Hounds > Wolfhound Discussions & Pictures

Dog Beds.... what kind?

(1/3) > >>

mamadog:
Just wondering what kind of dog bed you use....for those of you who use dog beds. I've been told that for large breeds they need to have something with a lot of padding and that they shouldn't spend a lot of time laying on a hard floor. I haven't gotten a big dog bed yet, so Finn sleeps on a couple of folded comforters.  But he loves laying on the hardwood floors. So what does everyone else use?

newflvr:
My 140 pound Newf sleeps on the biggest bed that Orvis makes....and he seems to be very comfortable on it. 

jabear:
Bear has a big comfy bed of his own but prefers to use our bed or the couch for lazy comfort at naptime and the floor for long, deep sleeps.

Carolyn:
With the prices for extra large beds I started buying the egg-crate foam padding, wrap it up in a comforter..wa la we are done. All 3 of my guys go to bed at night in there own beds of thier own free will. If I wake during the night I have to be careful were I step. 2 out of 3 are usually on the hardwood floor or by the door.
Carolyn

GR8DAME:
I have a great dane 3 y.o and an Irishwolfhound/dane 18 weeks old that we adopted from a rescue, and a doberman. Like you I cringed at the thought of big bucks for a dog bed, multiplied by at least two..(One dog always takes the couch)  Instead, I hit some garage sales and found two crib matresses, and matress pads, with sheets. A little bleach and elbow grease and total cost for two beds, $30.00. The crib matresses are plastic coated, and the matress pads and sheets are washable with ease.
Stella

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version