Author Topic: Very Annoyed!  (Read 3512 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Very Annoyed!
« on: September 23, 2005, 09:17:12 am »
I was on another dog site and this girl posted pics of her dog's puppies and this is what it said!

Sa-Kara: Alright first to start it off, my dogs are hog dogs so they stay in pins outside. Not like those goody goody poodle dogs most people have.

This is Big mamas Litter- this was a few months ago.
Well Big mama is a bulldog and I think she got with a pitbull or some other mutt when out.

Cavapins: Nice dogs, shame about your comments, my girls live inside, l take offense to your remark.
Dont be so judgemental of others dogs. I shant comment on your breeding practices, or lack thereof but will ask members please stay very refrained in comments here........

Sa-Kara:  I don't get what your saying Cava... What breeding practices or lack there of? Please fill me in?

Cavapins: breeding at 8 months and every year since.....and mixes.

Keeley: umm, I don't think your a very responsible dog owner. Right now I'm trying to restrain myself as much as possible!

Little Buddy: there very cute. but i have to agree with cava and keeley.

Vongandelhoff: Like Cava said, let's not turn this into a flame post regarding the original posters Breeding Practices and treatment.
Before you post take a deep breath and count to 10.
Or the post will have to be closed =)

Sa-Kara: Alright. How My family treats dogs and how you people treats dogs is probably different, but they are probably similar too.
1. Our dogs get acres on acres to run and catch hogs- which they love doing.
2. adults get fed 1 daily, of 'Beneful' and 'ol Roy' dog food.
3. They stay in large pins, that are cleaned everyday, with fresh water everyday. And since my mom is a vet- I think they are good on that.
4. Even some of the times they come inside.

Another reason they saty oustide is because we don't potty train. From the mintue they are 5 months old they are runnin with the pack, learnin how to catch hogs. It's what we do, and its what they were bred to do. I personally think they would rather die than not catch a hog.

Sa-Kara: Please, I just wanted everone to see the puppies.
I will also find Big mama and Roxy's pictures and post them.

Katie: I still don't agree about keeping puppies outside, exposed to the elements, diesease, and injury. The breeding mutts still has yet to make sense to me.

Sa-Kara: Oh bye mutts I mean any one of the male dogs. I call male dogs mutts, they get on my nerves. Like I said, the dogs/pups are well taken care of. Mom is a vet.

Vongandelhoff: Meh, lets not post pictures like that again Sa.
A lot of people would find that very very disturbing.

Dakota Spirit: Cute pups :P...

And like I am pretty sure others have said before me...lets not turn this into a flame post. People have diffrent ideas about what is and isn't good for their dogs

Sa-Kara:  Oh, I never thought about that. I always forget everyone wasn't raised like I was. lol
Thanx D.Spirit.

Keeley: Can I ask a question. If your mom is a vet why doesn't she fix any of your dogs?

Sa-Kara: Well, my dad/uncle/neighbor don't wan them fixed. They said that it makes them more 'wild' or something. Besides a lot of the people won't buy the dogs if they have been fixed.

Nikki: Your puppies are so cute.

Dakota Spirit: Keeley not everyone has their dogs fixed. It has nothing to do with being a vet

Sa-Kara[/b:]: Thankies. My dad and neighbor should be back anytime now. They went huntin this evenin with a couple 8 month pups and 3 adults. I'm gonna go check to see if they took Kacey.

Keeley: Dakota I understand that, I have friends with unfixed dogs, I was just asking.

Dixie: Your puppies are very cute..Like everyone I don't agree with breeding mixbreds, but your dogs are cute.

My friend has 2 bluetick coon hounds which he coonhunts with. I wanted to train my male dobie in coonhunting. But he's worth to much to have that risk and I don't want him getting hurt.

Goodluck..

Sa-kara: Alright I'm back. I have one of the pups with me, his name is blu. He is 5-6 months. One of Big mamas pups. He's clean because I gave him a bath yesterday. Well- I just pushed him on the pool and threw a ball for him to retrieve. He's layin under the desk, about to fall asleep. Cute boy.
 Well, All of our dogs are bulldogs, catahoulas, pitbulls and a few labs and english setters.

Dixie: I think your pups are adorable! I have two black mouth currs that hunt squirrels . But I do agree with everyone else about the mixbreeding.

Sa-Kara: I love BMC!! They are so cute when pups. I had one, until he was killed by another dog. Thats why I dislike a lot of male dogs. They take everything to serious about a bone!

GAH, really they shouldn't be owning dogs!! I mean if a person won't buy a fixed dog, I think that would be sign that they shouldn't be getting a dog from you in the first place!(excluding the fact they want to show or something of that sort of course!) I'm really at a loss of words but I just wanted to get them out of my systerm.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Very Annoyed!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 10:26:58 am »
I cannot believe that is even an actual post!!! 

I don't know how old the Sara-Ka is, she doesn't sound very old.  I would like to talk to her parents and give them some commen sense!!  >:(  >:(

Doesn't want to fix b/c it keeps them more wild?  The female could get pregnant from any of the males of 4 different breeds of dog?  Chasing hogs?!  WHAT!!!!?????   ???   ???

I really don't want to be stereotypical, but they sound like they are living in the backwoods of Alabama or something.  I can just see the girl running around in overalls and bare feet, and the parents missing several teeth.

BabsT

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 10:44:37 am »
People down south use AB and 'curs' on hogs all the time.  They are usually called catch dogs bred to catch and hold the hog until the hunter gets there to make the kill..dogs are different to some...bred and meant to work, not be pets or live inside...

My dog zero was born on a ranch and lived outside...the first house he was in, was mine...he was exposed to it all because he parents were working dogs..he was fine and infact I think it made him easier to housebreak because he was accustomed to going the bathroom on grass

I am not saying that this girls breeding pratices are acceptable, I am just explaining that some dogs live that life working all day long and are probably quite happy doing it

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 10:49:03 am »
No stereotype, that is very much like the backwoods of Alabama. I talk to my boss all the time about her mother in law who lives there. she has 13 dogs she was fostering, because their nieghbors don't confine, spay or nueter their dogs, and then dump them on her if they get sick or tore up hog chasing. Puppies of the most aggressive and best hunters are highly prized in the area, and bred over and over again. MIL takes them in, gets them better if she can, has them altered and finds them homes.
It is a different culture, and the nieghbors think she is a crazy lady, but she still finds dogs on her doorstep. It's actually pretty sad..
Stella

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 12:05:57 pm »
People down south use AB and 'curs' on hogs all the time.  They are usually called catch dogs bred to catch and hold the hog until the hunter gets there to make the kill..dogs are different to some...bred and meant to work, not be pets or live inside...

My dog zero was born on a ranch and lived outside...the first house he was in, was mine...he was exposed to it all because he parents were working dogs..he was fine and infact I think it made him easier to housebreak because he was accustomed to going the bathroom on grass

I am not saying that this girls breeding pratices are acceptable, I am just explaining that some dogs live that life working all day long and are probably quite happy doing it

Oh, I knew the hog chasing had to be something like that.  I've heard of boar hunting before, and either thought it was like that or they used the dogs to round up hogs like sheep.

And I have no problems with people having outside dogs.  That's all my grandparents ever had, and my parent's dog was primarily an outside dog.  Just the thinking of the person posting (even though she was obviously young) seemed almost surreal and backwards in thinking.  I am just amazed that some people still raise dogs in that manner.

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 12:18:23 pm »
I'm hearin' "Dueling Banjos" and Ned Beatty squealing!
Did you know the 'toothbrush' was invented in Alabama?
If it had been invented anywhere else it would have been a 'teethbrush'!
Just a comment from an Okie born in Bakersfield.
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 12:25:40 pm »
That was quite the conversation.. .. >:(
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 09:27:19 pm »
i was appproched by a man with "cur" dogs
he asked me to breed my rhodesian ridgeback to one of his bitches to make better HUNTING dogs,,,,,,,,,,
i said,, no , i do not think so
i do not hunt, do not beleive in it or would purposly make mix breeds after years of selective breeding to have these beautiful , house raised and loved ridgebacks.
 he was very annoyed with me and gave me some attitude
oh well
 my ridgebacks go only to aproved homes only, show or pet,to be loved and be able to be a couch potato.NO WAY,, LIVE IN PENS,  our dogs are part of our family and will remain
this way. if we want the hunt instinct, we lure corse,,, let them chase and kill the fake bunny
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 09:43:03 pm »
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 09:44:16 pm »
This is just Too Cute Too!!!!
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!