Author Topic: I have DS Eh-EL! (Sang in the conga line song)  (Read 5017 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: I have DS Eh-EL! (Sang in the conga line song)
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2005, 01:51:26 pm »
You install it yourself.  They give you a day that they'll activate the service and you can't install it till then.  I was supposed to do it this weekend but I was gone so my computer illiterate grandparents did it!  It's just hooking up cables (2 of them) and running a CD.  To get set up the Verizon part of the account you do have to shut down your firewall and Virus protection, but that doesn't take too long.  The install itself is quick, tech support was very helpful to me (They had given my grandmother a temp password, and after the account was set up she needed to put in the permanent one).  The one thing that's a PIA is that all your phones have to have filters.  They give you 5 of them with the modem, and instead of pluggining your phone directly into the wall you have to plug it into the filter, then plug the filter into the wall.  It isn't that big of a deal though, we have one wall mountable phone that the filter wouldn't fit behind so we went to Radio Shack and got one there. 

I know about the Cable thing.  In Nashua we have Comcast, and we pay out the nose for it!  I'm thinking about switching..... ...

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Verizon DSL
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2005, 01:57:57 pm »
Yes it does!  We went through Verizon and got it for $14.95 a month, plus the $20 for the modem.  We were paying $14.95 a month for dial up anyways so it was stupid not to switch.  If you do go through them tell them that you want the $14.95 a month.  They'll say its slower, but if it is, it's not by much.  Things come up right away when I click, pictures only take a few seconds for all of them to show up.  I love it!

Ang
I would get it through Iowa Telecom...I had a cell phone with Verizon, hubby still has his...I have had so many problems with them & their customer service sucks out loud...I would sooner gouge out my own eyes with a butter knife than deal with Verizon in any way shape or form above what I have to endure with them now...Just seeing the name Verizon in print makes me see red...K...can you tell I dislike Verizon?...lol!Ty for the reply though!...I appreciate it!...I need to call Iowa Telecom & get the dsl!!! :)

Verizon is like the ONLY cell service that works up here in the boonies.  I had US Cellular and it was awful.  I had Sprint for about 3 hours when I realized that it worked everywhere EXCEPT for a 5 mile radius around my house.  I'm sorry that you hate them so much (I hate other people though.  Capital One comes to mind.....) but I hope you do get your DSL
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Kiahpyr

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2005, 02:46:27 pm »
I'm with ya gyps. I hate verizon. We had them for cell phones and they sucked. I'll leave it at that too. We just switch to cingular. Hope you can get cable.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2005, 12:00:54 am »
I'm with ya gyps. I hate verizon. We had them for cell phones and they sucked.
I KNOW!!!...RIGHT?!!! ::) :D