Author Topic: New member, hello!  (Read 2023 times)

Offline rachelburks

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
New member, hello!
« on: September 22, 2005, 10:10:13 pm »
Hi, I'm Rachel, mommy to a 2-year old Chocolate Lab bitch named Shelby.  We live in Birmingham, Alabama along with my husband Zachary and a fat old cat named Sammy.  Shelby's a pretty girl who just started heartworm treatment, and I ran across this site while looking up info on that.  Glad to be here.  Last month, we adopted a Rottweiler mix (named him Satchmo) from a co-worker of mine, and just four days after we brought him home he died.  I'm 99% sure he contracted Parvo from the yard at our new house, which was home to 3 pugs and a terrier of some sort (not to mention all manner of strays).  Turns out he didn't get his first round of shots.  That taught me a hard lesson, so now we're doing everything we can to be the best mommy and daddy to our beautiful girl.
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry

Kiahpyr

Re: New member, hello!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 10:58:11 pm »
Welcome! I'm April and this is my great pyrenees Kiah. I also have 3 cats & 2 lizards. I'm so sorry about your puppy. We live and learn. Kiah's had many problems even though she's up to date on shots. Here's hoping the best for your furbabies.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 11:46:04 pm »
Hi Rachel!!!  I'm so sorry to hear of your bad luck with your four-legged babies!  Losing one so soon after getting him....what a heartbreak!  And now, trying to deal with heart worm!  You'll get lots of support here, though!

I have two Newfoundlands:  a black & white (Landseer) boy who is almost 3 and a 7 month old brown puppy.  They are the best things in the whole world!!  Let's not talk about the 3 crazy cats we have living with us as well.....

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 12:16:12 am »
I'm so glad that you are here and I look forward to seeing pics of your furkids.  :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 09:00:30 am »
Sorry to hear of your loss.  That is rough.

But welcome to the group, though.  My name is Chris, and I have a husky/shep named Keiko, and a great dane puppy Gunther