Author Topic: NC and SC get together  (Read 8112 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
NC and SC get together
« on: April 22, 2005, 01:36:28 am »
Hi, the CA people are planning to meet and have a fun day with their "kids", like Bears mom I find it hard too, to find people that dont think of me as a total nut, because of the dogs I have, large!!

Thought it would be real fun if we in NC and SC (and whoever else in the nearby states) could do something similar. Decide a date and place in the summer,meet with our dogs and have a nice day, maybe grill out, and just have a good doggy day together.

If you live aroung NC, please let me know if you are interested and maybe we could have a fun day a bit later on in the summer.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

dohertyswissy

Re: NC and SC get together
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 09:34:52 am »
Hi Marit,

That sounds great!  I live in Raleigh, NC with my husband, Jason, and Swissy, Ranger.  Let me know if you need any help planning the event... I'd be more than happy to help!

Heather  :D

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 03:22:29 pm »
Wonderful, and maybe we can try and plan something together, it is always easier to be a couple of people to do something like this. maybe we can talk on messages or email, when we try and figure out where and when and what to do.

my email is mastiff_family@yahoo.com

Thanks for your offer,

Marit

Offline petography

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Doherty Digital Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 11:31:16 pm »
Hi guys-I am a Boston photographer who specializes in pets and their human companions.  If you guys get a big renunion set up, I would love to come down and do photo shoots if you are interested.  Let me know-all your dogs look so great!!
Sheila

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 01:46:19 pm »
That sounds great, but hehehe so far it doesnt seem to be a giant gettogether, I believe it is only me and Heather so far. Is there noone else out there living in NC or SC or even GA, hmmmm maybe TN too. Heather I believe we will be a bit lonely but hopefully more people will join us. No matter what I think it would be so much fun to get together, do you have a month that would be better than anyone else, and do you think we should shot for somewhere inbetween Raleigh and Carlotte??? Maybe we can gather some more giant dog mommies and daddies.

Marit

Offline nettrek4

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Bonnie Collies
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 07:11:56 am »
  I live in NE TN near Bristol with my bunch of collies.  If you do indeed set a date let me know and I'll come over and keep you company!
       Marcia Potts, Bonnie Collies
Marcia P. and the Bonnie Collies

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 12:05:17 pm »
That sounds wonderful, I'd say depending on where people come from, we can try and find a place that is kinda in the middle, so we all have to travel about the same. I really hope we can get together a few more people it would be so much fun to get together and just have a fun doggie day together.

Marit

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 08:50:17 pm »
Count us in, we are from Charlotte. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun. My email address is tjohnston_24@yahoo.com

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 12:17:37 am »
 :D Love this, now we are getting somewhere, I am just outside Charlotte too, so the ones we have so far us two in Charlotte, Heather in Raleigh and Marcia in north east TN we are on the right way here.

looking at your username, do you own a mal.?? How old and gender??? Maybe I'll get to bring my Siberian Husky even though he has not got all that big feet, only a big ego, does that count lol....

I am really looking forward to meeting you all, lets hope we can gather a few more big feet, and then start planning where and when.

Marit

Offline ting1sf

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 03:59:04 am »
I live in North California and if you guys are meeting anywhere near or only a bit far, I would love to come with my new puppy :)

Email me! ting1sf@yahoo.com
I rather love a dog than a human. Because you put  100% into a dog , you get 200% back. As for humans you sometimes you get nothing back.

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 03:54:06 pm »
Sorry for the late reply, yes I own a malamute, she is 14 weeks old.  Her name is Tonka. She is our only dog for now. I am sure she would love playing with the other dogs, she still gets a little intimidated with dogs that are larger than she is, poor thing, she was the runt so hopefully she will be getting bigger soon! I hope we can all get together soon. ;D

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 11:27:32 pm »
I live in North California and if you guys are meeting anywhere near or only a bit far, I would love to come with my new puppy :)

Email me! ting1sf@yahoo.com

Hi, I think you meant to post on the CA get together, I believe they will have something in the northern part of CA, not too sure though, we are on the east coast, so that would be kinda far for you, but hey...... who says you cant come anyway lol.... If you decide to take a vac. in our part of the big land, tell us and we'll meet you and have  some fun.

Marit

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 11:31:05 pm »
She is just too cute, that look says it all, she owns you all, and she knows it too lol....

It doesnt look like we will be a giant group, but however many we are, I am sure we will have a fun day, with lots of slobbers and drool, ohhhh and pooper scoopers.

Why dont you all tell me if there is any month that would be better than any other, and if you have any idea for a place, concidering where we all are located.

Marit

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2005, 08:52:50 am »
What about somewhere near Boone? I know of atleast one hotel that allows dogs and they have a grassy play area! Is that too far for everyone to go, or did you want to make it a one day trip? We went to Boone last Sunday when it snowed a little because since snow did not come to our dog we took the dog to the snow. She had a blast, I hope we have a winter this year! I was trying to think of places where we really don't have to have leashes on them so they can run free, but nothing really comes to mind except a couple of dog parks, but I am unsure of the pricing. Any month is good for us. Is there a city in the middle that has an area for the dogs to play?

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2005, 09:09:29 am »
Boone is a real good alternative, I looked it up, and the ones who are with us for now, it is us two from Charlotte we would have about 120 miles, Bristol TN is only about 65 miles, poor Raleigh though is 190 miles. And if it is a one or two day event, is really up to you all, since we all have to travel it would be fun to stay for a couple of days, but like I said, thats up to every one here, for me it is okay either way. Any month too for that matter. And no, from the top of my head I can not come up with a place that would be good for both us and the dogs, after all I have only lived here for 5 years lol...... hubby says I could get lost in my own back yard.

I will do some research though, but for now Boone sounds real good, and dog friendly hotel is nice, it is kinda hard to "smuggel" giants in lol.....

Marit