Author Topic: BPO PHONE CHAIN FOR RITA  (Read 18394 times)

Nicole

Re: BPO PHONE CHAIN FOR RITA
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2005, 03:18:23 am »
Good to know, Moni, thanks!

Jeanne...good luck, I'll probably call you later this evening, and if you have to load 16 animals into your Kia, DO IT! hahahahaha! And take lots of pictures! heheheh!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2005, 03:21:21 am »
I'll probably be online tonight so let's strike up a chat. The storm won't get hot and heavy through here 'til tomorrow night/Sat. morning anyway.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2005, 03:23:20 am »
This stuff is making me so nervous! Thanks you guys for keeping tabs on our dear BPO friends!!! I hope everyone makes it to safety!!!!

Nicole

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2005, 03:24:51 am »
Okey-dokey!

I'll look for ya in chat later!

Gotta run and do some math homework now.....REBEKA H....*cough* *adopt Ivan* *cough, cough*....ahem. Scuse me, I had something in my throat....*cough* *Ivan* *cough*.....

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2005, 03:25:33 am »
We remember Andrew... when the wind blew out windows, off boards, and removes roofs....in comes the pounding rain and water. There could be some flooding in the house. Then the wind starts to blow everything around in the house. This is how people and animals receive traumatic injuries. My point is... no one can say for certain where Rita will end up. Your area is a possible hit site. I would rather see you leave and say "that crazy Deena convinced me to go and it wasn't that bad",  rather than" I've lost 8 of my babies and am injured. I need to be rescued."

I'm sorry but I know you are worried and alone. I just don't want you panic if things go wrong. Everyone here does worry about the safety of others.

Deena

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2005, 03:51:50 am »
Believe me, if I were one more parish to the west, I would be trying to figure out how to get out and where to go, but they are no evacuation orders for our parish. You don't know how much it means to me, though Deena that you are worried about me and I definitely am not ignoring your warnings. I'm going to keep a close eye on this thing through the night. I do have crates and carriers ready to go just in case.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

dohertyswissy

« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2005, 04:12:38 am »
I will definitely try to get into chat tonight!  I've got pool league at 8:00 p.m. EDT, but will try to get on!!!

I am soo worried about everyone.  I'm going to plug numbers into my cell right now.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2005, 10:22:22 am »
Hi,

Blair called us around 7p.m. CST. Said she is at her mom's and is ok. I'm certain she'll check in with everyone later.

Deena

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2005, 10:30:39 am »
Add to that worring protection, 44 years worth.  Keep checking in Jeann, since I know you wont be doing any sleeping tonight.  Thinking of you and your babies.

Lisa

Okay.  I'm worrying with you so we can get double the protection from the curse.  If it's worked for 35 years, it's got to work  a few more days!!!
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2005, 11:11:04 am »
Still Sending positive thoughts your way Jeanne! 

Blair also called me and let me know that her, the kids, the dogs, her parents and BEN are in San Angelo, TX.  It was the first place they could find that had openings.  She did say that it was on the second floor, and that it was an interesting job getting a certain Grey and white dane to the second floor.  Seeing how he's never seen stairs before, that is.  ;)  Blair said that she'll get in touch later and thanks for all the thoughts!
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2005, 10:01:11 pm »
It's getting pretty windy and rainy here. The cable just went out - CRUD! I was looking forward to watching Ellen  :'(

We are expecting 25-40 mph winds so that's not too bad. I went outside to look at the roof and one of the tarps is half off. Guess we'll have to tack that soaked park of the roof onto another insurance claim. >:(

But, if all we get is 40mph winds we should be OK. As long as we don't get any tornadoes.

The dogs are going from all lying down on the floor being very good dogs to suddenly jumping up whining, running around nervously. My poor foster from Hurricane Katrina (aptly named "Trina") won't step foot outside. She gets this look of terror in her eyes every time I open the door and she sees the wind and rain. It's no wonder. I found out that when New Orleans flooded she hung in a tree for 26 hours trying to keep from drowning. Poor girl.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2005, 10:10:44 pm »
Oh thats just sad about poor Trina!...breaks my heart!...I am glad you are not going to get hit hard!...Stay safe!!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2005, 10:11:08 pm »
That is just heartbreaking.  Poor Trina. 

I really hope that all you guys get is rain and wind gusts.  Please, please keep us posted. 

I am sooo worried....

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2005, 10:14:24 pm »
It's horrible, isn't it.  All these people having to endure this again.

My brother (if any of you saw the news of the traffic jam out of Houston) is in the line of cars waiting to leave town.  he is headed to Dallas where they will figure it out as my dad says when they get there.  So this one is personal to me.  I never liked the name Rita anyway.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2005, 10:24:27 pm »
How is everything today?  Did everyone make it through the night okay?   Esp. Trina!!!!  Poor girl!!!