Author Topic: The Boys rough 2 days  (Read 2087 times)

Blair

The Boys rough 2 days
« on: September 24, 2005, 09:58:30 pm »
They did good on the way up there but had a rough time at the hotel room [well Mr. Grey had it rougher then Zeus did] We had a second floor and grey never seen stair before, so that was an adventure in it self there. Zeus went up the stair like an old pro. It took me a good 30 minutes to get Grey up the stairs the first time and a good 30 mins to get him down the stairs. Poor boy looked scared to death while he was doing the stairs, he was all shakey. Then going potty was an adventure for both. They never had to go potty on a leash before. It didnt help that the grass wasnt soft grass but more like a bunch of dead weeds with stickers all in them. We tryed to find the softest spot but there really wasnt any LOL. Grey hurt his front leg, either from the stairs or from the grass casue his front pad is all red and he wont walk on it. I will say we had to leave the boys in the hotel room a few times and they did great. Didnt mess anything up or go potty in thereĀ  ;D. I am sure they are very happy to be homeĀ  and get to go potty off leash and in their soft grass. They ate and slept all night on the couch, I dont even think they moved the whole night. I hope this is the last Hurricane evacuation we have for this year, cause I dont want to this again LOL.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 10:00:21 pm by Blair »

GR8DAME

Re: The Boys rough 2 days
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 10:36:04 pm »
Merlin and Strider hate stairs. We only have a couple, outside on and off of the deck. When we take him to my Mom's for a visit we have a terrible time getting him up or down her basement stairs. And all of my dogs are used to being free to potty, trained not to go when leashed, because those are usually training sessions. I can imagine how hard the evac was on your babies, and I'm happy that the trauma is over for all of you.
Stella

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 10:52:05 pm »
Glad to hear you are all fine. Poor Mr Grey and those nasty stairs :'(

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 01:25:59 am »
I'm sorry that your boys had a tough time but I am sure they were happy to be safe with their mama! I will cross my fingers for you for no more hurricanes
RIP former BPO

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 01:35:35 am »
Glad to hear that you got the boys back to their safe place...Mr. Grey probably thought his mamma had lost her mind...lol...N either Samson or Pippin had any idea what steps were for when I brough them home...I remember it well. :D

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 02:19:57 am »
Sorry for your rough time but I'm so happy you're all safe!! Lets hope there are no more "Hurri- and get the h*ll out of there-caines"

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 02:39:15 am »
glad you are home safely, what troopers they are!
Karen