Author Topic: correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks cruel...  (Read 40335 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks cruel...
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2005, 08:10:59 am »
O.k...Another chuckle for me this morning compliments of you, John...I was having a bad morning...Thre e of your posts amused me greatly!...I was going back to bed & I still am but I'm going back to bed in a much better mood than I would have!...& yes, this guy probably married a wonderful woman who woke up sober the next morning & was aghast at what she married!...lol!

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2005, 05:35:19 pm »
Date: Tue Sep 20, 2005  2:41 pm
Subject: Re: My guestbook's being spammed  angel_bear_71
 Send Email 

Tim I wouldn't be surprised if Jen had something to do with these
people finding out about you're website you know how she is....I am
an animal lover and kids riding big breed dogs like horses IS NOT
cruel...Those people need to back up and regroup....
DFTHYFBT&E Maria[/glow]

This was a message in his Yahoo group board.  These people are complete idiots....How can they say that it is not dangerous.  There is a reason they don't sell tack for dogs!!!!
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline BOXERSRULE

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2005, 09:59:08 pm »
 >:( i agree this darn fool needs to wake up a dog cant tell you yes or no ride me its cruel and im turning him in ASAP he needs shut down,

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2005, 10:01:38 pm »
Wow, for someone who doesn't know what theyre talking about you sure can run your mouth cantcha?  In case you didn't notice this is a BIG DOG board, and we specialize in BIG BREEDS, some of us for over 20 years.  I happened to write Mr Tim. a very nice email where I said that although I didn't agree with his site, I would at least appreciate if he only posted pictures that followed the rules that he himself set up.  A 60+ kid on a Great Dane PUPPY that is struggling to get away from her is, by his own guidelines, cruel.  Yet he still posted the pictures.  I also gave him documentation on carting sites trying to be helpful.  I did this before the barrage on his guestbook, yet he never had the decency to write me back.  I never even posted to the guestbook.

Also, we are NOT the only site that is posting to that guestbook.  I know at least 4 others off the top of my head.  So don't go blaming us for posting his personal info.  I don't recall anyone stating that they were the ASPCA, so dont know where you got that from.  Also, I would like to know what experience you have with Giant breed dogs that have been ridden by children (UNDER 30 POUNDS), and suffer emotional scars from it.  Have you ever helped rehabilitate these dogs?  Don't mouth off because your buddy said he was being wronged.  If you have no experience, which from your post I'm not thinking you do, then you can't say anything because you don't KNOW anything.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline rennogsd1996

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2005, 10:02:39 pm »
I know the man who runs this site and he is in no way abusive or anything.   It seems to me folks need to get a life if all you can do is harrass man with a decent website.  Anybody with any common sense would know not to put a kid on a dog who was sick, or ailing or vicious.  I went to vet tech school and have beena  foster mom for 9 years for both cats and German Shepherds.  I asked my instructor at school about this last night after seeing the posts you folks put in his guest book.  She said as long as the dog is in good health, not mean or having a tendency to bite, and as long as it wasn't for a long period of time, that there was no danger to the dog.  And if you check you will see most of the time any "dog riding" is done its just long enough to get a photo shot, and/or a small short video.  It's not like they are riding the dog to timbuktu.

And you can't blame tim for folks who "abuse" the dogs by letting huge children ride on them.  He is just posting photos and you may notice that many of them are so old that they date as far back as the 1920's.

Get a life folks!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 10:11:19 pm by rennogsd1996 »

Offline BOXERSRULE

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2005, 10:10:22 pm »
 :'( this guy tim really thinks hes doing a good thing maybe he needs help them poor dogs well i live real close t him so im turning him in first thing

Offline rennogsd1996

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2005, 10:13:36 pm »
boxersrule...t urning a man in for having a website with kids sitting on dogs backs?  i'm sorry what would the charge be?

The ASPCA and any humane society would probably laugh in your face.  He is not personally committing any offense.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 03:52:37 am by Jacksmom »

Offline BOXERSRULE

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2005, 10:22:16 pm »
 wel we will just see i bet to differ there hes a sick person for even saying its ok ;D i tell ya he dont need pets he needs his head checked

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2005, 10:23:09 pm »

And you can't blame tim for folks who "abuse" the dogs by letting huge children ride on them.  He is just posting photos and you may notice that many of them are so old that they date as far back as the 1920's.

I'm talking in particular about the latest photos on his site of a HUGE blonde girl, about 6 or 7 years old, trying to get on a fawn great dane puppy who is scared to death and trying to run away.  Like I said I was nice about it and just pointed out that it wouldn't be such a big deal if he didn't set up guidelines and then promote people who broke them all.  He has 3 videos of it too. 

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2005, 10:23:36 pm »
You are an idiot then...boxersr ule...turning a man in for having a website with kids sitting on dogs backs?  i'm sorry what would the charge be?

The ASPCA and any humane society would probably laugh in your face.  He is not personally committing any offense.

I think you, like Tim, have overlooked what everyone here is saying. Though he might not personally be committing any crime, he is endorsing the riding of animals by kids which is cruel.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Legends & Sassy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Don't Forget To Hug Your Furbaby Today & Everyday
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2005, 10:25:33 pm »
Ummmsorry but I do know what I'm talking about and I posted As for ASPCA here's proof

Personal_FullN ame: ASPCA
guestbook
If anyone would care to voice their concern directly to this website's owner, here you go:

Now you tell another lie.... I have dealt with morons like you all my life and like I've done to the ones in the past I bury them and move on so Have a wonderful day and when you realize you are wrong then go play in traffic

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2005, 10:33:56 pm »
First off let me tell you how intimidated I am by some anonymous busy body on the internet.  I'm shivering in my boots Honey.  As for you knowing what your'e talking about tell me, do you work in rescue?  Do you breed?  Are you a vet specializing in Giant breeds? 

I didn't tell a lie I said "I DO NOT RECALL SOMEONE CLAIMING TO BE THE ASPCA"  Maybe if your buddy left the guestbook listings up longer than 30 seconds someone could read them and check them out.  Also a screen name doesn't mean that that individual is claiming to be that person.  I could put Angelina Jolie as my screen name does that mean I'm her?  Oh that's right it means that I'm lying trying to make people think that I am.

Call me a moron?  You don't know any more about me than I do about you.  For all you know I could be a member of MENSA or I could be a felon with a taste for blood.  Not very swift there sunshine.

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2005, 10:38:22 pm »
rennogs,
It IS cruel and dangerous for these dogs and for the children to encourage this "activity".  I have dogs as well as horses and I can tell you, there is a SIGNIGICANT difference in their structure (these words may be too big for you, so let me translate....d ogs are not horses!)  A couple of  important observation that backs up our arguments are:  you don't see (normal) people riding dogs, they don't sell tack for dogs, and this is not an advertised function of dogs.  I used to be a vet tech as well, and I can tell you that neither I, or any vet I worked for would ever condone this as an acceptable function of a dog. 
As far as your claim that Tim is not responsible for those breaking his suggested rules on acceptable weight ratios....if he is going to post the picture then he assumes a certain amount of responsibility for further encouraging ways to make an, already, cruel situation even worse!!  Ultimately, an animal is an animal and there is no way to know 100% of the time how these dogs will react.  Working at the vet clinic I saw numerous "family dogs" put down because something or someone made them snap.
You all bear a responsibility for endorsing this and any children and/or dogs injured as a result of viewing your website and following the "instructions"...well lets just say I hope the lawsuits start pouring in.
I wonder what PETA would say about this as well....I am going to forward the link to their offices.
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline Legends & Sassy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Don't Forget To Hug Your Furbaby Today & Everyday
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2005, 10:56:44 pm »
Well all I know is Tim is not responsible for any of the photos on his site and that the bashing on each side needs to stop....I have said somethings that were not right but I posted my thoughts on the situtation.... I have checked with the local & US authorities that a child 30 lbs or less riding on a big breed dog will not harm them if only on for no more that 10 minutes with dog approval. I have read through most of your message boards and you are all trying to do good and I will not bash you for that...

I'm an animal lover myself and I rather save an animal first before a human....

Don't Forget To Hug Your Furbabies Today & Everyday
                                                                              Legends & Brat

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2005, 10:58:47 pm »
He is responsible for the pictures if he is posting them!
I am kind of a big deal!