Author Topic: California get together  (Read 56603 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
California get together
« on: April 20, 2005, 06:00:05 pm »
Calling all California members....I would love to find out who lives in the state so that we could try and get a BBQ or something going this summer so that we can meet and let our dogs play together. I know that finding cool people with large breed dogs is sometimes hard to do (for me anyways). SO, if you live here and would be interested, let me and Bear know!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2005, 10:01:38 pm by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Cali. get together
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 09:59:00 pm »
Ohh getting jealous now, CA is a tad bit too far for me, I am in NC. But I agree, it is real hard to meet people that dont think you are a total nut. I used to have Danes and now different breeds, but I think I have heard it all, from people asking me what I was going to do with my danes when I had my first child!!!! (noone asked me what I was going to do with my first human baby when I was expecting the sescone) to people looking at my dogs asking "do they live indoors" and when I say that they do, and mostly hog the bed and pillow too, they just shake their heads and look at me with petty, as if I am probably not totally well "put together up there". I guess we are a special breed :>) But since you are way too far away. I'll go ahead and ask people in NC and SC if they would like to have a get together in the summer.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: California get together
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2005, 09:18:08 am »
I live in So.Cal but have a cabin and a daughter in No.Cal. It would be fun to get together.  Name a time and place and I'll try to do it!  Cowboy (newf) loves to play and we are hopefully picking up a Newf puppy (Chester) in a week.  He's had some trouble passing his heart test but the breeder assures me he'll pass at 10 weeks.  Fingers crossed!

Offline connolly

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 10:27:14 am »
We live in No.Cal. the real north near the Oregon border. My youngest son goes to school an lives in Sacramento. Have been planning a visit now that Donner pass should be clearing up although it snowed here yesterday. Would love to know the time and place and meet some of these great puppies and people I've been reading about. We have very few Giant Breeds up here. Mostly herding and hunting dogs. I think Sas and Seamus are 2 of the 4 St.s in Lassen County. Just have to say how much I love your web site. I was a member of a few St. groups but they were so political and got really nasty about breeding. The pictures are the best and the fact that these puppies all seem to be as spoiled as mine. I know about the "not put together to tight" My couch is disgusting with hair and doggie dirt on the arms from Sas's head and the fact that they sleep with me just horrifies some people lol. Oh well, they don't get the love I do from these babies. Thanks for the invite. connolly, (really Marifrances)
We are in Janesville, outside of Susanville about 1 1/2 hrs from Reno. 
The older I get the less I know

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 11:04:19 am »
This could be great fun!  Our cabin is at Lake Almanor...so anyplace around that area this summer would be perfect!  Those of us that love our giants are a different breed (pun intended!) My family has offered to get me fitted with a straight-jacket because I take my Newf EVERYWHERE with me.  We meet the most interesting people that way! ;D

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 06:10:07 pm »
Yeah! Metting you & your dogs would be a real dream come true for all 3 of us (me, Michael & Bear). I also have a few people who would like to join in who are regular friends of us. Now...what summer month should we try for?
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline Malishiku

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Airreyalis - Malinois & Shikoku
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 07:56:01 pm »
=(^ - ^ )= I live in Southern California too! Although, I'd love to one day own a Great Dane. This summer, probably in late July, I'm going to be getting my Dobermann puppy (is very excited)!

I think it would be pretty cool to get together. Early August would be best for me. June would be okay but I'll have school and no puppy! July, I'm going to Canada!

I'd love to meet everyone and their dogs!
=(^ - ^)= / ) Corina A. Gonzalez
www.airreyalis .com
Belgian Malinois & Shikoku Ken

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2005, 12:09:37 pm »
Awesome! I'm a teacher so I think August would be great too!
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline poofynewfy

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2005, 08:39:58 pm »
A big playdate meet-n-greet. How fun!

Offline damar

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2005, 08:42:37 pm »
If I could meet you all I would but we will be out of the state for most of the summer. Have fun though.

Offline DaneMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2005, 09:34:04 pm »
i live in San Diego and would love to let my dane play. as i said she is a 2 month old beautiful brindle dane. OH so cute! let me know when and where and if its close we/i will go. see i have a hubby along with 5 kids so it will have to be close so they dont drive me crazy on the way..haha. sounds like a great idea!

ANGEL

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2005, 02:36:13 pm »
Angel,
You are a very busy person with a dog and 5 human children. WOW! I'm thinking that because our state is so huge that we might have to split the playdate party into 2- one for S.CA and one for N.CA. What do you think?
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2005, 09:59:28 am »
You know I'm interested about a Cali meet up, we'll talk about it more at the Specialty!
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline ting1sf

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2005, 01:17:56 pm »
That is such a great idea. I live in SF but driving is not a prob:) Although mY doggy is not "big" yet. heheh. Its a GSD Puppy :)
I rather love a dog than a human. Because you put  100% into a dog , you get 200% back. As for humans you sometimes you get nothing back.

Offline Lucy

• Gnawer
  • No sensible shoes
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2005, 04:29:32 pm »
Hi there,
We're new as of today, but live in the So.Cal  North County area, and think the meeting is a  great idea. Is there a dog park that would accomodate them, allow them to run, and allow everyone to picnic/barbecue around? The Carlsbad area has a tiny plot of dirt that's fenced in, but another idea might be Dog Beach in Oceanside. Barbecue, and frolic for dogs & people? There's one in Del Mar also, but it's a bit more restrictive. The Oceanbeach area is more dog oriented then people oriented, while the Del Mar has specific off leash times...?
from under the fur....