Author Topic: correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks cruel...  (Read 40324 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks cruel...
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2005, 07:24:00 pm »
I would never and have never allowed my children to ride my dogs.   

However when thinking of the weight factor these dogs are carrying a dog who earns a backpack/hiking patch has to carry 30% of their own body weight. For a full grown Dane that could be 46 lbs a Saint or Mastiff far more.

The thing is though, backpacks are made with weight distrobution in mind.  They even tell you how to pack the bags.  Kids aren't evenly distributed :P
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2005, 07:27:12 pm »
Hey the site says if your worried about the weight being even have the child ride the dog like a jockey.... ::)

Wonder how many bites have came from this site??

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2005, 07:30:21 pm »
Hey the site says if your worried about the weight being even have the child ride the dog like a jockey.... ::)

I saw that too.  I don't know any jockeys that ride laying flat on their horses though...  ;)

And in regards to the bites, just look at how miserable at least 80% of those dogs are. :'(
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2005, 07:35:37 pm »

I saw that too.  I don't know any jockeys that ride laying flat on their horses though...  ;)

And in regards to the bites, just look at how miserable at least 80% of those dogs are. :'(

LOL I did wonder what kind of jockey they were speaking of.

Blair

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2005, 07:43:07 pm »
 >:(  That is just an awful site!!!

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2005, 08:08:58 pm »
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am apalled that you think riding a dog is 'cute' in any way, fashion, or form.
It stresses the dogs, physically, mentally, and behaviorally.
Sorry BPO people, but I don't find anything about this site to be amusimg.
It degrades the work that we put into our animals to make them acceptable to the people who wish to pass laws against our 'Big Dogs"!
How to Ride  a Dog is an ignorant statement, by an ignorant individual.
That's my Rant!
John
« Last Edit: September 17, 2005, 09:38:52 pm by jabear »
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2005, 01:58:17 pm »
Here' all the last post including my own...Lets spread this around to other pet groups!Personal_FullN ame:

guestbook
you a**wipe!! inform people of the damage that can be done to the animals were they meant to be rode

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal_FullN ame: D

guestbook
Peopel need to be made aware that riding dogs is very bad for a dogs spine and hips.Dogs were not bred to be "beasts of burden". If someone wants to ride something get a toy horse or buy a real horse or pony or go to someones house to borrow one for the ride. Don't damage a dogs spine or dislocate it's hips and cause it pain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal_FullN ame: swimmindude

guestbook
whoever wrote these last two messages should stop now. if you dont like it thats fine now bud out.

Personal_FullN ame: Patty

guestbook
If you want to ride.... buy a horse!!!!!!!!

Personal_FullN ame: Dog Lover

guestbook
WHAT is wrong with you people? Do you have any idea the damage you can do to a dog by riding it? This is the most ignorant thing I have ever seen, anyone considering doing this should be ashamed of themselves.

Personal_FullN ame: Trena-madhouse7207@sbcglobal.net

guestbook
Hey "swimmindude" I find it amazing that you would ask people to "butt" out when the actually the ASPCA should be noyified about this. This is inhumane and cruelty to animals and ALL people should be in this. To prevent people like you and this idiot who started this web sight to be stopped!!!! I also find it amazing how all the negative feedback this web sight has gotten has been deleted!!!! I will personally checking into this with your local ASPCA.

Personal_FullN ame: Trena-madhouse7207@sbcglobal.net

guestbook
TO REPORT SUSPECTED ANIMAL CRUELTY PLEASE CALL: (617) 522-6008 or (800) 628-5808 The MSPCA Law Enforcement Department encourages individuals to contact us to request an investigation of animal abuse. In fact, without the assistance of the public, our mission to prevent cruelty to animals, help those animals in need, and prosecute offenders would be nearly impossible.

Personal_FullN ame: ASPCA

guestbook
If anyone would care to voice their concern directly to this website's owner, here you go:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal_FullN ame: Michelle Kay

guestbook
The practice of dog riding is harmful to the dog both to it's physical health & to his/her mental well being...becuas e of these two facts it is just asking for a dog to bite that might not otherwise...I urge you to stop encouraging this ignorance
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 10:14:37 pm by jabear »

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2005, 03:06:23 pm »
Yeah!
I just posted to the guest book with my opinion and a slam to 'swimmindude', I do so hope I get a response!
I love a righteous fight!
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2005, 03:34:36 pm »
And I just sent an e-mail to Southen Rock Kennels asking them to abandon the link to this website.
Sometimes an 'old dawg' just needs a good fight to make the juices flow again!
John

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2005, 03:37:39 pm »
And I just sent an e-mail to Southen Rock Kennels asking them to abandon the link to this website.
Sometimes an 'old dawg' just needs a good fight to make the juices flow again!
John
Go get 'em John!!....Somedays I live for a good "fight" too!...Keeps my life a little more interesting! ;D

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2005, 03:42:08 pm »
Thanks Gyps,
Let's Howl at the Moon together!
WooooHoooo

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2005, 03:59:12 pm »
My addition:  Since you deleted my first message, I'll try again. Dogs are not a circus sideshow for your cruel amusement. Get a life and stop promoting this cruelty now!!!

they deleted my first message but lets keep bugging them!!!

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2005, 04:12:56 pm »
That website is the antithesis of everything we are striving to do to make our dogs 'acceptable'.
NO! You can't ride my dog!
They become 'Snappy', angry and aggressive toward the little skin kids, who generaly are trusting and loving, and I won't stand for that.
I worked too hard to get my dog to be loved on by kids.
Tulsa thrives on the little ones attention now.
She used to be very aloof, and would turn away.
Now she walks right upand checks their 'registration',
and lets them love on her.
I'm a Happy Dad!
John

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2005, 07:20:25 pm »
once again they have deleted all the negative posts. Everyone needs to go there often and sign the guestbook to let everyone know that this ISN'T cute!!

Offline Mary Lou

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2005, 08:43:27 pm »
This is upsetting.  I just left a message in the guestbook at that site about how awful riding a dog is and about how he deletes all negative comments.  I'm sure my message will not be there tomorrow.  I'm looking at Sonny now thinking how horrified he would be if this happened to him.

Mary Lou