Author Topic: Tonight I am finally able to do this...In memory of Arwen...a good dog.  (Read 3709 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Let us not forget an angel in fluff...Who made it where she was supposed to be but not where we tried to take her...A Pyr to the end...Fullfill ed her obligations& went on even as we called her back...Our calls of "come" fell on "deaf" Pyr ears & she expanded her territory until she romped in fields of eternal green...The call of "Arwen come" in sweet ancient voice drown out our cries & she went on to her home & master...A good dog always answers her Master's request...Reme mber Arwen as a good & obedient dog....I shall always miss her....And in saying that.
Where To Bury A Dog
There are various places within which a dog may be buried. We are thinking now of a setter, whose coat was flame in the sunshine, and who, so far as we are aware, never entertained a mean or an unworthy thought. This setter is buried beneath a cherry tree, under four feet of garden loam, and at its proper season the cherry strews petals on the green lawn of his grave. Beneath a cherry tree, or an apple, or any flowering shrub of the garden, is an excellent place to bury a good dog. Beneath such trees, such shrubs, he slept in the drowsy summer, or gnawed at a flavorous bone, or lifted head to challenge some strange intruder. These are good places, in life or in death. Yet it is a small matter, and it touches sentiment more than anything else.

For if the dog be well remembered, if sometimes he leaps through your dreams actual as in life, eyes kindling, questing, asking, laughing, begging, it matters not at all where that dog sleeps at long and at last. On a hill where the wind is unrebuked and the trees are roaring, or beside a stream he knew in puppyhood, or somewhere in the flatness of a pasture land, where most exhilarating cattle graze. It is all one to the dog, and all one to you, and nothing is gained, and nothing lost -- if memory lives. But there is one best place to bury a dog. One place that is best of all.

If you bury him in this spot, the secret of which you must already have, he will come to you when you call -- come to you over the grim, dim frontiers of death, and down the well-remembered path, and to your side again. And though you call a dozen living dogs to heel they should not growl at him, nor resent his coming, for he is yours and he belongs there.

People may scoff at you, who see no lightest blade of grass bent by his footfall, who hear no whimper pitched too fine for mere audition, people who may never really have had a dog. Smile at them then, for you shall know something that is hidden from them, and which is well worth the knowing.

The one best place to bury a good dog is in the heart of his master.

by Ben Hur Lampman

« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 11:49:39 pm by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight I am finally able to do this...In memory of Arwen...a good dog.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 12:26:38 am »
Bless you Arwen!
Godspeed to the Bridge!
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 02:51:25 am »
That is beautiful....
And she is so very beautiful
Have a safe journey to the bridge Arwen
Timmie, Willow, Irie, and Gunner

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 07:06:21 am »
That is beautiful, just like Arwen.  :'( you are missed by so many little girl.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 07:09:48 am »
Beautiful. Forever in everyones heart precious Arwen.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 07:24:19 am »
Thanks guys!...I've been needing to get her her place here at BPO's Rainbow Bridge but it has been too difficult until last night though I must admit that I sobbed like a baby as I typed...Arwen has her spot at The Bridge & I know she waits for me...I will be happy to see her one day. :)

smohr

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 08:32:32 am »
 :'(  She looks SO loved.  What an angel face Arwen is; she is running with all our faithful and loving forever friends and waiting...

Kiahpyr

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 04:19:29 pm »
Arwen I feel like I know you even though we've never met. I've read your story and know you had a great life, although it was short. Your smile is intoxicating! You bring much joy to those on the rainbow bridge. You'll be forever remembered.