Author Topic: Hoping to find excellent home for 3 yr old Newf in MD/DC  (Read 2937 times)

Offline Garden

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hoping to find excellent home for 3 yr old Newf in MD/DC
« on: September 24, 2005, 11:22:11 pm »
Hi all.  I'm trying to find an excellent home for a 3 year old Newf girl.  I've been fostering her for a friend from work who just could no longer care for her for personal reasons.  She's beautiful, incredibly sweet and laid back, very well socialized.  I'm in the Maryland/DC area.  I have a list of questions for anyone interested -- obviously need someone who knows and loves the breed, with all of the Newfie upsides and perhaps the one tiny drawback (just a tad of droll...!)  Respond by post or email to Garden25@comcast.net.
Thanks!

Icerotti

Re: Hoping to find excellent home for 3 yr old Newf in MD/DC
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 11:49:09 pm »
Do you have any pictures? Does she like other dogs and children? Any health concerns or issues?
Thanks.

Offline Garden

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 12:09:57 am »
I will try to have pictures up soon.  Kaya loves other dogs -- she was in a multi dog household before and since she's stayed with me we've gone on daily trips to dog park.  She's typical Newf - laid back, maybe even more interested in going to greet each person!  She's been around children.  Even this morning, a 2 yr old little boy (and mother) came up to us and hugged her, which she loved.  She truly takes everything in stride. 
No health problems, I was told that she was xrayed for hips at 2 years old and that all was fine. 
Honestly, I would just keep her permanently, but I am already up to my quota :-) 

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 01:33:04 am »
I understand being up to your quota...I hope someone here at BPO can help...She sounds like a joy!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 03:19:11 am »
I hope that she can find a good home soon. You sound like a great foster mom to by the way.  ;D Have you called the Newf Recscue in your area. Maybe they can help as well.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Garden

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 06:06:50 am »
Thanks, I hope so too!  She is terrific, that's for sure.