Author Topic: Totally off topic - LOST anyone?  (Read 14217 times)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Totally off topic - LOST anyone?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 10:12:31 am »
I think Lock is starting to get jungle fever or something.  He almost seems to be going mad, especially since he got SO obsessed about the hatch.

And sorry ladies, but I don't find Sawyer all that attractive.  I did like Charlie in the beginning (was my favorite Hobbit ya know), but he's turned all weird now.   :P

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2005, 04:11:39 am »
Now that we know what the island is, what do you guys think about it? And how do you feel about the whole execute button thing?

What do you think is going to happen with the group holding the raft guys captive?

do you think jin can really speak english or he just says that one line in the next episode?

RIP former BPO

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2005, 04:18:42 am »
Since I now have to tape all the shows b/c I have a meeting when it is on  :'(  :'( I have missed a bit and need to catch up.  But here is what I think:

Not sure about the execute button.  The film did not give any clues as to why they must push the button (which really annoyed me since Desmond said the film would answer their questions).    Where are the other stations?  I think it said there were 3.  Are the other two on the island also?  Are the "others" just people who've gone mad watching the other stations?  Why did Desmod wonder if everyone had gotten sick.  Were there more people there at one point that did get sick?

I'm not sure about the "others" that have the rafters held captive.  I am curious as to how Jin made it to shore, unless the boat picked him up somewhere.  Hubby picked up right away about the girl and said she was bait and with the other people.

Jin is smart.  Since he spoke the line w/no accent (that I could pick up in the short blip it had), I would say he's been able to speak it the whole time, although that doesn't make much sense since he takes so long to figure out what anyone is talking about.

I guess I'm not much help.  I can never figure out anything on these kinds of shows.  Hubby picks up on them right away.  You watch any kind of mystery show or murder show and right away he knows who did it and why.   :P
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 04:19:48 am by ZooCrew »

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2005, 04:32:28 am »
Where are the other stations?  I think it said there were 3. 
There are 6 total, that's just station #3

Are the other two on the island also?  Are the "others" just people who've gone mad watching the other stations? 
I don't know about the others, the tape was made in the ummm awww crap 60s or 70s.  The French woman was there for 16 years so it's plausible, but a bit too cut and dried for me.
Why did Desmod wonder if everyone had gotten sick.  Were there more people there at one point that did get sick?
I think Jack pointed out that "Don't you think that they just put Quarantine on the hatch to keep you down here?"  maybe they brain washed them to think that the only place they were safe was in the hatch.  Or the island is radio aactive or contaminated ro something

Jin is smart.  Since he spoke the line w/no accent (that I could pick up in the short blip it had), I would say he's been able to speak it the whole time, although that doesn't make much sense since he takes so long to figure out what anyone is talking about.
I think him and Mike have been talkign long enough that he could figure at least that much out.

My grandmother is very upset that Hurley isn't losing weight.  Thankfully they came up with a way he didn't have to! :)  The kids are always in the back of my mind, what're they using them for?  What about the animals?  The Monster?  The Pirates had nothing to do with the other plane survivors or with the hatch, where do they come into play?  AGHHHH 
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2005, 04:34:52 am »
I have to say that overall I am quite pleased with the first three eps of this season.  It answered our questions in a way that didn't really answer them, if you know what I mean, but I am ok with that.  I loved all the revelations that we did get, and I am hooked in even deeper...

I am not convinced that the "Others" that Michael, Jin and Sawyer (MiJiSa!) met are the real "Others".  I think they are the survivors from the tail who think that MiJiSa are "Others".  That would mean that there are other "Others" and I don't know who those people are....  Although, I have heard some theories floating around about the guy with the beard from the boat and the woman looking like older versions of a couple of the scientists from the orientation film...  Who was Ethan?  Another scientist?

I don't know about Jin speaking English.  It would be very frustrating to get worked up over it and discover that it is a dream sequence, or that they just couldn't sub-title the promo or something...  But, I agree, it seems like he has had trouble understanding English, and you think that in times of stress, more than a word or two might have slipped out.  If he did get a boat ride back to shore, what does that mean?  Is he an "Other"?  Michael and Sawyer did drift around out there for a little bit before finally floating back to the island, so I guess Jin could have swam directly back... But doesn't it seem weird that he wouldn't float around looking for Mike and Sawyer for awhile?  And that he would have gotten back quickly enough to be taken captive and escaped, all before they got to shore?

I don't really know what will happen if they stop entering the numbers and pushing the execute button.  I don't know if I believe it is a fake or an experiment or what.  Remember it is supposedly a precaution put into place after an "incident" on the island, so if it is a hoax, wouldn't the "incident" have to have been too...?

So confused, but so loving it!...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 04:36:03 am by grumpybunny »
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2005, 04:41:42 am »

I don't really know what will happen if they stop entering the numbers and pushing the execute button.  I don't know if I believe it is a fake or an experiment or what.  Remember it is supposedly a precaution put into place after an "incident" on the island, so if it is a hoax, wouldn't the "incident" have to have been too...?

So confused, but so loving it!...

Ooooo Maybe, the code keeps something at bay or contained?  Like something bad happened, either monster or experiment or whatever.  And the code is like a constant vigilance thing.  And explosion is TOO cheesy and if that's it I will never ever watch Lost again!

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2005, 04:58:51 am »
I love this show, I have loved it since the first minute, when the Golden Retriever ran over the guy laying on the ground--it left me as disoriented as that guy was--and I love that I really don't know that much more about what's going on now than I did then!  Oh, I know that the guy is Jack, and the dog is Vincent-but for everything that gets solved, 10 more questions open up.

Now: at least one of the other stations is where Sayid found Danielle, the Crazy Frenchwoman.

My PERSONAL theory about the Others is that they're somehow related to the Black Rock--maybe a pirate crew that got stranded there--and who were carrying some kind of communicable disease.

It's clear that there have been a LOT of different points of contact on the island--the Black Rock landed people, 30 years ago the Dharma people came, Danielle (who may not be part of the Dharma group, just using their station for shelter) and her group who were all infected, Desmond crashed his boat--so there's something deeper than just this Dharma Initiative going on, and I think it would be a mistake to assume that we know who all the players are yet. 

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2005, 01:57:08 am »
Julie, I absolutely cried at that part, and kept going right through Shannon feeding Vincent the potato chips and hugging him, up to everyone loving on Hurley for bringing them the food. 

Bernard introduces an interesting dynamic - the tail section survivors seem very suspicious about the other survivors (and apparently they have some basis for fear seeing as The Others have apparently done horrible things to all but about 6 of them) and very unwilling to trust them. 

But now they have at least one guy in their group that is really going to be pulling for them all to join up....  Which I think they probably will at some point, otherwise how will you achieve your Kate-Jack-Sawyer-Ana Lucia love triangle? 

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2005, 02:03:51 am »
I am really happy for Rose. Eventhough she was never a big part of the show, I always liked her, and now I am sure she is going to get her husband back :)

I think that the tail section people will join the original group, but I think there will be a fracture between 'hatch' people and 'beach' people
RIP former BPO

Offline lilysmom

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2005, 02:10:56 am »
Have any of you figured out what the execute button is for?  Do you know why they have to push it?  Do you know why the hatch said quarantine inside?  do you know why he asked if anyone had gotten sick?   I do, he he he.  Want to know?
When I rescued Lily, she rescued me right back!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2005, 02:11:32 am »
I am happy for Rose too - I just think it is cool that she always knew Bernard was alive...

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2005, 02:38:42 am »
done horrible things to all but about 6 of them

I''ll have to rewind and try to count, but I'll bet that there are eight of them. 

Because they started with 23--one of Hurley's numbers. 

And if there are 8, then they've lost 15--both Hurley's numbers. 

JJA and DL have said that Rose will be a lot more involved in this second season; she's apparently quite significant to the overall arc. 

I loved Hurley already, but didn't your heart just break for him?  And I thought his solution of a beach barbecue was completely inspired. 

But consider this:  Do you think the nutty guy Hurley got the numbers from in the asylum might have been The Guy Desmond Replaced? 

Because I think there's a way both ON and OFF this island.  That store room looked pretty full of food, yet Hurley said the inventory would only have fed Desmond for another 3 months--if that amount of food filled up the room that much, then somewhere along the line, there's been RESUPPLY.  Desmond may not have made any contact--in fact, SHOULDN'T have made contact, given that he was in quarantine--but supplies could have been brought to the island, left in the "front door" area, and Desmond could have brought them into the storage room from there. 

IF my crazy theory holds, then the Nut in the Hospital that Hurley learned the numbers from escaped from the island with a resupply group, and that means that there is probably a resupply ship COMING BACK. 

Maybe the RESUPPLY people are the OTHERS.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 02:39:19 am by NoDogNow »
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2005, 02:48:00 am »
But consider this:  Do you think the nutty guy Hurley got the numbers from in the asylum might have been The Guy Desmond Replaced? 
I had that same thought. I believe that the asylum guy was deffinately involved in the island and got off somehow
RIP former BPO

GR8DAME

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2005, 03:16:53 am »
If you subscribe to the theory that Hurley's mental friend was involved in that station, wouldn't the next leap be that the others (that took walt) are the survivors from the other stations? They have now gone insane and are treating the plane survivors like lab rats, theirs to torture and kill in the name of science? They steal the children as a form of procreation, since majority of them seem to be male? Just a shot in the dark. ???
Stella

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2005, 04:35:59 am »
If you subscribe to the theory that Hurley's mental friend was involved in that station, wouldn't the next leap be that the others (that took walt) are the survivors from the other stations? They have now gone insane and are treating the plane survivors like lab rats, theirs to torture and kill in the name of science? They steal the children as a form of procreation, since majority of them seem to be male? Just a shot in the dark. ???
Stella

But then wouldn't they just take female kids?  I mean Walt is a boy, I can't remember if Danielle's baby Alex was a boy or a girl, and I think Claire's baby was a boy.