Author Topic: Mini Rott  (Read 19010 times)

Offline rottiesNpugs

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
    • photos of my dogs & friends
Re: Mini Rott
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 04:54:13 am »
I'm not sure where Rocky falls in all of this lol we just had him in to the vet about 2 wks ago & he weighed in at 115 at nearly 2 yrs old. he stands about 26 in tall. to me he's just right...he's just my bubba lol
Your honor student is just a pawn in my pugs diabolical plot for world domination!

Offline charlotte5050

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2005, 11:18:23 pm »
I just measured Loki....At 15 months old, she is 22' at the shoulder and weighs 76 lbs.  She is ALL muscle.  I'm sure she has more growing to do.  Right now, she is in her "thin" stage.  She gets thin right before she goes through another growth spurt!  There was once it really worried me.  I even gave her heavy duty wormer! She probably needed the wormer anyway.  But right after that, she grew like crazy!
Charlotte

Offline RottiMommyAL

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2005, 05:58:34 am »
My AKC papered male that is European bred is bigger then the average American sized Rott.  At 3 years old and 152#, he is not over weight.  We keep him in perfect condition.  The American Rott has a smaller head and a more compact body where the European Rotts have bigger heads and chests. 
Also, your dog may be mixed with another smaller breed.  My SIL's new beau has a 'mini Rottie' and she is mixed with some other smaller breed.
Change your pets life.  Feed RAW!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2005, 05:21:22 pm »
My AKC papered male that is European bred is bigger then the average American sized Rott.  At 3 years old and 152#, he is not over weight.  We keep him in perfect condition.  The American Rott has a smaller head and a more compact body where the European Rotts have bigger heads and chests. 
Also, your dog may be mixed with another smaller breed.  My SIL's new beau has a 'mini Rottie' and she is mixed with some other smaller breed.

I think the European rotts do tend to be stockier, more robust and muscular; however my Greta is tall and lanky and she is of Nederlands stock. Betti is a German rott and quite small - most definitely NOT mixed with any other dog. These are some cute dogs from her breeder...take a look:

http://www.4rottweilers.com/gallery.asp

Her mother is Farah and father is Drive. They were both bigger than her. She was the runtus puntus. She is a rescue - I did not purchase her.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline rutylr

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2005, 08:29:18 pm »
Dogs are bigger and smaller because of genitc's not where they were born.
Daphney is on the smaller side 23 and about 80lbs soaking wet.
She gave birth to Elwood who is 26 and over 100lbs at 1 year of age.
I have knowest the opposte.The Americans breed them bigger as they just breed for looks and the Germans are breeding them a bit smaller as their dogs actually get working titles.
Donna

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005, 02:46:44 am »
Dogs are bigger and smaller because of genitc's not where they were born.
Daphney is on the smaller side 23 and about 80lbs soaking wet.
She gave birth to Elwood who is 26 and over 100lbs at 1 year of age.
I have knowest the opposte.The Americans breed them bigger as they just breed for looks and the Germans are breeding them a bit smaller as their dogs actually get working titles.
Donna

So true Donna. From what I've seen the European rotts tend to be shorter and stockier, while the American bred tend to be taller. That's just what I've seen with my own eyes. As far as the stats...I don't know. I agree with you.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2006, 02:13:16 pm »
Grace and Lady averaged about 10 pounds a month.  So at 4 months they were about 40 pounds.  They're starting to even out though.  Lady is big...26 or 27 inches and 95 pounds.  Grace is about 24 inches and I'm guessing (till we get her weighed again) 80 or 85 with about 3 months left in her growing up stages.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2006, 02:22:48 pm »
Grace and Lady averaged about 10 pounds a month.  So at 4 months they were about 40 pounds.  They're starting to even out though.  Lady is big...26 or 27 inches and 95 pounds.  Grace is about 24 inches and I'm guessing (till we get her weighed again) 80 or 85 with about 3 months left in her growing up stages.

Lady looks so huge in photos. Yet, she is about Greta's size. I'd have to measure Greta again, but I think she is 26 inches and weighs between 85 - 90 lbs. Sometimes 90 lbs. is when she is tubby. She pretty tall, though...kinda lanky.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2006, 02:28:01 pm »
Lady is one big girl to see her in person (in dog I suppose) She's big for a female....but she's stalky and stout.   People think she's one formidable looking dog though.  She's long and hefty.  Grace is more compact.

Offline Lorena

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2006, 07:14:08 pm »
Hi Everybody!
I've been dissapeared for a long time! So much work is driving me crazy....
Talking about Mini Rotties, I've replied many months ago to this post, but now I'm wondering if Sasha is actually a mini rott...She's about 23 inches tall and she used to weight about 75, but she is down to 70 and she stayed like that for many months..actual ly she's stayed like that after the 2nd period...Is that bad?..is it ok that I worry too much? or there's nothing to worry about it? I mean if it is a sign of something else?
I need your opinions..
Thanks!
~Lorena~

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2006, 11:37:14 am »
Honestly, from what I am aware of, there isn't really a mini rott. Betti is about the same size as your pup and I don't consider her to be a mini rott. She's shorter and compact, yes, compared to many rotties I see in public, but she is very well formed and cute as a bug. I am aware that she was the runt and both of her parents are a bit bigger than her, but they are larger structurally and not necessarily height-wise. I wouldn't worry one bit about your girl. In fact, it may be better that she is not tall and gangly because it may be beneficial to her joints to support less weight on a stouter frame. Betti is extremely structurally sound.

Offline Magnus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2006, 01:40:24 pm »
I have a beautiful little female, Julie, who will be 2 next month.  She is only 80 pounds and mabey 20 inches.  A great dog and as soon as I get my pics loaded (i am a newbie) you'll agree.  People still say "what a big dog".  My Neeko who I lost last May, was about 35 inches and 160.   So I have had 2 rotties on each end of the spectrum, both wonderful dogs.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 02:38:57 pm by Magnus »
StanLee- American Mastiff
Julie- Rottie
Steve- Pug/Jack Russel
Neeko- My old rottie friend waiting at the bridge

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2006, 01:47:18 pm »
I have a beautiful little female, Julie, who will be 2 next month.  She is only 80 pounds and mabey 20 inches.  A great dog and as soon as I get my pics loaded (i am a newbie) you'll agree.  People still say "what a big dog".  My Neeko who I lost last May, was about 35 inches and 160.   So I have had 2 rotties on each end of the spectrum, both wonderful dogs.
I agree.  No matter the size they are great dog.  I can't wait to see pictures.

doggylover

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2006, 12:10:01 am »
Mini rott= healthy rott! We love our Badger doggy, but at 135 pounds, he has had to have TPLO surgery on his rear right leg ($3000.00)and it was traumatizing for the poor thing.  It was a major surgery and I am sure that if he wasn't so tall/big, he wouldn't have had that problem.  I like to see rottys that are stocky and lean and look hard to tip over! 
Give her an extra hug for being little and adorable!
Ronda 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2006, 10:30:16 am »
It is healthier for them to be small.  I worry that Lady will have issues when she gets older her being so big.  Grace was bred just right...for size (not too big...not too little).