Author Topic: correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks cruel...  (Read 40331 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks cruel...
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2005, 11:03:57 pm »
I am surprised by the content of your post to hear you say you went to tech school...Did you gradute?...What is your current position?...Are you a  vet tech?...I am planning on cart training my dogs...This is natural for some breeds of dogs to PULL weight...But I will wait until they are 2 to put even a lightweight pulling cart behind them & until they are 3 & fully developed phisically to put any weight on at all...Why, because giant breed dogs don't fully mature in the bone & joints until they are 3...I am positive beyond any doubt that many of the dogs on your hero's web site are technically PUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!....lets just note that never in the history of dogs & what they were bred for is giving a child a piggy back ride for no matter how mcuh distance noted...HHHMMM MMMMMMMMMMM... I wonder of there is a reason for this?...So, from any logical point of view riding a dog would be unnatural for the said dog & also most definitely not in the dogs best interest so far as his/her healthy body is concerned...No w, lets move on to the psychie of a dog...Have any background in this area?...As I previously stated it is unnatural for a dog to carry weight on it's back...A "mounted" dog is a dog who is being forced to submit mentally...If the said dog feels he or she is a "higher status dog" than the "dog" mounting it it will bite or fight back...if the dog is a "lower status dog" in his/her mind...He/She will submit but it causes damage to the dogs' mind & may make the dog uncomfortable around the child who was "riding" it....I am so sorry for your lack of insight as pertaining to what dogs really are.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 11:18:05 pm by GYPSY JAZMINE »

Offline Legends & Sassy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Don't Forget To Hug Your Furbaby Today & Everyday
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2005, 11:04:09 pm »
OKay if you want to believe that Tim is responsible for the photos that other people have sent him so be it....Tim is no way a bad horrible man you all think he is...I have seen worse sites than Tim's that have adults riding big breed dogs which is 100% cruel but from the sources I recieved 99.9% of the photos on Tim's site are not cruel...
If you all don't like his site then don't go to it...Solve the problem

I'm done with the topic of Tim's website....
                                                                       Legends

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2005, 11:07:14 pm »
OKay if you want to believe that Tim is responsible for the photos that other people have sent him so be it....Tim is no way a bad horrible man you all think he is...I have seen worse sites than Tim's that have adults riding big breed dogs which is 100% cruel but from the sources I recieved 99.9% of the photos on Tim's site are not cruel...

Legends
What else do you want to talk about? ;D

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2005, 11:07:23 pm »
Well all I know is Tim is not responsible for any of the photos on his site and that the bashing on each side needs to stop....I have said somethings that were not right but I posted my thoughts on the situtation.... I have checked with the local & US authorities that a child 30 lbs or less riding on a big breed dog will not harm them if only on for no more that 10 minutes with dog approval. I have read through most of your message boards and you are all trying to do good and I will not bash you for that...

I'm an animal lover myself and I rather save an animal first before a human....

Don't Forget To Hug Your Furbabies Today & Everyday
                                                                              Legends & Brat

I appreciate this post.  :)  I hope you understand where we're coming from.  Legalities don't really factor into the issue here (In our eyes), more about what's good for the dog.  I have fostered Danes that are terrified of kids because they tried to ride them.  It is SO much work building that trust back up.  Also, as we've posted here, weight distrobution is key, a child just can't distribute weight properly.  When we see this site all we see is "This is great, I can't wait to do this" and while there are guidlines on the site about the "Proper" way to do it, the people who don't follow them are still glorified.  If I was an uneducated person and I saw it, I would say "Well that big kid is riding, how come mine can't?"  Then you go to the guestbook and all it is is these positive comments from people saying what a great idea it is, well it's unnerving.  Thank you for being civilized.

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Legends & Sassy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2005, 11:15:30 pm »
I understand.... . I was raised with Dobermans and had to put the last one to sleep on December 2, 2004.....He was 15 years old

If there's anything you want to know about me feel free to email me

Don't Forget To Hug Your Furbabie Today & Everyday

Legends

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2005, 11:20:29 pm »

Legends
Not going to Tim's site does not solve the probelm at all. :'( & so there's "worse" out there...Does that make him less wrong? :(

Blair

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2005, 11:33:19 pm »
http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=1661&S=1&SourceID=47

I googled "Ride a dog" and found this.  Look at #17

Offline angelspex

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Angelspex.com
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2005, 01:50:18 am »
 ::) Some people don't get it and never will.

No point in even bothering with them.

When they kill their dog by having their kids break it's back... they will either get "it" or they will just get another dog.

It's sad.  :'(

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2005, 02:24:00 am »
I sent a personal message to LEGENDS, asking her not to support this site or it's webmaster, or the advocation of riding big dogs, I invited her to join us as a friend and a member who would be welcome. I do believe that she agrees with us that DOG RIDING is cruel. I feel that she is a loving, caring pet owner, who may be a bit confused!
John and Tulsa
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline CindiJ

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2005, 04:08:48 am »
I also signed this moron's guestbook, but I noticed that after you submit your comment, that it gives you a little message stating that your response will be given to this idiot for approval... I sent another one to him telling him to be a "real man" an post all comments, good or bad.  Let's just see if he has the guts to do it.  What on earth do these people think that they are doing ??? I don't care if it is kids or babies, the only thing that should ridden is a horse or pony.... NOT DOGS.  Please, let me meet this idiot walking down the street and just let him try and ride my dog:  He will ride an ambulance to the hospital trying to get my foot removed from his butt >:( >:( >:(

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2005, 07:46:53 am »
Ok, so it has been said that this okayed by local authorities... . who is game for faxing info to the local vets, PETA, and obtaining a list of "the authorites" who gave their approval to be submitted to the vets, PETA, and the state newspapers. (After all, you never know what they will do with it on a slow newsday.)

Let's organize and see what we can accomplish.

Deena and Sofia

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2005, 09:05:56 am »
Wow, I haven't added anything to this yet, as I feel that everyone has already spoken the exact words I feel. But I feel that I have to add my own 2 cents worth. From the first day that this topic has been started I have been signing Tim's guestbook. In rational and polite ways I explain the horrors of this do called 'dog riders society'. I will not stop, it's the very least that I can do to make him daily go through my little rant. Everyday he will have to be reminded of the dangers involved in what he endorses. Putting aside the dangers to the dogs for a moment, please Legend, remember that this is putting the children at grave risk for getting a dog bite. Children WILL be children, and no matter how informed they are of riding a dog only under supervision, at least ONE will attempt this without supervision, and at least ONE will be bitten. This is endagering both the dog for health reasons and the child. Under no circumstances can I see a positive light on what is going on here.

Unfortunatley when I was a child my parents thought it was cute to place me and my sister on our 140lb Newf cross. He was a wonderful dog, and I give him all of the credit in the world for showing me the love giant breeds can give. When he was only five years old he had to euthanized due to the extreme displasia in his hips. I learned a harsh lesson that resulted in me loosing my best friend when I was only five years old (we were the same age). This is not a story I am proud of, but it is appropriate to be told here. Chauncey (my childhood pal) was a gentle soul who deserved much more than children riding him like pony. I still think of him often even though so much time has passed.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline Legends & Sassy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2005, 09:45:52 am »
Just wanted to let ya all know that I've looked thru your site more and more and I see how devoted you are to animals...I love this place I really do
I'm building a website for my furbabies & myself I just started it so there's not a whole lot on it yet here's the link  http://www.geocities.com/angel_bear_71
If anyone has any ideas please feel free to email me

John- Thank You for the lovely email....

Don't Forget To Hug Your Furbabies Today & Everyday(DFTHYFBT&E)

Love & Licks
                                                                      Legends & Brat

(Brat) Katie JoJo is in the photo

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2005, 10:07:17 am »
Okay JennEast,

It's just us for now. Sofia will write something to send to the vets this afternoon. We'll post it and give everyone a chance for input. We'll send it out tomrrow. Could you find out who the local authorities are who okayed this? I'd like their names and positions. They need to be included in our statement. We also need a volunteer to contact PETA tomorrow. Anybody out there donate to them or know a contact with PETA? We should wait to get responses from the local vets and PETA before we try to "educate the local authorities in the error of their ways", but we'll be ready to go when necessary.

Deena

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2005, 10:12:55 am »
Hey, has everyone looked at the veterinary website that Blair posted? Somebody should email that to the Dog-Rider-Society guy (if nobody has yet) and ask him to read with with an open heart for animals (and children for that matter). I'm sure at this point he is so defensive that it might be impossible to get through to him, but if he is truly a man who cares about dogs, then he will hopefully come to understanding. A true animal lover would never recommend anything that was harmful to an animal, right?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 10:15:46 am by doghealer »