Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 2723 times)

Offline RidgeDog

• Gnawer
  • To nap or to play, that is the question.
    • View Profile
Greetings!
« on: September 21, 2005, 09:52:24 pm »
Hello all. I just wanted to say hi and say what a great web site.  I've just started looking a bit and have enjoyed what I've seen so far, especially the great pics.  So I thought I'd share a few photos of my own dogs.  The first picture shows Terra, the big dog.  She's a Rhodesian Ridgeback mix we adopted from the Humane Society, stands about 29 inches at the shoulder and is about 127 lbs.  We had no idea she'd get so big, our previous large dog was a 70lb lab, but the combination of her sweet disposition and large size has won us over as lovers of big dogs.  The smaller dog is Ziba, also a Ridgeback mix we adopted but she topped out just under 50 lbs.  We had hope she'd get bigger but that's the chance you take when adopting but we don't love her any less.  It's amazing how unintimidated she is by Terra's size and will just throw herself onto her and they wrestle and play.  The second picture is of me on a hike a couple years ago with Terra and our old dog Zaibas (may he rest in peace) the black Lab mix.  Well that's all for now and I'll probably post more pics with a little prodding ;)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 11:04:00 pm »
Welcome to BPO.  What great looking doggies you have there.

My name is Chris, and I have a husky/shepherd female Keiko, and my 10 mo old male great dane Gunther.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 11:21:13 pm »
Welcome to BPO!!...I love your dogs!!!...I'm Chelle & I share my life with 13 critter babies of which 2 are dogs...Great Pyrenees to be specific...Sam son turned 1 in July & Pippin is just 7 months...Here they are! ;D

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 02:21:55 am »
Hi! Your dogs are so cute! This is my pyr named Kiah. She's 6 1/2 months old.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 02:33:27 am »
Welcome!    Your dogs are beautiful!!! Consider yourself "prodded"!!! More pics!!!

I have two Newfoundlands:  an almost three year old Landseer (black and white) and a 7 month old brown boy.  They are both best pals to our family of 4 skin-kids and 3 out of control "pound cats"!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 03:37:11 am »
Welcome Ridgedog, Terra, & Zaiba! Those are two great looking dogs in the picture! I'm Jaime and own Bear- a 3 year old male Newf.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline RidgeDog

• Gnawer
  • To nap or to play, that is the question.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 02:31:43 pm »
You all have such wonderful dogs, thanks for sharing.  It is nice to find a place where so many others are unbashful in sharing their love for their canine family members. 
In case anyone was wondering about my dogs names Terra means earth in italian and Ziba in lithuanina translates to shine.  Here's another picture,
Saulius

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 07:51:52 pm »
how beautiful

welcome to BPO

i have 4 ridgebacks and one fila

TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks