Author Topic: Thank you, Red!!  (Read 1953 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Thank you, Red!!
« on: September 13, 2005, 12:54:15 pm »
I have just read all your postings on puppy training and I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to give good, concrete "do's and don'ts" of teaching a puppy how to be a good citizen and member of the family.  I only wish I could tatoo those instructions on the inside of my forearm so I could have immediate access.  Chester has been a breeze to train, but I'm going out this minute to reinforce the immediate "come".  I was consistent in the first few weeks but have slacked off because he seems to "get it".  But you are so right about it being a command that could save his life.   SO, must sign off to get outside with him, but again,

THANK YOU!!!!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Thank you, Red!!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 01:29:13 pm »
I agree whole heartedly Newflvr! Red is such an awesome person and gives great advice to all here on BPO. Thank you too Red!  ;D And, we have been working on the "come" comand too and are doing much better at it.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 01:50:41 pm »

I am a FIRM believer that good easy to understand information for puppy buyers saves untold numbers of lives.

So very many puppies are relegated to being tied outside at best, or dumped at a kill shelter at least when owners are unable to teach their puppy how to live in your human world.

:D
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 03:06:02 pm »
You are so right!  But I also think people need to research all the info. they can before they pick a breed.  So many people fall in love with the puppy only to find the adult dog has traits that they can't live with!  Start with the right dog for your life style and then do all the training that you can, spend as much time as possible with him and include him every activity that you can.  THEN you have a happy dog and happy family!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 09:11:25 pm »
I agree whole heartedly Newflvr! Red is such an awesome person and gives great advice to all here on BPO. Thank you too Red! 
Ty Red for sticking around! :)