Author Topic: PEEING!! OMG  (Read 3347 times)

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
PEEING!! OMG
« on: September 19, 2005, 06:51:20 am »
OK Ladies and Gentlemen. I need some help here. Judge has picked up a new thing since we moved. He is peeing in my house. I have got him out of peeing on the door jams but he insists on peeing on my youngest daughters stuff. It seems to be her clean stuff. What should I do???? When I put her to bed last night her CLEAN bed spread was soaked.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
Re: PEEING!! OMG
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 07:13:03 am »
i would first rule out a UTI
if that is not the case i would make sure to keep him crated until he is trustworthy, how old is he?
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 08:33:21 am »
1) get a vet check

2) if the dog is healthy, go back to square one on housetraining.

Supervise and FOOD REWARD all outdoor elimination. If you have not been using a pee pee command, start now. Name the action when it's occuring, and food reward it each time it happens in the right place.
Allow the dog NO unsupervised time free in the house.
Close doors.
Use baby gates.
DO NOT let him out of your sight if he is loose in the house. NOT FOR ONE SECOND. This is how bad habits start with puppies, and it snowballs. I cannot emphasize enough how completely important SUPEVISION is when dogs are learning how to behave in your house.[/b]

Also, if he is not neutered, and you do not plan to show him for his CH title, I would get that done immediately.
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 08:54:03 am »
TY TY Ill start with the vet. Crate ?? He grew out of that about 1 year ago. He was fine untill we moved. I just found some of my clothes upstirs that were drenched. I was drunk the other night but hopefully not that drunk. HEHEHE. I am seriously thinking of getting him neutered and now would likely be the best time to do it. I think he is only doing it while we are out so Ill block him off in the back room while we are out from now on. Thanks for the advice. PS Judge was 1 year old in March.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline tonyc

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 09:16:11 am »
i'd seriously take  RedyreRottweilers advice...

we began re-crating nikki last week. it's seriously helped the random peeing. you can really tell when puppies are properly crated. cody LOVES to go into the crate... nikki is like.. 'meh'...

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 10:59:18 am »
Two words, "Outside Dog".  We keep Drake outside as much as possible and that keeps him from mischief.  If that's not possible for you, I guess it's crate time.   :(
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline lil rufus

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 11:06:32 am »
I would definitely take him to the vet......I had a cat who was doing this and it is either a UTI or a behavioral issue.

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 12:11:07 pm »
Coonie did you ask him if he wanted to move?Maybe hes just mad.You'd be surprised how human they can be.