Author Topic: Thank you all  (Read 3443 times)

Offline wantabigpaw

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Thank you all
« on: September 27, 2005, 01:45:42 am »
Hi,
This site and this board have changed my outlook on life.  I own a golden/chow mix that's been with me for 15 years.  She (Spot, Digger, Digs, Diggydoo - take your pick) is an 80lb lap dog whose age is rapidly catching up.  I was forced to move from a house on Long Island to a 3rd floor apartmnet in Maryland.  My dad was happy to keep her, and I was happy she could stay.  He's got a yard and a deck and a 80lb golden named Farfel.  I'm glad that she will live out her days with my dad and her golden buddy and with my frequent visits.

I see such compassion and dedication on these boards.  I know in my heart that as much as i miss my girl, a 3rd floor apartment is NO PLACE for a dog - especially since i'm gone from 7am -7pm every day. 

So for now, i'll dream of a mastiff puppy named Duncan, or a beautiful Boxer mix named Tara, or just that my babygirl digger could be less than 230 miles away.  I'll dream those things, and I'll live vicariously through all of you.  Through your puppies and your potty training, and your chewed shoes and your puppies that eat rocks and pinecones.

I've recently felt lost with the passing of my my grandmother, mother, a close friend of 15 years, and some other tradigies. Your stories, your pictures and the love you show for your pets are filling me with hope.

My lease is up in March - i'm looking for a yard - a fence and some furry big-paw'd love.

Thank for letting me watch you all play together.
SC

Nicole

Re: Thank you all
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 01:51:38 am »
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

We are more than happy to have you aboard! Just because your baby isn't physically with you all the time, doesn't make her any less a part of your life! You can share her (and your dad's doggie!) with us as if she were with ya all the time! And by that, I mean PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES!!

Its glad to have you here, and thanks for appreciating us! :D You'll soon become a member of the family. Does your dad get on-line? Give him our site! That way he can post pictures and updates for everyone!

Its sad that you had to move far away from her, but like you said, you can live vicariously through us, and talk about her as much as you want!

So, welcome, welcome, welcome....and we'll be waiting for pictures and more about Digger.

Oh, BTW, I'm Nicole, and I've got a 6 year old Newf/Chow mix named Cabeza. He's a super-sweety pie. Here's his picture:

Offline wantabigpaw

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 01:59:52 am »
Thanks for the welcome.  I have to think after seeing your pic that someone has been lying to me about the "golden" in my Golden/chow mix.

I'm trying to attach her pic below.  She was in snow, and 14 years old - - but wow.  8 years ago - she could have been a littermate of your beautiful boy. 

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 02:14:23 am by wantabigpaw »

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 02:18:17 am »
Wow! They do look alike! Digger could have some Newf in her! Why do you think she's Chow? Does she have a purple tongue? You're right....I don't necessarily see any Golden either. Either way, she's a super cutie and thanks for sharing her! Where did you get her? Cabeza came from the Raleigh, NC Animal Shelter. I was going to foster him for my friend's rescue group. Just until he had his heartworm treatment. hehehehe! He had his heartworm treatment five years ago, and guess what? hehehehe! He's still here!

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 02:25:08 am »
What a nice post. Welcome.  I'm sorry you have to be so far away from your dog.  Where in Maryland do you live?  I live in Westminster, MD.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 02:43:22 am »
Thank you for joining us!  What I have found about this group is that  Big Paws Only is in all of our heads.....we just adore all dogs;  not just ours and each others, but the dogs on all the rescue sites, in the news,  neighbors dogs and just about any dog walking down the street .  So even if your dog is living with your dad, you'll still fit right in!  BPO is an attitude (sometimes maybe it should be all capitals:  ATTITUDE!!!!!!) not just the size of the dogs paws.

I think you are doing the exact right thing for your baby!  He's got someone to love him, a place to stretch out in the sun and a playmate!  What could be better!

I have two Newfs:  Cowboy and Chester.  Cowboy is a big ole Landseer (black and white) who is almost 3 and the puppy, Chester who is a brown sweetheart.

Welcome!!!

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 02:44:59 am »
Newflvr, you are SO RIGHT! That was perfectly said. BPO is an attitude. And it ISN'T just about our own dogs. That's why we are ALL Aunties and Uncles here...hahahah ha! (to our dogs and everyone else's dogs!)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 03:17:51 am »
I am glad you are here with us!...You did the right thing for your ol' gal!!!...I will keep my fingers crossed that you get just the right place for a big dog when you are able to move! :)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2005, 03:26:26 am »
Yup, BPO isn't just for people who HAVE big dogs, it's for people who LOVE big dogs!!

And, until you can get a place where you can have big paws of your own running around, why don't you look into volunteering at your local humane society or animal shelter to get your furry fix!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2005, 03:38:13 am »
I am so happy that you have joined the site and are enjoying yourself here. I think we have all lived vicariously through others at one time or another. We do love our big pawed dogs and big paw dog lovers so you fit right in!
And, I just wanted to say that I agree with Nicole about your dog. It looks a little more Newf/Lab mix than Chow.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.