Author Topic: New Harry Potter Trailer  (Read 6399 times)

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
Re: New Harry Potter Trailer
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 09:47:26 am »
It's obvious Regulus Black, Sirius' brother, wrote the note. He used to be a deatheater and "disappeared", assumed dead, after he went against Voldemort's wishes once. I think he may turn up in the last book. J.K. has all but said RAB is Regulus Black.

My teeth hurt when I think I have to wait 2 YEARS for the final book.

I think Voldemort is truly dead, but he will have more of a role to play - there are the portraits in the headmaster's office, you know. He's got to show up there to help out a little bit.

Didn't you love all the "snogging" in HBP?? Although, I did think the ending of the book between Harry and GInny was a little too much like Spiderman (Peter Parker & Mary Jane)

I totally agree - except that Albus Dumbledore is the one who died....Harry has to find the other horcruxes and destroy them to finish off Voldy! :)  And...yes, Dumbledore was snoring in his portrait in the headmaster's office - oops - 'scuse me - headmistress's office.... I'm sure he'll figure out a way to add his 2 cents to whatever happens!   :)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2005, 11:06:46 am »
OOOOOH THERE'S A SECOND INTERNATIONAL TRAILER OUT!!!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4659

scroll down to International Trailer 2.  Its not a great quality and is similar to the other, but has extra stuff tossed in as well.  :)
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2005, 11:26:20 am »
So, do you guys think that Snape really is evil given that he has now "killed" Dumbledore?  (My jury is out on whether or not Dumbledore is actually dead, though I fear that he is)....

I still think not.  I still think that Snape is good, and think either that Snape and Dumbledore have some plan worked out, or that Dumbledore sacrificed himself so that Snape would not reveal himself as a traitor to the Death Eaters.  There was something about the wording of what Dumbledore said right at the end that almost sounded as though he was asking Snape to kill him - either to set their plan into motion, or to maintain his cover, or something....
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2005, 11:52:39 am »
I...

I think Voldemort [you mean Dumbledore] is truly dead, but he will have more of a role to play - there are the portraits in the headmaster's office, you know. He's got to show up there to help out a little bit.[His pictures is already there]

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2005, 11:57:58 am »
So, do you guys think that Snape really is evil given that he has now "killed" Dumbledore?  (My jury is out on whether or not Dumbledore is actually dead, though I fear that he is)....

I still think not.  I still think that Snape is good, and think either that Snape and Dumbledore have some plan worked out, or that Dumbledore sacrificed himself so that Snape would not reveal himself as a traitor to the Death Eaters.  There was something about the wording of what Dumbledore said right at the end that almost sounded as though he was asking Snape to kill him - either to set their plan into motion, or to maintain his cover, or something....
I think Snape is agent for good. Only by killing Dumbledore can he gain Lord V's trust enough to get close to kill him.

I'm afraid Harry is the last horcrux, and will have to die to finish off V.

Also, I don't think Sirrius is dead, he just fell through the door to someplace else.

But, what do I know, I'm not a Harry Potter geek!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2005, 01:59:35 pm »
Well, since I have't read any of the books, and only seen the movies, I'm lost as to what most of you are talking about.

But I can say I hope Snape is good.  I love the actor that plays him (ever since seeing him in the original Die Hard) and I hate for him to get typecast as always playing the bad guy. (also in Robin Hood)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2005, 03:06:41 pm »
I think that RAB is deffinately regilus black. I think that he is probably dead (I am sure the order of the pheonix would know if he wasn't), and that he either destroyed the harcrux before he died or that it is going to turn up at the Black household, which Harry now owns.

I am torn over the issue of Dumbledore, but I think he may be alive. The portrait is the one thing that makes me think he may actually be dead (but even if he is dead I am sure that he will still be involved through his portrait in the last book). He has told both Harry and Voldemorte multiple times that ther are much worse faits than death and I don't think that he feared death. I think that he and Snape had a deal and that he told Snape to kill him to prove his loyalty to voldemorte eventhough he was truly loyal to dumbledore. Dumbledore is the wisest wizard ever and I think he would have seen through snape if snape was  really still evil.

I dont think that Harry is the last horcrux. For one, voldemorte made horcruxes on purpose - you have to say a spell and whatnot - and I don't think he would have made Harry one when he thought harry was going to die. And the horcrux has to be destroyed for voldemorte to die so is harry was the horcrux he would have to die.  And I refuse to think that voldemorte is going to win in the end. If harry didn't succeed in the end that would be counterdictory to everything the series has taught children about right and wrong so far and I don't think that rowling is going to do that.,
RIP former BPO

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2005, 05:19:30 pm »
I think that RAB is deffinately regilus black. I think that he is probably dead (I am sure the order of the pheonix would know if he wasn't), and that he either destroyed the harcrux before he died or that it is going to turn up at the Black household, which Harry now owns...
Regulas is dead, and Harry is the Master of the Black household, because Kreacher did as Harry commanded him to. If RAB was alive, Kreacher would not have had to obey him.

Also, a locket that wouldn't open was found among the stuff Kreacher was hiding, or hoarding, at the Black house in book 5.

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2005, 10:36:40 pm »
They did find a locket that no one could open during the summer cleaning....bu t I thought it was on the shelves in the living room....Kreach er did have silver trinkets & pictures (Rowling doesn't specify that the locket was among them) that were found when Hermione put a quilt where he sleeps for Christmas.  In the note in the fake locket - it says ""intend to destroy it"....I sure hope he did destroy it!!!

Regulus is dead...yes...b ecause Kreacher had to obey Harry as head of the Black household - you're right on there Pup Daddy!

Snape......I think Dumbledore extracted an unbreakable vow from him to help the Order of the Phoenix & protect Harry....Snape could've easily killed Harry many times during the years at Hogwarts and during the run from Hogwarts with Malfoy.....he didn't.