Author Topic: Jean Dodds challenges rabies vaccine  (Read 4460 times)

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
    • Mickey's Gold Bead Adventure
Jean Dodds challenges rabies vaccine
« on: September 19, 2005, 08:47:40 am »
Hi All,

Please take some time to read the attached article.
http://www.newsday.com/mynews/ny-lspets4432971sep19,0,1274963.column

Jean Dodds is an immunologist at the forefront of studies on vaccinosis. 

Ms. Dodds is starting the Rabies Challenge Fund, among other things they are looking to prove the correlation between Rabies vaccines and immune-mediated disorders.

If your pocketbook allows, please also donate to the fund and help this wonderful group protect our babies from the dangers of over vaccination!

FYI, I am not in any way affiliated with Ms. Dodds or her organization.
-Ericka

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. -Albert Einstein

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Jean Dodds challenges rabies vaccine
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 09:10:10 am »
I think is great. One of my cats had a reaction to his last rabies vaccine and if we didn't live a mile from our vet he probly would not be hear today. I am glad that someone is going to do research on it.
Jenn

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 09:24:49 am »
Oh thank GOD.

I love Dr. Dodds.

I send all my blood to her when I'm testing. (thyroid, vWD...which I need to get done, both of them....)

I would be ecstatic if I only had to vax my dogs twice in their lifetime for rabies.
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 11:04:31 am »
Dr. Dodds is great. 

I'm still debating (not very hard....I think I've made up my mind!) in not vaccinating Cowboy any more.  With his having cluster seizures from epilepsy, it seems absolutely stupid to vaccinate him and take a chance that I could give him, gasp, more seizures! It just seems idiotic!  I've discussed it with his various vets, and, in California, a vet's license could be taken away if he doesn't get his rabies shot.  If I don't tell, and keep him out of the state's records, how would they know?  I'd hate to jeordize his vets' lives in any way, but what is the other down side?????

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 11:12:03 am »
Dr. Dodds is great. 

I'm still debating (not very hard....I think I've made up my mind!) in not vaccinating Cowboy any more.  With his having cluster seizures from epilepsy, it seems absolutely stupid to vaccinate him and take a chance that I could give him, gasp, more seizures! It just seems idiotic!  I've discussed it with his various vets, and, in California, a vet's license could be taken away if he doesn't get his rabies shot.  If I don't tell, and keep him out of the state's records, how would they know?  I'd hate to jeordize his vets' lives in any way, but what is the other down side?????

In many states a vet can 'excuse' a dog from the rabies vaccine for medical reasons.  Anyone have any info on CA?
-Ericka

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. -Albert Einstein

Offline RedyreRottweilers

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Redyre Rottweilers
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 11:34:31 am »
I would recommend you find a good holistic vet to consult with.

They will have information on it if there is any medical way to exempt him from the vaccine.

I know Kansas State does Rabies titers, I had one done there on my old girl when I decided not to vax her any more. Hers was out the ROOF and she has not had Rabies vax in 5 years.
Redyre Rottweilers
redyre@carolina.rr.com
No part of this message may be forwarded without my permission.

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2005, 11:57:47 am »
My beagle has epilepsy and my vet changed his yearly vaccine to a every 3 years but would not excempt him from the rabies, which in Viriginia is every 3 years too. 

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2005, 12:11:18 pm »
I would recommend you find a good holistic vet to consult with.

I did have him at a holistic vet for acupuncture and he's the one who did the research on the legal implications of expempting him from vax.  He was willing to take the chance but I'd hate to have him be held liable.  I'm thinking, though, of contact Dr. Dodds since she's in this area and seeing what she has to say.  It is not too extreme to say that the rabies vaccine could kill him.

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 07:41:33 am »
bump
-Ericka