Author Topic: Need info on Canadian pharmacy PLEASE  (Read 12292 times)

Offline Liberty

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Need info on Canadian pharmacy PLEASE
« on: April 18, 2005, 03:55:44 pm »
Liberty, on top of being epileptic has just been diagnosed with Addisons Disease. I need to find a pharmacy in Canada(because they are much cheaper) for her meds for this disease. I will continue to purchase her seizure meds from here because they are working fine and I don't want to mess up a good thing. As I understand it, these new meds will be $75.00 a month from the U.S. and about $25.00 a month from Canada. We are already paying $80.00 a month for her seizure meds.
Any info would be great!
Thanks
Roxy
Saint/Newf mix

Offline Wildlonewolf

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Lucy Sue!!
    • View Profile
    • Windsor Cheapcycle
Re: Need info on Canadian pharmacy PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 09:04:20 pm »
I do not know if this would be helpful, this is a human drugstore. Here's the link. www.shoppersdr ugmart.ca It's a large reputable chain. Good Luck!
Renee & Lucy

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 09:00:03 am »
I, too, have a dog with epilepsy.  What meds is yours on?  We are still trying to get better control of his seizures and are on a combination of pheno, potassium bromide and gabapentin.  We're in the process of getting him off pheno since it makes him so unsteady and tired and raising his bromide levels. I completely understand about the meds cost!  I'm looking to trying to find another source for the gabapentin!!!  Would you let me know how the Canadian pharmacy works out?

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 04:25:12 pm »
Just checked and the #1 drugstore in Canada is at www.canadaphar macy.com and they have both human drugs and everything for pets...includi ng Frontline,  Cosequin, etc.  My breeder checked it out as well and was amazed.  I'll save $100/month on just one of my boy's anti-seizure drugs ....WOW!!! :o

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 09:03:14 am »
I have finally managed to get one of Cowboy's anti-seizure drugs from the www.canadaphar macy.com.  Boy, it was worth it but it's a pain!  His gabapentin is $285 from our local pharmacy, $183 from Sam's Club pharmacy and $81 from the  Canadian phamacy!  BUT you have to allow enough time for shipping and getting the prescription there....they suggest a month lead-time!  For two hundred bucks, I'll plan ahead!!!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 09:08:10 am »
newflover.
Would it be faster if you sent the Rx to someone in Canada and had them ship to you?? Were is it sold?? Which pharmacy?? Im in Ontario so if I can help just let me know K.
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 09:15:50 am »
You ladies should trade meds for Natures Miracle... :D LOL  What a great idea Coonie, that's so nice of you to help out!  I hope the meds help newflover.  I don't know what I would do if I saw Leo have a seizure :-[  How old was he when you found out? 

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 12:30:32 pm »
I have no idea where the physical location is but the web site is    www.canadaphar macy.com

You are so dear to offer, but since I have to refill this every month, it would be too much of an imposition.  The neurologist who works with us is still working on the dosages since poor Cowboy is SOOO drugged.  Hopefully we'll get to drop something soon!

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 01:54:43 pm »
Ok but dont be shy to let me know if you need me to get you something.  8)I would love to help out.
Karen
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 03:14:47 pm »
You are the best!  That's why I love this site!!! Everybody is so supportive of each other!!!

Thanks