Author Topic: 90 dogs from Katrina in Grand Rapids, MI  (Read 2548 times)

lins_saving_grace

90 dogs from Katrina in Grand Rapids, MI
« on: September 22, 2005, 01:51:51 am »
I heard on the news last night that 150 pets (90 dogs) from Louisianna were flown into Grand Rapids, MI last night.  They are being held at the Kent Co. Humane Society and are being fostered waiting for adoption/reunion with their people. 
In case anyone happens to see one there and is interesting in adopting one...I would be more than happy to go look at any of them for you and possibly foster one till arrangements can be made to have them taken to your home.  I don't think they have their pictures up on the website yet...but stay tuned.

http://www.hskc.org/we-help-adopt.htm

this site will have a link to pet finder
this is the link to Kent Co.'s list of pets.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=1&pet.Shelterid=MI283&preview=1
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 02:31:20 am by lins_saving_grace »

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: 90 dogs from Katrina in Grand Rapids, MI
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 02:15:17 am »
Some Kuvasz people are really concerned about the poss. of Kuv being stuck somewhere, if you see one please contact me, I'll see if someone can pull her/him.

Thanks,
Deena

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 02:21:09 am »
i'm sorry!  What?

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 02:27:16 am »
I thought I would let you know that the website you posted goes to a Maryland humane society.
Jenn

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 02:27:51 am »
oh that's not good.  I'll fix it.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 02:32:14 am »
the links above are correct now.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 02:40:07 am »
I'm sorry. There are many individuals who show the Kuvasz breed, a guardian dog breed. They are worried there may be some Kuvasz caught in the storm and homeless. Kuvasz can become aggressive and viscious if kenneled or tied for many days. I would hate to see one put down for this reason. There are pics on this website in the Kuvasz link. (They look similar to a great pyr, but have a wavy/curly coat. They are always white, but of course may look gray to beige if dirty. Their ears are set higher than a pyr and muzzle is not as wide with a more pointed nose.) If you or anyone thinks they see one, let me know. I'd like to help make arrangements to have he/she pulled and rescued. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for having such a big heart!
Deena