Author Topic: Just want to introduce myself and my Pyr, Roxy!  (Read 6572 times)

Offline Roxy Poxy

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Just want to introduce myself and my Pyr, Roxy!
« on: September 23, 2005, 09:17:34 am »
Hi Everyone!
    My name is Stephanie and I have an almost 3 yr old Great Pyrenees named Roxy.  I want to start out by saying how fabulous and fun this site is!   My life revolves around Roxy, and she knows it!  She has a personality that drives me crazy...in a good way!  Roxy is a perfect combination of love, loyalty, goofiness, mischief, trouble, curiosity, and smarts!  She loves everybody she meets and can make people fall in love with her the minute they meet her.  Roxy isn't what some consider a "typical" all white Pyr. She has a big black spot on her rump and a black head with white eyebrows...thi s girl has character and I love her!  Sadly, we almost lost Roxy this past March when she became very sick.  We didn't know what was wrong with her; she didn't eat, didn't want to go for walks, became lethargic, and wouldn't respond to her name when we called it.  Her body temperature dropped down to near-death levels and she went into shock.  Roxy was diagnosed with Addison's Disease and had to be rushed to the Animal Emergency Center of Arizona.  Roxy spent 5 very expensive, but worth every penny, nights at the Emergency Center. I couldn't stand to see her hooked up to all those machines, tubes, and IVs, but the staff all fell in love with her and I knew she was getting the attention and love she needed and was used to.  She is back to her old crazy self now, and has to take meds on a daily basis.

I guess I shouldn't write too much, since I've never done this, and I'm not sure if I can get it to work.  :-)  I am so excited to be a part of this great community of big dog lovers!  Thanks for sharing all the great stories and pictures! 

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
Re: Just want to introduce myself and my Pyr, Roxy!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 09:34:57 am »
Hi and welcome!  Roxy is so cute!  I'm glad to hear she has recovered from her ordeal.   :)  My husband and I are owned by our newfie puppy, Sasha.  She's 9 months old now (yesterday!).  That's her to the left, but she's bigger now.   :D

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 09:40:09 am »
Hi Stephanie and Roxy!! You will love it here, but you must provide pictures.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 10:06:55 am »
Hi I have a pyr named Kiah. She's 6 1/2 months old. I'm glad to hear your pyr is doing well.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2005, 10:18:56 am »
Hey Stephanie!  I'm glad to hear that Roxy's doing well.  That must have been so horrible!  I feel as you do....whatever it takes to keep the big ones well!  I have two Newfoundlands:  a 7 month old brown puppy, Chester and Cowboy, a Landseer (black and white)  who is almost three years old.  He's an epileptic so I understand about daily meds and learning to live with your fingers crossed at all times!! ;D

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2005, 10:35:30 am »
Welcome to BPO, glad to have you here.

I've never seen a pyr with black on them before.  Is that unusual?  I know they can have tan patches on them that sometimes go away as they get older, but I've never heard of black.  She's very cute.

My name is Chris, and I have a husky/shep Keiko and a great dane puppy Gunther

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2005, 10:46:11 am »
Hi Stephanie,  Welcome to BPO.  I am owned by two Pyrs Sugar Bear who is my 14 month old boy.  He has a tan and black spot on his rump and black on the tips of his ears.  Dixie Darlin is my 8 month old pyr girl, she is my wild child and into everything.  My life revolves around these two and I would not have it any other way. 

Lisa
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 08:42:06 pm by DixieSugarBear »
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 11:21:27 am »
Hi Stephanie,

We are owned by a 5 mo. old Kuvasz and 3 y/o American Eskimo. You just write as much as you want, everyone loves to read posts. But we do love pics more... ;)

Hope to hear lots from you.

Good Hope
Deena

Offline kildeskennel

• Paw-meister
  • Beautiful beauty
    • View Profile
    • Kildes Kennel
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2005, 12:18:25 pm »
Welcome Stephanie!  I love Roxi's black mask!  My name is Shana and my family and I share our lives with 3 Kuvasz, Beauty 3 years old, Aidan 1 year 4 months, Cali, 12 weeks old, 1 cocker Max 3 1/2 years old, 2 cats Sugar, and Trouble each 4 years old, and our newest addition who was found out on our farm Tiger, I estimate him to be 2 months old, although when we found him he must have only been 4-5 weeks old, he was so tiny.  I do believe he has an identity crisis as the dogs all adopted him and he acts more like a dog than a cat.  Chases balls, his own tail, loves the water, he is a riot!  I look forward to seeing more pic's of your girl! 
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.
Storm Jameson

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2005, 01:24:27 pm »
Hi Everyone!
    My name is Stephanie and I have an almost 3 yr old Great Pyrenees named Roxy.  I want to start out by saying how fabulous and fun this site is!   My life revolves around Roxy, and she knows it!  She has a personality that drives me crazy...in a good way!  Roxy is a perfect combination of love, loyalty, goofiness, mischief, trouble, curiosity, and smarts!  She loves everybody she meets and can make people fall in love with her the minute they meet her.  Roxy isn't what some consider a "typical" all white Pyr. She has a big black spot on her rump and a black head with white eyebrows...thi s girl has character and I love her!  Sadly, we almost lost Roxy this past March when she became very sick.  We didn't know what was wrong with her; she didn't eat, didn't want to go for walks, became lethargic, and wouldn't respond to her name when we called it.  Her body temperature dropped down to near-death levels and she went into shock.  Roxy was diagnosed with Addison's Disease and had to be rushed to the Animal Emergency Center of Arizona.  Roxy spent 5 very expensive, but worth every penny, nights at the Emergency Center. I couldn't stand to see her hooked up to all those machines, tubes, and IVs, but the staff all fell in love with her and I knew she was getting the attention and love she needed and was used to.  She is back to her old crazy self now, and has to take meds on a daily basis.

I guess I shouldn't write too much, since I've never done this, and I'm not sure if I can get it to work.  :-)  I am so excited to be a part of this great community of big dog lovers!  Thanks for sharing all the great stories and pictures! 

Hello & welcome to BPO!!...Your girl is not unusual for a Pyr!!...She's just special!! ;D Around 65% of Pyr pups are born with color but only around 18-20% keep any color into adulthood...My Sammy is heavily marked with tan & was a pup with very dark markings...My Pippin was born white & will stay white...There are plenty of Gr. Pyrs with color!!!...I happen to feel lucky that Sam kept his color!...I hope to hear more of you & your beautifully marked Pyr!!!

Offline Roxy Poxy

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2005, 02:59:13 pm »
Hi!  Just trying to get any pic of Roxy to go through...mayb e they are all sized too big? hmmm.  Well, I'm sure that as soon as I mistakingly choose the dorkiest picture of Roxy that I have, the pic will then go through!  She went through her "ugly duckling" phase between 7 months and 13 months.  She grew tall and lanky, but hadn't yet grown in her nice fluffy double coat.  She had a big furry head, and a skinny patchy body.  The sad thing is, my fiancee and I thought she was so beautiful then; we would parade her around and were so proud!    We were blinded by love!  Now we look back at pictures of her during the awkward "teenage years" and think, a face only a mother could love!!  Did anyone else experience that with thier pups?  Maybe it was just Roxy...at least she grew out of it.. Then again, maybe she didn't. What do I know, I think she is always beautiful! 

Offline cincbcat

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 04:57:00 am »
Welcome, from one Pyr lover to the next!
My girl is Sadie and she is 6 months at the end of the month!
Rachel

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 10:29:12 am »
Sugar Bear is going through that lanky stage.  He is 14 months and he looks all legs to me. I love the dark mask on your baby.  Sugar Bear has lost a lot of the color he had as a baby.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Blair

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 10:31:09 am »
Welcome to BPO...You have a beautiful girl. I look forward to seeing more pictures of her and reading many post from you  :D

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 11:14:21 am »
Just curious...Roxy looks to be a big girl!...How much does she weigh?...How tall at the whithers?...She looks huge! :)