Author Topic: Two Champion Dane boys need a home!  (Read 6793 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Two Champion Dane boys need a home!
« on: September 19, 2005, 05:18:01 pm »
This is just a precaution as I'm pretty sure their breeder will take them back.  On one of my dane rooms there's a guy who.....  well to be nice I won't say much other than he's alot of muscle and not much else.  He does take care of his dogs though.  He has two Fawn boy littermates that each are Canadian Kennel Club Champions.  They're gorgeous and sweet, and this guy has posted that he is in Las Vegas (He lives in Canada, didn't say why he's in Vegas) and he needs to go back to Canada because of immigration issues, but he can't bring the dogs back with him.  He was talking of taking them to rescue which floors me because they are high quality dogs.  I've spoken with the breeder (Want one of her pups in the future actually) and I'm pretty sure she'd take them back.  However, I was wondering if there was anyway that either someone would take them if there's no other resort, or if anyone would be interested in a trasnport to get them back home.

Their names are Jessie and Kain

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UwCbAnQY9OhVkAzNWVIcGS8e8H!g!

http://www.geocities.com/shebandowans/boys.html
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
Re: Two Champion Dane boys need a home!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 05:26:06 pm »

If those were puppies of my breeding, I would be on the way there to get them NOW.

My puppies may go NO where except back to me at ANY time for ANY reason if the original purchaser cannot keep them.

I have high monetary penalties in my contract for doing ANYthing else.

I hope they find a good home, or that the breeder does what is right and steps up to the plate for them.
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 06:46:12 am »
Please keep us posted.  I am sure it will not be hard to find a great home for these guys.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 07:58:05 am »
part of our contract,,,,,,,,,is
if for any reason, you cannot keep the dog
IT MUST come back to us
we will find it a good home, since we do have the contacts for people wanting to adopt
this is horrible breeding practice, not to stand by the pups for the whole life of the pup, not just after they leave at 8 weeks old.  i hope they get a permenant home !
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 11:14:28 am »
Well, because I know the breeder and I KNOW that there's no way she wouldn't take the boys back, and the things the guy was saying didn't add up, I emailed her.  Well I got a response back today.  This guy NEVER called her, she didn't know anything about it till I contacted her.  She's livid, and she spoke to him on the message board because she had no other way to get ahold of him.  He said "Yes they're co owned, so you're in charge of breeding and showing but otherwise they're mine!"  Don't worry the clause is in the contract that they come back to her.  Also she told me that he hadn't even finished paying for them, but because he loved them so much and took such good care of them she let it slide.  And trust me she is getting them back!  She called my cell today but I had it on silent.  I spoke to her grandmother (OMG I just have to say that she is the coolest crazy Canadian Lady) who thought I was this guy's GF and was yelling at me.  "WE LOVE THOSE BOYS!  THEY'RE COMING HOME WHERE THEY BELONG!"  Once I finally got her to realize who I was she was so sweet and was like "Oh Donna will be home in a little bit dear".  Tee Hee. 

So the guy is inthe wrong, and the breeder is totally backing up her dogs.  I SOOOO want a puppy from her even more now!

Ang

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 11:46:41 am »
I'm so happy to hear that the breeder is going to stand behind her puppies and take them back!  That is the absolutely right thing to do!  You have my blessing to get one of her dogs!!

When I got Cowboy,  (he was rescued from a home where the man said that he "just didn't fit my lifestyle  :'()the breeder had already contracted to have him shipped back from Calif. to NY.   I convinced her to let me have him and had to withstand a grilling that convinced me how much she cared about her dogs!  I have nothing but respect for her.  We have stayed in contact and she said at any time if I get tired of taking care of him (he's now almost 3) she'll have him.  Good woman!!!

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 01:11:15 pm »
Well Donna just called me, and I found out some VERY interesting things about the boys' owner.  Or should I say, now previous owner.  I'm now trying to get a transport up to her, as she has a severely diabetic son and can't go any farther than 16 hours (Which would put her in Nebraska somewhere) I made a post on it, which can be seen here.

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,3716.msg45097.html#msg45097

Offline danelady1

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 12:32:11 am »
Excuse me!!!!!!! What is wrong with a dane going to a "reputable" dane rescue?

I will assume from you negative comment that don't you know about dane rescue!!! Rescuers work very hard to place a dane in the right home with the right family, depending on the needs of both parties. All dogs are altered so there is no back yard breeding, they are temperment tested and a good rescue will do a home check to be assured that the family truly does have a fenced in yard and no KuJo type pets in their home... Some rescuers insist that all pets in the home be altered as to not put the new dog at a disadvantage dealing with hormones or testosterone.. . and a "meet & greet" off the property to be sure the families pets will get along with the new family member!

RUN if these things are not done by a rescue you go to...  someone who has dogs to place and just takes your money & runs is a broker not a rescue....

Yes, unfortunately there are some "not so great" dane rescuers out there... But we also have "some" BAD AKC breeders out there as well... Breeding bad temperments and unhealthy danes... If is very sad...

The bottom line is... you have to do your homework b4 going to a breeder or a rescue... if you go to a breeder make sure that the sire & dam have been tested and certified b4 they were bred...Pay attention to the property these dogs are on and pay attention to how the dogs are treated by the owners... Watch the body language of the dogs, if they coware when the owners approach or when kids come near them... Have the puppies been socialized? Are they feeding them properly, have they been vetted????? The list goes on!!!!!!!! Is this a BYB (back yard breeder) or a reputable AKC breeder...  Talk with your local breed club, go to shows and talk to folks... Please...don't just see an ad in the paper or on line and send a check!

Just my 2 cents!!!!! Well, maybe 10 cents!!!!!!!!

Linda

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 12:39:58 am »
Excuse me!!!!!!! What is wrong with a dane going to a "reputable" dane rescue?

I will assume from you negative comment that don't you know about dane rescue!!! Rescuers work very hard to place a dane in the right home with the right family, depending on the needs of both parties. All dogs are altered so there is no back yard breeding, they are temperment tested and a good rescue will do a home check to be assured that the family truly does have a fenced in yard and no KuJo type pets in their home... Some rescuers insist that all pets in the home be altered as to not put the new dog at a disadvantage dealing with hormones or testosterone.. . and a "meet & greet" off the property to be sure the families pets will get along with the new family member!

RUN if these things are not done by a rescue you go to...  someone who has dogs to place and just takes your money & runs is a broker not a rescue....

Yes, unfortunately there are some "not so great" dane rescuers out there... But we also have "some" BAD AKC breeders out there as well... Breeding bad temperments and unhealthy danes... If is very sad...

The bottom line is... you have to do your homework b4 going to a breeder or a rescue... if you go to a breeder make sure that the sire & dam have been tested and certified b4 they were bred...Pay attention to the property these dogs are on and pay attention to how the dogs are treated by the owners... Watch the body language of the dogs, if they coware when the owners approach or when kids come near them... Have the puppies been socialized? Are they feeding them properly, have they been vetted????? The list goes on!!!!!!!! Is this a BYB (back yard breeder) or a reputable AKC breeder...  Talk with your local breed club, go to shows and talk to folks... Please...don't just see an ad in the paper or on line and send a check!

Just my 2 cents!!!!! Well, maybe 10 cents!!!!!!!!

Linda

What is wrong in this situation is that the dogs are co owned and that there is a clause that they are to go back to the breeder if the owner can't keep them.  This guy was going to subvert that.  These dogs are the culmination of decades of work, and they belong with their breeder.  I DO know about Dane rescue because I DO work in Dane rescue.  I never said anything about there being anything wrong with rescue, I dont' know where you came up with that.  I'm still looking for your negative comment.  If you're referring to the "Because they're high quality dogs" thing, I KNOW that there are many high quality dogs in rescue.  I'm sorry if I worded it wrong I was very flustered at the moment.  What I meant to say was that so much work went into these dogs and he was just going to dump them off at a rescue. 

I know all about bad breeders.  Trust me.  MAYBE 5% of all Dane breeders are good, and just because a dog is registered AKC doesn't mean it's quality, as I've stated many times on this board.  Being registered just means that the Club knows your dogs exists, like a social security number.   

Ang

Offline AppyBaby

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2005, 12:01:19 am »
I myself would rescue any large breed dog and would love a dane.If they worked out in our home they would have a forever home with us.We have the room of course..320acr es of fenced land.Sure hope these ones find the home for them..

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 12:03:44 am »
The boys are in a loving foster home right now waiting for a ride back to their breeders, hopefully this weekend.  It was amazing how fast people who've never met pulled together to help these boys in need.  :)
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 09:20:25 pm »
I have no qualms for anything that was posted here.  I owe no one apologies.  People have gone behind my back to say stuff and they probably will in the future.  I am interested to know why you think I'm all air but not much more though. 

Ang

Offline Gin

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 09:25:55 pm »
Bless your heart for calling the breeder!  That is sometimes the only way contracts can be enforced, and reputable dog people have to stick together for the benefit of the dogs!  Just my opinion.

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 09:31:23 pm »
Didn't I see on that other board that the two danes are on their way back to the breeder by the co-owner himself?  And if I read their comments right, they didn't want to get rid of them but because of a job move and the $2500 fee for custom crates and shipping they couldn't afford to take them with them.  I'm just saying what I read this am on the other board.  I really got the feeling that they didn't want to get rid of them and they looked for every alternative they could find.  I love my dogs, but if it was going to cost $2500 I don't think I'd be able to take them either.

On the other hand, my husband just got orders to go to Germany and I was just quoted a price from Northwest KLM of $250 for Lily to fly with me.  So maybe his prices are off or maybe the dogs aren't "convenient" to their move.  Either way, I think we should get the whole story before bad mouthing anyone.

Sorry to play devils advocate.  :-\
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

GR8DAME

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 09:39:53 pm »
Isn't this rich.  It's highly inappropriate for you to be posting bad things about people from  another message board.  Would you like it if people said "she's all air but not much else, but she takes good care of her dog" on the other boards you are on, the way you have here? 

People make mistakes but spreading gossip in a small 'dog' world without considering others feelings is pretty ugly behavior.

Do you realize that when you post these negative things about others, that it reflects poorly on you?

I think you owe someone an apology and hope that you are big enough to recognize it.

Kinda depends if it true or not, doesn't it? Gossip is only gossip if it is not true. If it is true then it is a fact. Seems to me that someone is owed an apology, and in my opipion it is not the person trying to circumvent a binding legal contract. And  the danes are back where they belong, in any case, which was the goal, I believe, all along.
Stella