Author Topic: strays  (Read 1764 times)

Offline kimberlybriceh

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
strays
« on: September 19, 2005, 08:07:12 am »
I just relocated from Chicago to Dallas. I am the proud owner of 3 wonderful, big dogs. I am sad to tell you that there are 3 stray dogs currently roaming the neighborhood in which I live. Two of the three have been exploring this block for 5 days. I have fed them, given them plenty of water, and entertained them for hours. I have gone door to door in hopes some kind soul would contain them long enough for me to find them a place to go.... However, no luck.

The female lab is nursing. The brown lab mix is scared, but clearly playful and dying for attention. These two are best buddies.

This morning a dobie mix joined the team. None of these dogs have tags, and two are even without collars. I am so heartbroken for them.

Because I have two Staffordshires and a sheperd, I am not comfortable with what could be potentially dangerous if I were to take them in.

On a positive note, my neighbor is taking the male dobie to get neutered and shots. How can people be so irresponsible? I am at a loss here because I don't know many people yet in Dallas.

Any suggestions on how to handle this? I tried a no kill shelter- not taking any more dogs.  I wish to find them a foster family.

Kim

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: strays
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 10:28:54 am »
Bump.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 06:27:18 am »
Kimberly,

You can try to contact www.labrescuen orthtexas.org at 972-480-5227. You can also do a google search labrador retriever rescue texas, that will give options, Right now the hurricane zone is letting rescue groups pull dogs, so they are probably not as excited at assisting with a local as they should be.

You probably need to find the females pups if possible to prevent another tragedy, as I am certain you already thought of. You may want to cross post this from general to the rescue and the mixed breed section of the board, you may have some other ideas.

If possible see if you can get pics of the dogs to post on this board and email to the rescue groups...love at first sight is always possible. Best wishes and hope you can find them a home.

Deena

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 06:28:38 am »
Good luck and know we are wishing you well on saving these babies.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)