Author Topic: Song/Band of the moment  (Read 6724 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Song/Band of the moment
« on: September 19, 2005, 08:41:23 pm »
I thought it'd be cool for all of us to post the song and/or band we've been listening to.  It'll help us learn from each other, and maybe find new tunes!  Normally I'm an Alt/indie/rock chick.  Unfortunately my grandmother was watching Soap operas today and Ashlee Simpson's new song "Boyfriend" was playing and it's been stuck in my head like no one's business.   >:(  Later I'll post when I'm listening to a cool song.  I'm so ashamed! :'(

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Song/Band of the moment
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 08:58:34 pm »
Ashlee Simpson's new song "Boyfriend" was playing and it's been stuck in my head like no one's business.   

Ang

I don't even know you any more!!   ;)

Ozomatli has a new live CD, Live at the Fillmore, that I have been listening to constantly lately.  I am also kind of listening a lot lately to a song called "Bug Eyes" by Dredg, and some old punk rock by The Damned.  I have eclectic tastes, which is another word for weird.  :)
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 09:06:21 pm »
I like to work out to Bowling for Soup.

Offline Jeska

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 09:24:48 pm »
Dredg! Love them. I've been listening to a lot of the Decemberists, Iron and Wine and Tool lately.

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 04:00:28 am »
been listening to Joss Stone lately - but i like all types  who knows what it will be tomarrow.

Lyn

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 06:38:27 am »
I recently bought the new Theory of a Deadman CD. At first I didn't like it and now I listen to it all the time. lol

Jacksmom, I LOVE Def Leppard.. The Hysteria album is my favourite. I'm not too fond of their newer stuff though.

GR8DAME

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 07:58:14 am »
Aerosmith is on my computer at work, set low enough so I don't catch any guff from the geritol crowd.
Stella

dohertyswissy

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 08:12:14 am »
Def Leppard RULES and anyone who says differently should be held in BPO prison with evil mojos!   ;)  I'm listening to a mix of 80s hair bands as we speak!

My music tastes are ALL over the place, it really depends on my mood.  I still love John Mayer's live album.  He makes me feel calm.  I'll just be over here swooning.....

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 08:29:29 am »
I guess it depends which second you catch me.  lol

Right now I'm listening to The Black Keys, my new addiction.  They are so AWESOME!  ;D  But I listen to such a wide range of stuff from
Meatloaf to Ani Difranco,
Stone Temple Pilots & Velvet Revolver,
to Tori Amos & Indigo Girls,
Squirrel Nut Zippers to Arlo Gutherie,
Primus to 'Goober & the Peas',
Fatboy Slim to Soul Coughing & Cake,
and even Eminem to Edith Piaf 
the list goes on and on... :D 

This is an awesome thread, maybe we should start a couple others like it?  Its fun learning about others likes and whatnots...

Moni
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

dohertyswissy

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 08:54:21 am »
My music tastes are ALL over the place, it really depends on my mood.  I still love John Mayer's live album.  He makes me feel calm.  I'll just be over here swooning.....

I'm like that with Dave Matthews. I don't care if he's talking about firewood ... he still makes me swoon. Sad, huh?

Jenn - I am right there with you!!  John could right a song about a hemorrhoid and I'd think it was the best, most romantic song EVER.  DMB does rock.  Have you heard their new song, "Dreamgirl"?

Moni - You sound like me!  If you look at my CD collection, one would think I had a multiple personality disorder.   :D

Nicole

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 09:13:59 am »
Hey, Moni....did you steal my CD's? hahahha! That sounds like my collection! Well....minus the Eminem. For some reason, he just pisses me off. I think that's cuz he reminds me of my little brother who sucks.

Anyway....yeah ....I really like all the stuff Moni listed, AND Def Leppard, AND country music. Woooh, boy. I am really into country music right now! And not just the poppy stuff, I also like alot of alt. country.

I also like alot of world music. My particular fave is Moroccan Gnawa, but I also like soukous from South Africa, reggae, etc. One of my FAVORITE bands is from Scotland and their called Shooglenifty. They ROOOOOOOOOOCK!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 09:23:35 am »
Hey, Moni....did you steal my CD's? hahahha! That sounds like my collection! Well....minus the Eminem. For some reason, he just pisses me off. I think that's cuz he reminds me of my little brother who sucks.

Anyway....yeah ....I really like all the stuff Moni listed, AND Def Leppard, AND country music. Woooh, boy. I am really into country music right now! And not just the poppy stuff, I also like alot of alt. country.

I also like alot of world music. My particular fave is Moroccan Gnawa, but I also like soukous from South Africa, reggae, etc. One of my FAVORITE bands is from Scotland and their called Shooglenifty. They ROOOOOOOOOOCK!

OOOOH!  I forgot we had the Official World Music gurus on this board!  There is an Irish band that I LOVE called Flogging Molly. SOOOOO GOOOOD!!!  I'll have to check out that Scottish band you mentioned, Nicole!

Nicole

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 09:25:14 am »
Yeah, they are really good. They don't have any lyrics, just instrumental, but...man. I LOVE it. We have a World Music festival here in Bloomington every year...its called Lotus Fest, and that's where I first heard them. I fell in love, and got online and bought a few of their CD's.

I'll hafta check out Flogging Molly. hahhaha! Molly is my daughter's name. I'll have to tell her about them.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 10:39:50 am »

OOOOH!  I forgot we had the Official World Music gurus on this board!  There is an Irish band that I LOVE called Flogging Molly. SOOOOO GOOOOD!!!  I'll have to check out that Scottish band you mentioned, Nicole!

Flogging Molly is great!  I have seen them like 4 times, and every time was terrific...

I like a lot of country too, but my favorite is country that sounds really old and "hillbilly"...  I like Hank Williams III, Two Dollar Pistols, Star Room Boys, etc.... 

I like it all, seriously.  From really mainstream stuff to really obscure stuff.  Anything from The Mars Volta to Grant Lee Buffalo to Femi Kuti to Beau Jocque and the Zydeco Hi-Rollers....   :D

We are definitely going to have to get some BPO mix tapes going...   :D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Nicole

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2005, 10:44:31 am »
Yeah, the old hillbilly stuff is awesome.

Have you ever heard of Trailer Bride, bunny? They're awesome.

OOH! I forgot to mention my favorite band....Dressy Bessy!!! They're like...ummm... .poppy and sweet and super girly. Its like listening to your 8th grade diary put to music and words. Its awesome stuff.