Author Topic: We finally met! The BPO meet-n-greet in So. Cal!!!  (Read 20034 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
We finally met! The BPO meet-n-greet in So. Cal!!!
« on: September 24, 2005, 06:13:00 am »
Ok everyone....so I am in the car driving back to my bro-in-law's after an awesome day of playing with fellow BPOers. It was soooo much fun!!! We met at the dog beach at 10:30 played until 12, and then ate a very fun dog restaurant. Bear even had 2 dog meals. :)
As I drive today and tomorrow morning on my way home all that I can think of is how much fun we had. I have never been around a group of people with their big babies as nice,fun, and normal as all of you. So, thanks for the fun: Susan & Erik, Mari, Jessica & Chris, Kirsten & Tom, Barbara, Gina & your husband, and Chris.
Also, a special thanks for my love, Michael, because without you my dreams would never come true. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 08:10:31 am by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: .We finally met in So. Cal!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 06:16:42 am »
I'm sooooooooooooo ooo jealous!!! I haven't met anyone on here that has even mentioned Pittsburgh so I don't think anyone is close enough. Glad you had a great day!!!

Offline Roxy Poxy

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 06:30:40 am »
Even though I wasn't there and I don't know any of you, I am soooo happy that you all met up!  I bet the dogs had a blast!!  I'm jealous as well; poor Roxy hasn't even ever been around any fellow big dogs.  We do run into a puggle, a yorki, and a chihuahua when on are walks sometimes...bu t those three dogs are always being pushed around in a little stroller/baby carriage!!  Roxy is scared of little dogs anyway...I think it's because they always start yapping and barking for no reason.  Oh well... I hope those of you who met up took tons of pictures!  We can't wait to see them!

nickerbokker

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 07:38:38 am »
 :'(

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 07:40:00 am »
Well, Chester, Cowboy and I had a blast!  What fun!!!! (oh, wait a minute, I promised Nikkers that we'd have NO fun and wouldn't talk)  Okay, we had a moderate amount of fun.  The only time we cracked a smile is when the dogs were all rolling in the sand.  I had the only Newf that had to be rescued out of the water (but he has an excuse ;)).  It was so nice to meet everybody and their dogs and everyone, as Jaime said, is so normal...given that we all have giant beasts that were sandy, wet and drooly and we all thought they were adorable. ;) 

We really do have to plan another time to include more BPO'ers.  I think we even picked up a few more people who would like to be members who noted what a moderately good time we were having! ;) :D ;D ::)

nickerbokker

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 07:41:22 am »
traitor  :'(

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 07:43:40 am »
traitor  :'(

Honest!!!!  Hardly any fun!!!  there was some discussion of needlepoint patterns, the random pattern of waves, and I think there was something about french-braiding styles.  So really, NO fun........... .............. .............. .........hardl y! :o

nickerbokker

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 07:45:59 am »
well, i heard different from my ex bestie jaime who had fun without me.  so whatever.

no im kidding!  it sounds like you all had a blast!  i am so sad i didn't go.....but hopefully i can go next time...minus the mutts of course LOL.....

fyi, i heard how bear likes cowboy so much lol, and how chester likes bear so much...they sound like a perfect little trio!

did my husband ever show up or what?

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005, 07:58:40 am »
Nope.  He, like you, had to work!  We are going up to the cabin next weekend to celebrate his 25th  (I'm going up with the dogs on Wednesday to get food in....wanna come???)

We really had so much fun and I really think we should try to get something on the calendar for maybe after Christmas so everybody can plan far enough ahead to be there!

Cowboy and Chester are soooooooo tired.  They both had to get bathed before they could even walk in to the house.....they had dinner and look like they are both down and out for the night!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: We finally met in So. Cal!
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2005, 08:09:19 am »
Aw Nicks...you make me sad.  :( We all missed you terribly!

Bear and Michael slept soundly the entire way back to Santa Clarita. I just took a shower and am clean. Bear on the other hand will have to wait until we get home tomorrow for a bath because on we are spending the night in a tiny 3rd floor apartment with no hose. Poor baby.  ::)

I can't wait until Barbara posts all of the pictures as well as the other members.

Next time.....I think that anyone in Southern California, Nevada and Arizona need to come! Do you hear me Nicki, Grumpy and Brigid?!  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: We finally met in So. Cal!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2005, 08:36:30 am »
Next time.....I think that anyone in Southern California, Nevada and Arizona need to come! Do you hear me Nicki, Grumpy and Brigid?!  ;D

Yes, ma'am.  I hear you...    ;D

I am glad you all had a great time, and I am terribly jealous.  Next time for sure!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: We finally met! The BPO meet-n-greet in So. Cal!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2005, 08:49:24 am »
I'm happy for all of you!...That is just wonderful! ;D...Nicks, I'm really sorry you couldn't go this time...I am sure it made you sad...Here's a hug for you. ((((((((((Nicks)))))))))) :-*

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2005, 10:02:26 am »
I am so glad everyone had fun!!!  how cool!  wished I could have gone.  Next time for sure
Timmie

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2005, 10:12:25 am »
We had such a great time meeting everyone!  Sasha is sleeping now--she's so tired!  We'll post photos soon!  :)

nickerbokker

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2005, 10:57:49 am »
oh please do ASAP!  im dying here!  make my saturday fun lol.  im so pathetic!