Author Topic: Totally off topic - LOST anyone?  (Read 14236 times)

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Totally off topic - LOST anyone?
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2005, 10:32:50 am »
I missed it tonight... what happened?!?
"The more boys I meet the more I like dogs"

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

I'm blonde... whats your exc

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2005, 05:05:58 pm »
LOST HAS RETURNED. 

I'm a suspicious sort.  I'm not convinced that:

1--Shannon is even dead.  I think she may just be shot. 

2--That Ana Lucia shot her.  It didnt' look at all to me as if Sayid were looking at the whole group of Tailies+Raftes--he seemed to only be looking at one person.

I think the "cast away lost forever" might be that dark haired Tailie chick. 

I'll be kinda mad if it's Shannon.  If it's Shannon, there won't be anymore Boone flashbacks!

In other news,  does Jack have any antibiotics left?  Or is he going to have to cut off Sawyer's arm, do you think?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 05:06:42 pm by NoDogNow »
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2005, 12:38:51 am »
BLAST! I missed it again! But I'll hopefully will be able to see it next week!!

Fill me in peeps!  ;D

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2005, 12:13:02 pm »
BLAST! I missed it again! But I'll hopefully will be able to see it next week!!

Fill me in peeps!  ;D

This is the recap from televisionwith outpity.com . They do amusing recaps.

So Lost's going to kill off one of the characters tonight, is it? Who could it be? Could it be Sawyer, who keeps collapsing as the Tailaways trek to the other side of the island? Could it be Cindy or Libby or Abby or Gabby or whoever the h*ll that Tailaway is who suddenly disappears? Or could it be the character the show spends an hour makin' all sympathetic? Well, as sympathetic as you can make a spoiled princess. When Shannon's rich daddy dies and she gets no money, she stops being spoiled by her heartless stepmom, and is forced to make it on her own. And we all know how that turns out -- with her scamming her stepbrother by taking advantage of his feelings for her. Shannon, please let us know when we're supposed to feel sorry for you. Sayid's definitely on board the Love Shannon Express, having spent a few minutes making her the nicest tent on the island, and he tells Shannon he loves her. So much for Nadia, I guess. Shannon sees Walt again and goes chasing off into the jungle after him, in yet another of her You-Think-I'm-A-Joke?-Well-I'll-Show-You storylines. And she sees Walt again, and this time it appears that Sayid sees him too, although I'm not convinced that Sayid didn't just say he did, trying to calm a hysterical Shannon.
The Tailways' journey involves MacGyvering this amazing stretcher to carry Sawyer, and Michael finally asks what happened with the Others, and Ana-Lucia says the Others snatched up many of the crash survivors, which doesn't really tell us a lot, since that's kind of what we guessed, isn't it? Anyway, Ana-Lucia says the Others are dangerous, and one bullet in one gun ain't gonna stop them.

Maybe she shouldn't have mentioned the gun, because everyone knows that when you introduce a gun in the first act, it must go off in the third. And when Shannon goes running off into the bushes again, that single bullet from an on-edge Ana-Lucia is certainly enough to send a gut-shot Shannon back into the arms of her redemptive new love. Sayid no like Ana-Lucia. Sayid no like Ana-Lucia at all.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 12:15:50 pm by shangrila »
RIP former BPO

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2005, 12:57:09 pm »
Shangrila, I absolutely LOVE Television Without Pity!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline MustLove Dogs

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2005, 01:23:22 pm »
LOL, thanks!

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2005, 04:37:31 pm »
Shangrila, I absolutely LOVE Television Without Pity!

I think there is almost nothing better than TWoP.  The snark, the snap, the bitterness...

There's very little bitterness around here.  TWoP provides the RDA of the bitter for your sense of humor's sake.

And me no like Ana Lucia either, even if she really DIDN'T shoot Shannon.  It would be far too straightforwar d for her to have shot Shannon, and I don't think that JA and DL would do it. 

Something sneaky is going on, I betcha...

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2006, 06:50:14 pm »
Bumping, BECAUSE IT'S BACK!  I don't know how I'm going to stand it until 9 pm. 

Apparently, Kate is going to be cutting Sawyer's scraggly hair, which means....

SHIRTLESS SAWYER!  (All women drool together.  Men, ignore us.

I don't htink it's Walt on the computer.  Even if the Others have a computer, why would Walt type on it?  The kid's 10!  He's never seen a non-GUI operated computer in his life.  What would make him type on it??

I don't think it's Walt. 

In other news...Any GH people here?  I just read that Robert Scorpio will be returning to the canvas. 

Hope he kicks Sonny's @ss. 

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2006, 07:05:44 pm »
No way, Robert Scorpio?  That is back in the day!  Is that same guy playing him, wasn't it Tristan something?  That is cool.  But, I do kinda like Sonny.  Or at least I did.  I don't know what he has been up to lately...

I can not wait for LOST tonight.  I am just barely hanging on....

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2006, 08:06:11 pm »
Tristan Rogers.  Other girls were having their adolescent fantasies over Rick Springfield--me, I was ALL about Tristan Rogers. 

Who could resist that Aussie accent?  Tristan/Robert was really the FIRST of the Aussie imports--Mel Gibson didn't hit the media with The Road Warrior until more than a year after Robert started steaming up the GH screen with Tiffany. 

Sonny...Well.. .

I love Maurice Benard as an actor, and he makes Sonny as a character appealing. 

But I HATE the mob story. 

I was a HARD CORE GH girl.  Started watching it because my MOM watched it, and remember clearly laying on the couch pretending to be sick, watching Steve and Audrey's wedding--the 2nd one, that lasted. The first cursing I ever learned was 'that son of a b**ch Phil Brewer'--I thought it was all one long word--I've never been able to watch poor Roy Thinnes in ANYTHING without hating him for being so terrible to Jessie. 

I remember when Leslie found out Laura wasn't dead; and when Laura killed David Hamilton and Leslie went to jail for her.

I remember when the Alan was the only Quartermaine in town, and Monica was still having an affair with Richard Dean Anderson. 

My parents bought their first VCR just so I could timeshift GH. 

I remember exactly what happened between Luke and Laura.  I had the tape from that day for a long, long time. 

Luke's first mob story was...differen t.  Gloria Monty shifted the whole tone of the show with Luke as a character, and she used the mob connection to do it. 

But she got Luke out of the mob.  Not realistically--OK, the Ice Princess was probably the 3rd most ridiculous plot ever on a soap, surpassed only by Viki's trip to Heaven and Marlena's trip to h*ll.  But that 'adventure/mystery' element that Gloria Monty brought to daytime with Luke and Robert--well, it saved the soaps.

But since Pratt and Guza started with their ridiculous "Sonny the Saintly Mobster" stories--I've just had less and less and less interest in what's been going on.  I finally gave up when Laura went crazy.  If those people were SO STUPID as to give up Genie Francis as Laura and focus on Carly the Harlot? 

I just don't need it. 

I will give Robert a chance.  Only because I want to see him with Robin. 

No, Robin didn't lure me back.  Because they've got her involved in SONNY'S bloody story. 

I'm not interested in Sonny's mob crap.  He's even absorbed the CASADINES. 

I will give Robert a chance.  But I doubt I go back to GH as long as Pratt and Guza are writing it.  They SUCK.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 08:27:33 pm by Jacksmom »
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2006, 11:42:44 am »
I remember when the Alan was the only Quartermaine in town, and Monica was still having an affair with Richard Dean Anderson. 
Remember when Alan was trying to kill Monica?  Those were the good old days....

Lost was good too.  I don't care what he has done - I love Mr. Eko!

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2006, 02:47:33 pm »
Alan was trying to kill Monica

All three times! 

I especially loved the roof scheme that landed on Alan's own head.  Not that I blamed him for wanting to kill her.  It was bad enough that she was sleeping with Rick while she was married to Jeff.  But to KEEP sleeping with Rick after she'd married Prince Charming (do you remember Stuart Damon in Cinderella?) was just beyond the pale as far as I was concerned.  I never blamed Alan for any of his affairs; Monica started it, and while tit for tat might be childish IRL, it makes for good soap opera.

I love Mr. Eko!

I do too.  Because even with all the bad warlordy things he was up to, he had good underlying reasons --saving his brother to begin with, getting the drugs out of his OWN country, which has trouble enough as it is--he was caught in a web that he wasn't entirely responsible for.  And I totally take the psalm at the end of as a rejection of everything he was before, and of taking responsibility moving forward. 

WHAT THE CRAP WAS IN THE CLOUD????

I have a theory why it STAYED a cloud--I think somehow it reads what you're scared of and manifests that, some kind of nanotechnology-hologram thing--but what was IN it?  Because that cloud is what Locke was talking about when he told Jack that he'd looked into the heart of the Island and it was beautiful.  And I couldn't tell what it was.  Any clues?

Charlie isn't hoarding the Virgin Marys for the smack.  The real mystery about the heroin  is why Charlie didn't tell Jack about it, when he knows Jack's short on pharmaceutical s!   I think those Virgins are going to come up significant at some point.  It looks like he's got enough stashed to put a significant population of people to sleep for a couple of hours at least.  The question is, who and why?

Michael is an idiot.  Jack TOLD him they were going to help him get Walt back--why is he running off half cocked?  I know, Walt's his kid; but he has to know that he's not competent enough at either wood craft OR gunplay to get him back alone!  Is he planning to join the Others?  They clearly don't want him, or they'd have taken him off the raft.

I'm beginning to hate Michael. 

And I was severely disappointed in the shirtless but TOWEL COVERED Sawyer. 

That's just not fair. 

Sheryl, Dogless and sad