Author Topic: THinking about a gathering in Lafayette Indiana  (Read 12147 times)

Offline Legends & Sassy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Don't Forget To Hug Your Furbaby Today & Everyday
    • View Profile
THinking about a gathering in Lafayette Indiana
« on: September 24, 2005, 09:36:07 am »
Hello! All!
  I've been thinking about having a BPO meet here in Lafayette, Indiana...How many members live close? Please give me some input on this topic....
                  DFTHYFBT&E
                                       Love
                                                   Legends

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: THinking about a gathering in Lafayette Indiana
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 09:37:44 am »
I live by Laporte, In.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 11:34:09 pm »
Hey!
I live in Bloomington. A gathering would be fun!

Offline princess snuffles

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 12:16:24 pm »
I live in illinois, one hour from tera haute,in .

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 12:48:00 pm »
Is this still on, or did I miss it?  I live 30 Miles south of Indpls.  My Darmok and I would love to meet w/ some other big dogs! (All her friends are little) :(
DOGS LAUGH, BUT THEY LAUGH WITH THEIR TAILS.

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 01:25:19 pm »
Actually we were talking about this last night... but instead of Lafayette we we're going to go to a dog beach in Michigan City, it'll be this spring I suppose.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 01:27:54 pm »
Hey 2 dobies! Yeah, I think in the spring would be a fun time, and then we could include our Chicagoland friends, too. Where are you? I saw that pic of you at Lake Monroe, I live really close to there!

Just so everyone knows, I have a GREAT place for a gathering....I live on  30 acres...just throwing that out there!

GR8DAME

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 01:32:16 pm »
This Chicagoland friend would love to give it a shot.
Stella

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 01:46:54 pm »
Give the dog beach thing a shot, Stella?

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 02:39:39 pm »
Hey 2 dobies! Yeah, I think in the spring would be a fun time, and then we could include our Chicagoland friends, too. Where are you? I saw that pic of you at Lake Monroe, I live really close to there!

Just so everyone knows, I have a GREAT place for a gathering....I live on  30 acres...just throwing that out there!

Have you ever heard of Martinsville? (aka Martintucky, Hicksville, etc) That's where I am.  We go to Lake Monroe every spring before it gets busy and let Dar play around in the sand and in the water--she loves to chase those gulls!!! A spring dog beach thing would be good---I'll be ready for a few days' vacation!  The last time we went up north to the Dunes, we went camping and had some raccoons doing a mating ritual under our car! They even took their hands and unzipped our tent door and felt around on the floor for eats!  Didnt have a dog with us at that time---good thing, or we would have ended up sleeping in something that didnt even resemble a tent!

GR8DAME

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 02:52:21 pm »
Yeah, Nicole, the dog beach would be closer for me, but I would go with the flow. Whatever suited the majority.
Stella

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 03:20:43 pm »
2Dobies,
 Yeah, I know Martinsville! hahahah...Mart intucky! hahahaha! Funny!

Stella, well, sounds like a trip to the Dunes would be fun, and probably easier for Megan since she's um...you know. Without transport and all. We can all do the camping thing, if everyone wanted. There is a campground pretty close to the dog beach. And, like 2 dobies said, there's tons of raccoons...so um, I guess we'll have to watch that with the dogs. Put all the food up and what-not.

We can bring grills down to the beach and cook up some hotdogs and what-not. I also have a home in Michigan City, so I could bring all the stuff that would be a PIA for everyone to travel with. (Grill, utensils, that sorta thing)

I say its a plan. When does everyone wanna do it? I would request...um.. .May or June.

Offline 2dobies

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 03:29:03 pm »
Sounds like a good plan to me.  I'm pretty flexible about the date--I get time off from work pretty much whenever I request it.  I'll have to work hard on Sasha's "social skills" before then.  She's not mean, but she really likes to bark up a storm!!! Dar, on the other hand, is Miss Congeniality w/ any size dog. Camping, huh??? Mayyybeee. My old bones dont care much for ground dwelling anymore---give me a Holiday Inn to camp out in! ;D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 03:55:21 pm by 2dobies »

GR8DAME

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 03:35:33 pm »
Camping sounds great. We have a pop-up that sleeps 7, depending on friendly you want to get.
Stella

Nicole

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 03:36:31 pm »
ha! Well, 2Dobies, there are plenty of places to stay if you aren't into the camping thing! hahhaha! Actually, at one point, we were discussing all throwing in on a beach house somewhere in the area. There's tons of them for rent by the week or weekend or whatever.

I was discussing it with Lins, I think. HEY LINS, REMEMBER THAT?! Don't know if she'll hear me or not..hehe..but she should definitely be in on the gathering. Since I didn't get to see her over Christmas, I wanna see Lady and Grace this summer! hahhaa!

Anyway, maybe a beach house rental? What does everyone think of that? Or, we could just make it a day trip, but 2Dobies has about 3 and a half hours to drive...