Poll

Where does your dog sleep?

In my bed
In his/her dog bed
In his/her crate
On the floor
Outside

Author Topic: Sleeping Arrangments  (Read 4071 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Sleeping Arrangments
« on: April 18, 2005, 09:06:33 pm »
I never thought I'd be a person who would do anything (and I do mean anything) for her pet but alas, here I am...a devoted and loving Newf mommy. I have come to the conclusion that Bear gets whatever he wants and I mean looking at that smooshy, kissy face and pouty eyes who could resist right?  ;D Well, in the spirit of giving in, we let Bear go from his bed to our bed as he wishes. And even now at 155 lbs. he starts each night out by sleeping at the end of our bed, then goes to the floor, retreats to the couch, and finally ends up in the entry way on the cold tile. It is funny because he prefers everywhere but his own bed...go figure huh?
So whre do your fur babies sleep?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
Re: Sleeping Arrangments
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 09:36:37 pm »
We have 3 fur babies. Finn, our IW and Sakwa and Tali 2 little 30 lb girls we adopted from the shelter. (we think they are a sheltie mix). Where they sleep had changed a few times since we got them. Finn sleeps on his bed on the floor in our room. It starts off in the corner and he drags it to the foot of our bed every night. He has only been on the bed twice. Getting up there seems to be more work than he feels is worth it!
Sakwa and Tali (cherokee names meaning One and Two) started out sleeping in our bed. Great cuddlers! Then Sakwa took to sleeping on the couch, but she had too many pee accidents on the floor at night, so we started making her come to our room, cause they've never had a accident there. So now she sleeps in our bed, over the blankets, between my legs. Tali gets on the bed to cuddle for a minute and say good night, then she goes to sleep on the dirty laundry pile in the closet!
During the day they both nap in our bed several times and Finn hangs out on the couch for his naps. All 3 love to cuddle at nap time and it's not unusual for my husband to come home and find me wrapped in a blanket on the couch with 3 sleeping dogs!

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 11:52:10 pm »
Earnest, my Great Dane/Lab mix, eats dog beds. My solution was to buy him (at the thrift store) a toddler bed, and put it in my bedroom.  That's his bed, and he often sleeps in it at night.  If it's cold, or he wants company, he'll come stand by my bed and breathe in my ear until I tell him ok, and make room for him. During the day he spends most of his time on "his" couch, I have a big 9 footer that he, my son, and I can all fit on.
Phyfe, our Mastiff/Saint Bernard mix, prefers the floor when he's upstairs, and he has his own futon downstairs in my son's basement bedroom.

Offline BOBI

• Gnawer
  • I'M NOT YOUNG ENOUGH TO KNOW EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 05:39:41 pm »
my husband has apnia and sleeps downstairs on the main floor, and the dogs sleep with me , i the bed. actually, dae has his own room across the hall with kennel, but spends more time with me in my room. and fran, well, fran is wherever i am.literally.a nd the two legged kid is also across the hall.
when we are all in the living room though, the couch is the dogs. the other chairs are the peoples.
and we have a plastic toddler bed also that the dogs lounge on on the front porch as well as a canvas dog bed for large dogs.
LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT, SHOUTING....    "HOLY CRAP, WHAT A RIDE..."

Offline poofynewfy

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 08:52:07 pm »
All I can say is anything I sit on is fair game for the 4 legged family members.