Author Topic: Are Pyreneese aggressive  (Read 3723 times)

Offline Lendy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Are Pyreneese aggressive
« on: October 23, 2005, 01:40:28 am »
I am wondering if as the puppy gets older are they agressive.  I want her to be protective of myself and grandkids. Please inform me of any information you all might have on this subject.  Thank you so very much for all your help

Lendy

Kiahpyr

Re: Are Pyreneese aggressive
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 01:52:11 am »
Pyrs are very protective of their family. They are not suppose to be aggressive unless you are in trouble then they will do whatever it takes to protect you. Kiah is 7 1/2 months old and is just starting to be leary of strangers. If I tell her it's okay then she's accepting of them so far. It may come to the point where she won't let someone near me because she knows the person may be bad. This is all from my own experience and research.

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 06:30:52 am »
There is a big difference between an aggressive animal and a protective animal...Your pyr shouldnt be aggressive but if she is of correct temp, she should show her instinct to protect...and aggressive animal to me is an unstable one
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 07:54:54 am »
There is a big difference between an aggressive animal and a protective animal...Your pyr shouldnt be aggressive but if she is of correct temp, she should show her instinct to protect...and aggressive animal to me is an unstable one
Pyrs are by nature gaudians...The y should be protective...A gression is unwanted in any dog. :)

Offline Lendy

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 01:42:35 am »
Thank you for your information.  Snow is not aggressive just seems a little more assertive than my other dogs.  I have another question.  her two dew claws on the back legs.  I know that I have read here somewhere that that is normal for that bread. Is that right?

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 02:06:33 am »
Yes
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline shellyb115

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 06:09:39 pm »
Pure pyrs do have double dew claws; other breeds do not.