool Website with FREE download  (Read 2924 times)

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Cool Website with FREE download
« on: September 13, 2005, 12:45:44 pm »
My friend Randy, (Shermans Mom), turned me on to this.
www.earth.goog le.com
There is a free download on the homepage that will enable you to go anywhere in the world.
I looked at the house I grew up in, the various places I've lived, and favorite places I've played.
It is so COOL!!!
Check it out!
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: Cool Website with FREE download
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 01:04:37 pm »
Do me a favor and look at 4646 Painters St. in New Orleans and tell me if it looks OK post-Katrina. That's my sister's house and we haven't been able to determine if it's OK or not and we can't get back in there yet. I can't download that program at work.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 01:44:56 pm »
I found me, my work, my new work, my old house, and any other point of interest i could think of.  I don't think the pictures are recent, are they?
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 01:45:48 pm »
Sorry, Jeanne.
The satelite images are not in 'real time'.
It is a compilation of images taken over a long period of time.
You could probably find what you want on the NOAA webpage,
or Google, New Orleans Today, there may be something there that will help you.
John

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 01:49:45 pm »
Try maps.google.co m. Click the satelite version. It's not real time, but you can find anything. You can even look at the moon. Zoom in on it. It's cool!

Blair

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 01:53:33 pm »
Do me a favor and look at 4646 Painters St. in New Orleans and tell me if it looks OK post-Katrina. That's my sister's house and we haven't been able to determine if it's OK or not and we can't get back in there yet. I can't download that program at work.

Jeanne

This is the closest I could get of it. All you have to do is type in the address and it brings it up. Its not a close view but its a view of after Katrine...let me know if it works

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=New+Orleans&t=e

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 03:48:18 pm »
I'm not familiar enough with her neighborhood to pick out her street, but it's certainly cool. I'll try NOAA... Thanks for trying.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 03:52:27 pm »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”