Author Topic: Im getting a little worried  (Read 5189 times)

Blair

Im getting a little worried
« on: September 21, 2005, 06:39:56 am »
This whole Hurricane thing is making me nervous. Some areas down here, where I live, are having a Mandatory Evacuations. But my town hasnt yet but we are keeping a very close eye on the storm. its going to be so hard on us if we have to leave, with the prices of hotels that will allow 2 huge dogs, its going to be really hard on us. I am so worried and scared right now  :-[ There is no way I am leaving my babies behind if the storm comes this way. This couldnt have happened at a worst time  :'(

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Im getting a little worried
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 06:41:32 am »
Blair,  I am so sorry this has been such a hard time for you and your family.  Please know we are thinking of you and wishing you the best.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline cincbcat

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 06:57:19 am »
Ditto that, my prayers and best wishes are with everyone being affected by these horrible natural disasters right now.

Rachel and Sadie

Blair

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 06:58:13 am »
Just gotv better news  :'( My husband is a Correctional officer, and they are telling him he has to stay behind if the county has a place for me and my kids to stay [the court house] but they dont allow pets. I cant leave without my husband cause, well I cant drive. So I am just friggin screwed if it comes my way. I have no friends to go with or family. No one will allow me to take my pets  :'( I have no clue on what to do. the only way my husband could go with me is if he quits his job, and honestly we just cant afford that. I al so at a lost right now  :'(

GR8DAME

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 07:07:21 am »
I am so sorry to hear of your situation and the decision they are forcing you to make.
Maybe I am just being naive, but I can't believe if the government calls for a manditory evacuation that they can force you or your husband to stay. And if they do they are opening themselves up for a massive lawsuit. An employer can't require you to risk your life and the lives of your families in extrordenary circumstances. ..can they?
Stella

Blair

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 07:11:26 am »
This is what they are telling my husband [he works at the County Jail in Corpus Christi and the jail needs to be under supervision 24 hrs if a hurricane comes] That if the county has a place for his family to stay, which is our court house, he has to work. So I guess the stupid county thinks the inmates are more important then my husband's family  ??? My husband is saying he WILL NOT stay behind, but we cant afford for him to lose his job. We are just going by what he is being told

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 07:14:28 am »
That's a very difficult situation to be in...I am so sorry you are in this prediciment... Please know that my thoughts & prayers are with you...Lets pray for the best....Please keep us posted.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 08:54:18 am »
Blair, start contacting local Humane Societies, vets, boarding facilities, etc. to see if they have any ideas. Explain that you HAVE to stay because your husband is in law enforcement and the city is not allowing him to leave. Maybe they know someone who is evacuating who can take your dogs with them - even if they have to be split up between a couple people.

Also, call Humane Societies and dane rescue organizations more inland and see if you can find temp. placement for them with a foster home until the storm passes and they can come back home. You still have time to help get them there and at least they will be safe and you won't have to worry about them.

Good luck. Let me know if you need any help. I'd take them, but we're worried about Rita coming here, too.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 09:03:07 am »
Blair, I just sent an e-mail out to my gulf-coast rescue contacts (a couple hundred of them) to see if anyone is near and can help you. Don't worry, girl, we'll find a solution. I'd hate to see Diesel have to float on Mr. Gray's back after Rita hits!!

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Blair

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 09:08:17 am »
I just called a friend, who is willingly to travel with me so I can take my dogs. My husband would have to stay behind  :'(. We would go in my SUV, pack up all the dogs and kids and follow her parents. Now i dont know where we could stay though, thats my other problem. Why couldnt everyone in the USA by dog lovers  :-\

Icerotti

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2005, 09:10:42 am »
Oh Blair, my heart goes out to you in such a situation. It sounds like you have some help in looking for a solution with kindhearted jjfritsche. I hope you find something that works.  You are in our thoughts and prayers too. Please keep safe and keep us updated.
Michelle

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2005, 09:17:11 am »
Many hotels will waive their no pets restrictions or pet deposits during evacuations. Call ahead of time and ask if they are willing to do this for you. Also, check out www.petswelcom e.com for pet-friendly hotels, beds and breakfasts, campgrounds, etc.

Good Luck!

Jeanne

Blair

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2005, 09:20:33 am »
Thank you all so much. I now know why I love this group so much. If we do have to leave I am not sure where we would go, its a play by play right now.

Offline Legends & Sassy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Don't Forget To Hug Your Furbaby Today & Everyday
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2005, 10:01:08 am »
I ahve family in Corpus as well and I haven't heard from them in 3 weeks I've tried calling but no answer I don't know what's going on but I know in my heart they are safe...I will not be any good on a place to stay since I'm in Indiana but if I know of anyone closer to you other than my corpus family I will post ....You are in our thoughts & prayers

DFTHYFBT&E 
                                                           Love & Licks
                                                                 Legends & Brat                 

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2005, 10:26:41 am »
I'm in Southern California.... probably too far, but I hate it that you are in this situation!  Everybody else has had such good ideas!  I'm sure something will work out but please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you!!!  If there's anything we can do, please let us know!