Author Topic: Totally off topic - LOST anyone?  (Read 14124 times)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Totally off topic - LOST anyone?
« on: September 22, 2005, 04:00:46 am »
OK, anybody love LOST like I do?  Anybody watch it last night?  Anybody have any thoughts on.....

How Jack remembered a guy that he met, like, for two minutes about 10 years ago? 

The significance of the hatch saying "QUARANTINED" on the inside, when it can only be opened from the inside?

Why Hurley was in a mental hospital?

Whether that was really Walt, Walt's ghost, or a psychic projection of Walt in the forest? 

(BTW, that whole scene with Walt freaked me out!  Hold me, Sawyer.....    :D)
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
Re: Totally off topic - LOST anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 04:05:22 am »
Hold me Sawyer??!!!  Too funny!
My husband got me hooked on Lost, and neither of us are t.v. people, but we make it a point to catch this show.
I can't wait for next week when supposedly we will find out what happened to the rafters, and everyone else. I love this show. Love it!!! (We LOVE Sarah!!)

Vicki

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 04:22:03 am »
STOP TALKING ABOUT LOST!   Matt's mom works at Blockbuster.  As such we get to see movies for a week before they come out (We can watch them for no charge from the minute they get checked into the store), but when they do come out we can't see them for a month, or we'd have to *GASP* pay for them.  Well I'd never seen LOST and Matt's mom brought the First Season DVDs home.  Remember I only get to stay there for a day or two at a time.  First season is split into either 5,6 or 7 DVDs.  Can't remember, not that it matters because I only got to see the first TWO!  I am totally obsessed now and I HATE not understanding new stuff.  Can't wait to finish watching the rest so I can enjoy the new episodes. 
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 04:56:13 am »
Sorry Ang.
We love Lost, and tune in every week for our fix. If one of the kids are inconsiderate enough to have a hockey game or school function it gets taped for later viewing. Wouldn't miss it.
Stella

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 05:03:22 am »
STOP TALKING ABOUT LOST!   Matt's mom works at Blockbuster.  As such we get to see movies for a week before they come out (We can watch them for no charge from the minute they get checked into the store), but when they do come out we can't see them for a month, or we'd have to *GASP* pay for them.  Well I'd never seen LOST and Matt's mom brought the First Season DVDs home.  Remember I only get to stay there for a day or two at a time.  First season is split into either 5,6 or 7 DVDs.  Can't remember, not that it matters because I only got to see the first TWO!  I am totally obsessed now and I HATE not understanding new stuff.  Can't wait to finish watching the rest so I can enjoy the new episodes. 

Ang, the Blockbuster thing rocks, huh?  I used to work at the zone office of Blockbuster and we would get previews of the movies from the studios, as enticement to stock them in the stores.  It was all fun and games til a bad experience with a preview copy of "The Blair Witch Project"....

OK, enough of that!  Sorry, Ang, but I gotta talk about it!

Here is another thought - I used to like Charlie, but now he is starting to bug me.  Is anyone else finding themselves unreasonably annoyed by him?  And is that on purpose (i.e. specifically done by the writers for a reason)? 

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 06:12:17 am »
We LOVE Lost at my house. In fact, I am ironically rewatching last night's dvr at this very moment.

Here are my thoughts about your questions...An y, you might not want to read the rest of this post ;)

It does not suprise me that jack remembered that guy. It may have only been for a few minutes and it may have been years ago, but it was on the night of one of the most crucial events in jack's life. That lasy that jack operates on goes on to be his wife, and the fact that she can walk is a miracle. The night that jack did her operation, met that guy, and then found out she wasn't paralyzed afterall would deffinately be burnt into his memory.... What I want to know is the guys role: is it a coincidence that he met jack, or is it related to him being on the island? And has that guy met the other survivors?

I too think it is weird that the 'quarantined' is written on the inside of the hatch - what is supposed to be the quarantine, the hatch, or the rest of the island. I think it is the hatch that is supposed to be the quarantine, and that there is another entrance to the cave. What I really want to know though is what that guy was shooting in his arm.

I am not sure about hurley and the hospital. Last season when they showed that I thought that he has been and orderly, but last night it implied he was a patient. I am sure we will learn more about it in his next flashback episode.

I think that it was really Walt that was in the jungle. I think this because he was soaking wet and he whispered to her. I think he escaped the pirates in the ocean and that is why he is wet, and now he is hiding from them. I have replayed his whispering a couple times and I am not sure, but I think he says "I have something they want" and then something else I have no clue about. Remember walt has weird physchic powers or something about, which we know from the bird and the polar bear and a few other examples. If any castaway has a weird physic thing going on, it is deffinately walt.

I don't find charlie particularly annoying. I think he is going through a hard time because he is struggling with his drug addiction still (he thought he was through with withdrawl, but then he found those drugs on the plane and that meant another internal struggle) and also he is maturing and turning himself into a very protective  father figure for the baby with is really hard for a former permanent screw up.
RIP former BPO

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 06:28:36 am »
Great!  Now you guys have me on teh site reading through recaps!   >:(

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 06:46:32 am »
AAARRRRGGGHHH!!! 

I missed it last night!!  In fact, I may have to start taping it.  I have choir practice on Wed nights, and won't get home until 9:30 or so, 1/2 way thru the show.   :'(  :'(  :'(

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 10:42:18 pm »
I finished all the recaps.  That sucked :(  But now I know what everyone's talking about!  They didn't have recaps of the new season though so I'm gonna have to hobble on that. 

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 12:00:40 am »
I might have to check them out.  I just checked and I can rent them from Blockbuster online (which I love, love, love, love, love) and it would probably give my hubbie a break from my endless nights of watching MST3K movies and shorts LOL. 

Heh heh, The Chicken of Tomorrow!  (singing) "Eat and grow, forever..."  I love that one and the cheating one...  "I will bring you down, Billy!"

Julie, your ideas aren't that far out there....  We know that the monster is the island's "security system", but what is it protecting?  If your theory was correct, maybe it is protecting the boundaries of the experiment...  But what about The Black Rock?  How does that play in?  How long has the experiment been going on? 

I just hope that whatever the eventual outcome is, it isn't wholly scientific.  I just think it would be cool if it had at least some kind of supernatural element to it.  The one thing that still makes me think there might be some of that floating around is Locke's reaction when he saw the monster.  He was in awe.  And then, when he described it to Jack, he said something to the effect of "I have looked into the eye (heart?) of this island, and what I saw was beautiful."  That doesn't seem like something he would say about something scientific, especially since he is a self-proclaimed "man of faith". 

I really have no clue what all is going on, but I can't wait to find out - I am totally hooked.  And, BTW, I didn't even have it all that badly for Sawyer all last season.  OK, maybe a little bit.   :D  But when he was on the raft with his Last Samurai hairdo and his super angry, brooding look when they tried to take Walt, I was like (insert Butthead voice) "Come to Marsi..."    ;D

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2005, 12:36:59 am »
In my opinion Locke is getting skrewy and selfish.  Before (Even from the episodes I actally SAW) he was trying to help people and bring them all together, getting Charlie off of drugs, finding Vincent but letting it look like Michael did it.  Now it all seems to be about him.  And I think the monster knows it.  Note how last time Locke had an encounter with it, he actually started to run because he knew it was pissed.  I almost wish that he had gone down the hole because I REALLY want to know what this monster thing is. 

As for Man flesh..... I dunno I'm having a hard time deciding

GR8DAME

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 02:25:45 am »
And don't forget, Locke has the mnost to lose by solving the mystery of the island. He was in a wheelchair on the plane, and miraculously "cured" by the island...Nothi ng is for free, and if the island giveth, the island can taketh away. I don't think he can be trusted.
Stella

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 02:48:27 am »
BooHoo, you are all talking about Blockbuster.  Well, we started the video rental business - us independent retailers.  Niki worked in our store delivering movies to people.  Then --- they opened a Blockbuster next door and even though it was never a better deal, just they had the advertising dollars so people went to them like sheep.  Then Niki got put out of work and there are hardly any independent video store retailers left, at least where I live.  Sorry, all, I am just venting when I hear the name Blockbuster.   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Thanks for letting me vent.  Niki and I do volunteer work but it is still not the same.

Peggy
Peggy

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 05:38:26 am »
And don't forget, Locke has the mnost to lose by solving the mystery of the island. He was in a wheelchair on the plane, and miraculously "cured" by the island...Nothi ng is for free, and if the island giveth, the island can taketh away. I don't think he can be trusted.
Stella

I think you are right.  I love me some Locke (especially when he is being warm, wise, kind, twinkly-eyed Locke), but I think he would do almost anything to keep the use of his legs. 

Remember, he actually started to have problems with them right before Boone's death, and that freaked him out big time.  And, yes, his somewhat casual response to Boone's death and the comment, "The island demanded a sacrifice..." are a little creepy in that same vein.  It is almost like, "Hmmmm, Boone is a nice kid and all, but he looks pretty expendable, and I sure do like this walking thing..." 

I wonder if we will eventually find out how Locke came to be in the wheelchair - I think that may tell us a lot. 

Terry O'Quinn sure is a great actor though. 

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 07:57:14 am »
Marsi,

Good point about the the look of awe on Locke's face and the length of time...It's so weird. I'm with you. I'd be bummed if it were *all* scientific. I just love that show. As for our beautiful Sawyer, I love that angry look, too. You know that little round muscle guys get on their jaw when they are mad or clenching their teeth?  Yeah, he does that very well. Swoonnnnn. 

Julie
I'm guessing you guys are in the "love those bad boys" club!!! ::) When I was a teenager my dad used to call it "bringing home strays" If you were an upstanding citizen, I wasn't interested!!  I agree, the show is captivating and the writers do a great job of keeping you guessing. Good job w/ the special effects too.