Author Topic: Newf puppies stolen!!!  (Read 11608 times)

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Newf puppies stolen!!!
« on: September 21, 2005, 04:47:49 am »
Yesterday, 15 minutes drive from my house an 11 week old newf puppie was stolen out of a fenced backyard. The owners are devestated. The puppy was only in the backyard for 10 to 15 minutes before he was gone!!! 2 young men, possible just teenagers were seen in the area walking a newf puppy up the road. I can only pray the little pricks are caught and the puppy is reunited with his owners soon. They just got the puppy and then for this to happen, I cannot imagine the sick feeling they got in thier stomachs when he was gone from the backyard. Everyone, all vets, all modes of transportation off the Island, all drugstores and grocery stores have been notified. The story also ran on the local news last night so I am confident the thieves will be caught! Everyone and thier dogs are on the lookout.

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Newf puppies stolen!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 07:07:05 am »
OMG!...What is it with the rash of Newfs being stolen?...This is just sick!...Please let us know if the pup is returned...I am sending prayers for his safe return.

smohr

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 12:35:58 pm »
 :'(  I'm sorry too.  I'm praying for its safe return.  What is wrong with people to steal a beloved pet, which is a family member, from someone's yard?!? 

dohertyswissy

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 12:57:38 pm »
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND 4 MOO COWS!!  WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!?!?

This is just plain disgusting.  Horrible.  Argh!

I will keep them in my thoughts for the safe return of the pup!

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 06:24:29 pm »
No news on the puppies return yet, his name is Noah and his sister was on the news tonight, they apparently are identical looking, same white patch on the chest and everything. This city is to small for someone to get away with this and it is reported it was 2 teenagers who took Noah. What are thier parents going to say when it's on the news and all the sudden they have a new free newf puppy?? I pray nothing bad is going to happen and yes our family is keeping a close eye on Angus, though at 60 lbs and a bundle of energy it will be tougher to get him over our fence, I hope. Nobody here can believe this has happened.

Offline fishskibum

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 06:36:29 pm »
this sucks . ++++ doggie vibes sent for their return.
"The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in a selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungratefull or treacherous, is his DOG"
 Senator George Graham Vest

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 07:00:18 pm »
I really hope that the Newf Nappers are caught and that they get major jail time. Why do people keeping stealing dogs????

And yes, I too hope that Angus gains weight fast so that there will be no possibility of taking him.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 08:12:59 pm »
I can't believe this is happening so much!!  I can't believe how immoral some people are to take something that is not theirs.  Not only taking something that isn't theirs, but basically abducting a family member.

I really wish the penalty for this would be harsher.  It should be almost on par with kidnapping instead of just "stolen propterty".

I pray for the puppies safe return.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 08:19:48 pm »
I really hope that the Newf Nappers are caught and that they get major jail time. Why do people keeping stealing dogs????

And yes, I too hope that Angus gains weight fast so that there will be no possibility of taking him.
I'm pretty secure in the fact that nobody could get near Samson & get ahold of him without getting their face ripped off & if they managed that they probably would have trouble lifting 110 lbs. of snarling biting Pyr over our fence...That's part of the reason we have locks on all our gates...Pippin I would be more apt to worry about...He is friendlier...& that's part of the reason why they are never left in the yard unsupervised.. .It would kill me to find one or both gone. :'(

Offline LaurieW

• Big Paw Certified
  • Bella
    • View Profile
    • Hands of Healing
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 08:22:09 pm »

I will pray for a safe return for the puppy, peace for the family, and that the scumbags are caught.  Please keep us updated if you hear any more information.

Jenn

Ditto & Amen!

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 07:42:58 am »
UPDATE! Here's the news story than ran:
Abducted Newfoundland dog found
by Carolyn Stokes September 22, 2005
It was a heart wrenching few days for Mike Newhook and his fiancée Jillian Holden, but their eleven-week-old Newfoundland dog, Noah, is home safe and sound. On Monday evening, eyewitnesses spotted two teenage boys abducting the pure-bred puppy from a fenced backyard while the family was indoors. The couple was visiting Jillian's parents at the time. The frantic search and sleepless nights resulted in a happy ending Wednesday morning when a Mount Pearl resident, who found Noah wandering the pathways the previous evening, contacted the couple with the good news. Noah was tired and dirty, but no worse for the wear. Mike and Jillian suspect the thieves released the dog because of the heavy publicity.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 07:58:03 am »
YEA!!!!  I still want to smack those kids around though!  I'm SO happy the story turned out well!!!  YIPPPPEEEEE!!!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 11:04:12 am »
Oh yay!  I'm so glad to hear that they puppy is home!  Such a good ending to a heart breaking story.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 11:19:43 am »
YEA!!!!  I still want to smack those kids around though!  I'm SO happy the story turned out well!!!  YIPPPPEEEEE!!!
Great news!!...I wanna smack those little ******* with Nicker's baseball bat...Oh please can I?...Just a little???? >:(

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005, 11:28:09 am »
Yeah!!! This is such a happy ending. I am so glad the family is back together.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.